Veggie Booty recall

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 04:32 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/29/veggie.booty.recall.ap/

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A popular snack food sold nationwide is being recalled because of concerns about contamination.

All lots and sizes of Veggie Booty Snack Food are being recalled, the company said, following a report of 51 cases of salmonella poisoning that may be associated with the product.

Georgine Hertzwig of Robert's American Gourmet in Sea Cliff, New York, said the company acted after the Food and Drug Administration contacted them about the illnesses in 17 states.

Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections, especially in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems. Symptoms include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

Quote:
Robert's American Gourmet says consumers who purchased Veggie Booty and still have the product in their homes should discard the contents and contact the company at 1-800-626-7557 for reimbursement. Information is also available at the company Web site www.robscape.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,106 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:16 pm
Wow!

We hardly ever eat that anymore but we used to buy it in bulk.

Thanks for the heads-up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
littlek turned me onto it ... I'm glad we don't happen to have any around right now
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:10 pm
I hear about this recall about 45 minutes after Jillian and I sat with her friends at school and handed out ( and ate.. hehe) a whole bag.

So far, everyone is fine.

I will cross my fingers now though..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 07:51 pm
Yikes is right! Haven't had the stuff in months - phew!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 08:45 pm
<yikes>
0 Replies