SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON ??

Tartarin

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:06 pm
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:09 pm
So instead of trying to discuss the points raised, you would rather discuss the way it is written?

Can there EVER be anything negative written about Hillary that doesn't seem to have a conservative tilt?

At least I have refrained, thus far, from calling her Hitlery...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:13 pm
Exactly, Tartarin, and that any of the senators, congressmen, presidents or any politician when put under the scrutiny of what their resume claims they have as experience to govern and the results come up nearly pathetic. The majority of them are second rate attorneys, mediocre business people, etc., etc. etc. To single Hillary out is a child's game.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:18 pm
Quote:
To single Hillary out is a child's game.

yeah, it is pretty easy to discuss Hillary's lack of experience. In fact , other than her husband sleeping around (which reflects poorly on her abilities as a wife and lover) and her bad decisions as a lawyer, there really isn't much to her at all.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:22 pm
BTW, Mapleleaf is the originator of this thread so as far as going off track, or seeming to go off track, the responsibility belongs to Mapleleaf to decided what to do about it.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:29 pm
One suspects there's a fair amount of baiting going on in McG's threads. He's enjoying himself, I guess, but others can decide if they want to engage in his idea of a good debate...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:31 pm
Baiting? No, just waiting for an honest reply. It seems no one is capable of anything more than petty insults and anti-Bush/republican rhetoric.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:42 pm
bush sucks
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:52 pm
dyslexia wrote:
bush sucks

Good one...

Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 02:02 pm
You won't hear Bill Clinton saying that :wink:
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 04:06 pm
Well, obviously McGentrix hasn't done any grocery shopping lately or he would have quoted directly from Weekly World News sitting right between the Enquirer and the Globe at the checkout. Front page. With photo. (Alien looks like Johnny Depp without ears.) McG -- you need to do some decent research before presenting another pathetic, fictionalized summary of Hillary. Here's the real thing. Check it out at your supermarket:

MY STEAMY NIGHTS WITH HILLARY IN UFO LOVE NEST!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 05:10 pm
I don't think McGentrix is that colorful -- more like very grey.

I don't know why Bill Maher has been so far hands off on Hillary. I know the far right suspects anyone with an IQ over 70, because they believe they have too many ideas about how to advance society. Too bad they really would like to return to the 18th, 16th or maybe even the 14th century. They'd make good barbarians and the gate they are assailing is common sense.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 05:24 pm
Whatsa matta you wise-ard -- you don' like my color scheme?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:13 pm
Light,
How did you get caught up in this?

I'm not interested in Bush, the negatives of her husband nor her. My intent was to determine the appeal of Senator Clinton, or at least why the press continues to present her as viable candidate. I don't want to judge her, but to identify the factors which appear to justify her popularity.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:20 pm
A momentary lapse, I assure you Mapleleaf. I believe she's highly qualified as a leader and you ain't seen nothin' yet. However, how popular is popular? Can she muster votes nationwide? It's distinctly possible in the next ten years.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:22 pm
And, Tartarin, the fab five might be visiting you to work on your color scheme. (Or is it six?) I don't remember.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:10 pm
Quote:
However, how popular is popular?
A valid point...is she strong among women...professionals...blue-collar...housewives...East coast only...mmmm? I've gotten the feeling she does not show fear for men...looks them in the eye, so to speak. Perhaps this part of her personality appeals to some groups?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:34 pm
My goodness, McG, you actually camapigned for Lazio? He was the only one they could get to run. Others had been approached but refused, because they knew Hillary was strong. His tv commercials were mostly of him, hiw wife, and their children walking on the beach, and he couldn't even carry his own district, which was republican. Recently he ran again (locally) and lost by a wide margin.

And perhaps you should look into some of the political history of Hillary Clinton's NY campaign. Giuliani was told by upstate NY republican polls (usually a republican bulwark) that Hillary was well-regarded up there and stood a good chance. She worked the state, and was elected by a wide margin. You go astray if you try to give her the victory by using New York City. That alone wouldn't have done it - upstate NY is big and powerful, and she got their vote.

It seems you are blinded by blind hate of Hillary. You make accusations of Bush-bashng, which, of course, exists. But there is a glaring difference. Most of the Bush-bashing has to do with policy. There is rarely a comment on his relations with his wife (which do appear non-existent), or the way he walks. Not even his well-documented previous business failures are brought up often. But what is here to be read about Hillary has to do more with her personal life than anything else. And when you look at it - her political and professional experience is far greater than just the occasional appearance.

Maple - Hillary, in essence, is one of those strong, positive figures about whom there is little middle ground. Those who hate her do so with a resounding, all-encompassing hate. But those who don't - are even more passionate.

Ligtwizard - the fab five. But, since Tart rarely watches TV, she might not know.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 07:36 am
I've read about the Fab Five and seen examples of their taste (in the NYTimes) and feel they would heartily approve of my color choices (above)! JUST KEEP THEM OUT OF MY SAGE, SPANISH TILE, AND "TEA STAIN" COLOR SCHEME THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 07:37 am
Oddly, Mamaj, I'm in the middle about Hillary. I don't care for her, admire her in some ways, probably wouldn't vote for her, feel absolutely no animus, wouldn't be horrified if she won.
0 Replies