When sex toys turn green

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:59 am
Quote:
When sex toys turn green - for health, that is
Concern about effects of common chemical leads consumers to seek options

It is, perhaps, a measure of just how mainstream sex toys have become that there are now budding consumer and environmental awareness campaigns being waged over them.

The biggest controversy is about the materials from which many toys are made.

Most vibrators, dildos and "love dolls," for instance �- especially the soft, pliable "jelly" type �- use some form of plastic. In an effort to make the materials softer and more lifelike, PVC plastics suppliers incorporate one or more members of a family of compounds called phthalates (FAY-lates). To hear some environmentalists tell it, using a vibrator that includes phthalates is akin to bathing in DDT. Alarmed, some sex toy retailers, most prominently San Francisco-based Good Vibrations, are banning toys that include phthalates. But to hear the chemical industry tell it, phthalates are about as benign as mountain spring water. So what is a sex toy consumer to do?

Entire article here

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/HEALTH/PROJECTS/Sexploration/vlrg_GreenSex2.hlarge.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,607 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:05 pm
Use a cucumber. Or a hot dog slightly warmed. A zuchini is alright provided it has not grown overly large... Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:06 pm
Having watched a hot dog be removed from a womans vagina in an ER, I think I will pass on that.... Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:10 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Having watched a hot dog be removed from a womans vagina in an ER, I think I will pass on that.... Laughing

I need to know more about this please shewolf........
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:10 pm
Shocked
AUGHH!! maybe a cucumber is safer. Hot dogs are too small anyway. I guess if one is going to play with such toys they should at least be bigger than one's usual partner Very Happy
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:12 pm
and surely a hot dog would break up as soon as you try and get a good grip on it?
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:15 pm
Exactly, hot dogs are out!!! So, we're back to cucumbers and .... any other ideas?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:18 pm
big banana with a condom on? Or Plantain?
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:21 pm
condom is definitely necessary. Yuck!! can you imagine doing an unwrapped banana?? Ever try a turkey baster?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:37 pm
excuse me. I've entered the wrong thread. I thought this was about fungus forming from lack of use.

Joe(I knew someone who swore by Kielbasa, slightly microwaved)Nation
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:40 pm
Thanks Joe! But again let's not forget the condom. Sausage grease does not sound very sexy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:43 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
and surely a hot dog would break up as soon as you try and get a good grip on it?

that is the reason she was in there.

The very end.. probably less then 1/2 was so far in her vagina that every time she tried to get it out, she said she was 'pulling crumbs'

there was just not enough for her to get ahold of and pull

so she had to have someone else get it out.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 01:47 pm
zucchini
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 02:10 pm
Sorry, I spelled it wrong back there. Yes, zucchini is worth a try. It sure won't fall apart like hot dogs.

Turkey basters are better yet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 02:19 pm
turkey baster.....

i cant ........ er......... picture it........ Shocked
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 02:46 pm
cut off the end. Makes a great sucking simulator....or so I've been told Embarrassed
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 03:04 pm
oh, the mental images going thru my head right now....... Shocked

This is a perfect thread for the Fourth of July as there will probably be an abundance of leftover grilled hotdogs sitting around tonight. Maybe they should put warnings on the packages!
0 Replies

Chatter

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:36 pm
Really they should. Laughing I mean these are potentially hazardous to one's health, not to mention self esteem (in the E.R.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 05:22 am
Electric toothbrush.

Oh sorry, that's not very green.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 05:28 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:

My thoughts exactly!
0 Replies