Do Christians believe in ghosts?

Philis

Wed 30 Sep, 2009 01:55 am
@Philis,
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt. Old Testament Daniel 12:1-3 and 10.

Ec 9:5 old testament
The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no more reward, and even the memory of them is lost.
Francis

Wed 30 Sep, 2009 02:59 am
@Philis,
Can't you see how those quotes are contradictory?

But there's plenty of them in the fairy book..
Philis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 02:08 am
@Francis,
Francis, love U. No one at all , I think, really knows life after death. It is a mystery. Because I feel the dead are only raised when the creator raises them man to me is dead and returns to dust.

Job 14:10 OT............
But man dies and is laid low; he breathes his last and is no more.

But on this matter I remain quite open to what is beyond death
Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 02:57 am
@Philis,
You are free to believe whatever fairy tales you want.

Simply, I dislike the way you stuff this site with your silly proselytism..
cicerone imposter

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 04:06 am
@Francis,
Francism You know how "nasty" I can be with people who are extreme in most topics, but people with religion go one step further by "preaching to the choir." I get it from all my siblings, but especially my sister who keeps sending christian stuff that I delete.

I know they are hard-wired that way, so I just ignore them.
Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 05:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, but I've a hard time ignoring these nutcases, who are constantly trying to shove down one's throat their silly beliefs.

You hardly see any atheist/agnostic doing the same.
spendius

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 05:27 am
@Francis,
Quote:

Not bloody much. The whole Media promotes atheism and agnosticism. Every day-all day.
spendius

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 05:30 am
@spendius,
What possible motive would Media have to promote resistance to Satanic temptations?
Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 08:51 am
@spendius,
You obviously do not have many telepreachers channels, like they have in the US.
0 Replies

Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 08:54 am
@spendius,
You tell me..

They don't need to lure me into temptation, I can manage well by myself..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:21 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Yes, but I've a hard time ignoring these nutcases, who are constantly trying to shove down one's throat their silly beliefs.

NO; thay have been very strident and militant.
farmerman

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:40 am
@spendius,
Quote:
What possible motive would Media have to promote resistance to Satanic temptations?
Cause it moves popcorn and chochkies. ALL the shows of the SUpernatural are pretty much that theme. Evil only wins briefly and usually its a comedy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
NO; thay have been very strident and militant.

On my cable net, we have no less than 6 Bible Thumping stations, 2 Catholic stations where they say rosaries 24/7 and one Natural Homeopathic Medicine station which shares its endorsements with some reverend named Jimmy Bob , or something like that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:48 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Sure you do. No Christian can start a thread re any Christian concept or beliefs on mostly any forum or site that the Atheists do not descend en masse to ridicule or debase the Christian faith and call Christians things like 'nutcases' Smile.
Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:51 am
@Foxfyre,
That's, for sure, one silly belief..
0 Replies

Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:55 am
@Foxfyre,
You can see by yourself what a nutcase is: Asserting two opposite things in two juxtaposed sentences. (Philis).

And lying...
0 Replies

neologist

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:05 am
@Francis,
and @Philis,
Not contradictory.
The dead live in God's memory until John 5: 28,29 is fulfilled:

"Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."

The "judgement" BTW, is based on their deeds after resurrection.

Let us base our belief on neither a desire for license nor hope for reward.
Francis

Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:46 am
@neologist,
Neologist wrote:
Not contradictory

Oh, yeah? Look what this nutcase write and take a look at her/his other posts..

Philis wrote:
I personally am not into religion. I believe in spirit and truth told in the NT
Philis

Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:22 am
Francis why be so antagonistic. The original question is do christians believe in ghosts. Care to share an answer or just come here to search for victims to pick on. .....leave my beliefs alone, I am not here for disruption but just to share my opinion.....everyone has one you know. do CHRISTIANS believe in ghosts.......why ru on this post.
0 Replies

contrex

Sat 3 Oct, 2009 02:16 am
My father is a "Christian", in a loose, nominal sense: he would answer "yes" to the question "Are you a Christian?". That's about as far as it goes. He says he saw a ghost when he was aged 10. Story: he was staying with his mother and father in a very old hotel in Skegness (an English seaside town) and he was woken by a woman in a white gown coming into his room. She went out again, and in the morning he told his parents, who complained to the hotel manager. That individual told them that the hotel was haunted by the ghost of a woman who died there hundreds of years before, and that was what my father had seen. Personally, I suspect that the hotel manager was making it up to deflect the complaint.