Classified Section of Sept. 11 Report Faults Saudi Rulers

au1929

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:27 am
Classified Section of Sept. 11 Report Faults Saudi Rulers
By DAVID JOHNSTON
The report says that Saudi Arabia funneled millions of
dollars to charitable groups that may have helped finance
the attacks, according to people who read the section.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/26/national/26SAUD.html?th

Does this comes as a surprise to anyone? If it does they must have been living in a vacuum. Not only are they guilty of that support but equally important is the dissemination of the Saudi form of fundamental poison [Islam] that is being exported and supported by the Saudi's through there madrassa's.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,601 • Replies: 41
No top replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 09:34 am
No. No surprise there, but I was surprised at the Saudi response.
Reading a related article yesterday, the Saudi government poo-pooed this finding--and blamed it on American Democrats! Shocked They issued a statement to their citizens not to be concerned; America was going through another election cycle--and the Democrats came up with this to hold over Bush's head.

A slick bunch! (The Saudis :wink: )
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 10:16 am
Is this the blacked-out part of the report the libs have been developing conspiracy theories for---?

I think their version was supposed to read-- "Hidden in the Shadows, Bush, Sharon and Karl Rove used their really big remote controls to steer the planes into the WTC and Pentagon..." Confused
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 10:20 am
the chairman of the report (a republican-cant remember his name) said that what was redacted out was 95% simply embarrasing to the white house and was not a matter of national security.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 11:04 am
dyslexia
From what Sen. Graham [presidential hopeful] chairman of the committee that generated the report said the blacked out portion was primarily about the culpability of Saudi Arabia in the 9/11 attack. The reason it was blacked out was that we need to stay on friendly relations with the Saudis. They are HA HA our ally. In any event we are dependent on their oil and ability to stabilize the crude oil prices. By pumping additional crude when needed. In any event that is my understanding based on what was said.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 12:02 pm
If the Saudi's are so in thick with the Bush family, why did they refuse to participate in the Iraq invasion? I think they are a bunch of two-faced liars and having them side against the Democrats is a revelation.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:27 pm
Just for the record, I can't stand the Saudis (ruling family), and wish we would speak the truth about them and develop alternative energy sources.

That govt is more to blame for 911 than any other, IMO. It makes me sick that we continue to pussy-foot around with them.

Let's take over :wink: ...I mean... start getting our oil from Venezuela or somewhere else, and leave Saudi to the sand.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 01:59 pm
Their protection payments to the terrorists group is enough of a smoking gun for me.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 02:45 pm
Regarding alternate energy. Could you imagine if we were to spend the same amount of money on research into alternate sources of energy as we do in making war what science would come up with. NO need for oil would mean no war in the Middle east. Of cource the bought and paid for congress would never go for that.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:49 pm
AU--
I think I can connect your dots to your statement--No oil would mean we wouldn't have war in the ME--

I guess it could be extended as: Saddam took Kuwait for oil--we put our Satanic feet on Saudi soil to liberate Kuwait--Osama gets miffed at our Satanic feet, and launches al-Quaida--

But, we were there before Kuwait, right? Is the connection really that simple? (Open to your response--not sure when we first arrived in Saudi.)

Do you think our nasty influence would've set an Osama off without the oil factor? The Islamic fundies are not a tolerant bunch...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 04:06 pm
This is a case of our govnerment needing the Saudi oil so we'll just kind of white wash them as far as their involvement, just making insinuation which we have no definite proof of and then letting it fade away. Or at least proof that will ever be made public in our lifetime. I could be wrong -- I hope this has put the Saudi's on the toes and they will conscienciously reform.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 04:33 pm
Sofia
Would the west have been in the Middle East if it were not for the oil? Would the governments of the Middle east had the money to purchase arms? Would an Osama Bin Laden been the son of a wealthy family with unlimited funds or just a tall man riding on a camel and living in a tent? Would the West be interested in the tribal fighting in that area? Would that area return to and take it's rightful place among the backward nations of the world?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 07:58 pm
I see, AU. You did go back further than I had. Wanted you to know I wasn't arguing... I was trying to see your rationale.

And, I do.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:08 pm
Aramco (arabian american oil company) began operations in Saudi Arabia in 1933
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:18 pm
dyslexia
If I am not mistaken at that time the oil company held the lease and the Saudi's recieved royalties. Some time after WWll they nationalized the oil wells. At least that is how I seem to remember it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:24 pm
Au,

Do you think our alliance with ireal is related to oil? I think it's not (at least not to a significant degree).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:37 pm
Au, Aramco was nationalized in 1976 by the Saudi govt
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 08:45 pm
oil imports into the USA 1. Canada 2. Saudi Arabia 3. Venezuela
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 07:59 am
Craven
Our alliance with Israel has nothing to do with oil. If Anything it acts as a detriment to our relations with the Mid Eastern oil producing countries.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 08:12 am
We're watching the push-and-pull technicque of diplomacy when it comes to Israel and the oil producing Arab countries. Some we have decided to push (**** them until they hurt) and some we promise to pull it out before we come.
0 Replies