No Hope For Universal Health Care

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 02:38 pm
Yes, I agree t's a political issue. With our politicians taking money from insurance and major hospital groups, it's an uphill battle. Americans are just too lazy to research the pros and cons of UHC.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:18 pm
CI
As in illinois the politically corrupt democrat governor and government have tried to institute a universal insurance program. Now they can go to the uneducated citizens of Illinois and say we tried but the program wasn't feasible. The fact that it was planed to be impossible to implement goes over the heads of most people because the media dosent bother to explain to the electorate. Lots of money to be made in advertisement. The largest problem with our media is they are just as bought as our politicians. The common man dosent have an advocate anywhere in our system. This is the only place where one can get information and one has to be very careful what he reads and do much digging to aquire correct information.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:10 pm
Even Hillary Clinton received over $800,000 from the health care industry.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:18 pm
Politicians receive money from special interest groups for a number of reasons, mostly because they arn't funded from anywhere else.

The good ones though, take into consideration all the issues from inception to committee to the floor of the house - have seen legislation pass and enacted into law from the efforts of grassroots organizations. If you want the government to act - you must get involved.

I also never thought i'd be giving Arnolds props, but the guy does listen to what Californians say.

If you research, read everything you can regarding the issues, then petition your lawmakers, you will impact lawmakers decisions. Call your Senators and Representatives offices and ask questions. Check thier websites daily for legislative updates, and do sign up for their newsletters. Then pass the word. That's what advocacy is about.

Correspond with your Senators, thank them for lauding an important issue, and also tell them what your thoughts are when they don't. I find thier responses invaluable.

Your a constituent. Make your voice heard.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:27 pm
Stradee, I am probably more politically active than over 80 percent of Americans. I always vote in every election, write to Senator Feinstein regularly, and to my brother (a republican) in Sacrament (he's a legislator).

He's the lone GOP member who supported Ahnold's health care proposal. I'm very proud of him.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:52 pm
Give your brother a hug for me, CI :-D
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:47 pm
Good job, c.i.'s bro! Very Happy

The only problem i see is people arn't educated regarding the issues, and unfortunately, read newspaper articls and judge issues from what they hear from the media.

Senator Feinstein interceded for me regarding an animal issue that was relatively new. The Senator sent a letter to the NIH asking them to send me data, explaining the whys, etc. She's also been a terrific animal advocate, the author of the first Horseslaugter Prevention bill, and co-sponsor of the completed bill before Congress now and one the president is expected to sign.

Both Senator Feinstein and Boxer have proven they're formidable allys for animal and human rights. Good people.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:57 pm
Stradee, That's what I respect about Senator Feinstein; she not only returns your emails, but takes action usually on the right issues. I don't always agree with Senator Feinstein, but I respect her for her ethics and hard work.
0 Replies