Open-air urinals in Edmonton.

noinipo

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:02 am
That reminds me of the open-air pissoirs in France. They were hiding the men from the waist down. That did not stop them from greeting ladies who walked by.
Open-air urinals will be set up (in Edmonton) for revellers near the busy bar area.
It's not a contraption for guys with shy bladders.
And it's definitely not for those who value privacy when taking a tinkle.
But city officials hope three sets of portable, open-air urinals to be placed in Old Strathcona later this summer will mean fewer revellers using the neighbourhood as one large, public washroom.
The units on order will not be enclosed or barricaded in any way. That means anyone passing by will get a full rear-view of men going pee in the outdoor urination stations.
"The trick is to make sure (the urinals) are obvious at night and people will be able to see them and go use them," Shirley Lowe, executive director of the Old Strathcona Business Association, told Sun Media yesterday.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/06/28/4296777-sun.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 861 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:29 am
I've been to Alkmaar (Netherlands) a couple of times.

The men's toilets for the multi-storey car park I (we) usually use are just across the street ... where the brothel street begins, type Kos as well.

Next time, I get a rucksack-toilet Laughing

http://www.outinstyle.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/System.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:35 am
Hey, you have to make a hockey rink during the dry season somehow...
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 06:09 am
This reminds me of the wonderful British movie: Clochemerle.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/c/clochemerle_1299000638.shtml
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 08:48 am
A town near lismore NSW has an open air bathroom. It's because there had been rampant drug use and people kept ODing in the stalls. So I heard, anyway.
0 Replies

pkenyon

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:07 pm
Portable Pissoirs in Edmonton
If these things make the area around Whyte Avenue smell better, and they will; and if you don't see anybody's 'bizness', then why not. Is 2 or 3 enough? I saw hundreds in Amsterdam, Belgium and even Picadilly Circus in the heart of London.
0 Replies