So I'm Watching Hardball........

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:47 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
uh i live in raleigh finn. but the idea that i'm a bully is pretty laughable. in any case, keep talking tough from behind the screen door... it suits ou.

Jeez, with all your talk I though you might have a band that made it to a few other NC cities, and at least the biggest city in the state. I guess not though and therefore it's unlikely we will have the pleasure of meeting, but if you plan to visit Dallas anytime soon, let me know.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
OK, there is an idiot out there who says something stupid.

What's the point beyond hoping this particular idiot gets beaten up?

Putting aside the paradox of a Liberal suggesting that violence is the solution to any problem, why should we care about this particular incident?

We all know, by now, that Bipo has cultivated a personae that attempts to personify the Liberal Good Ole Boy. He posts disgusting scatological comments and regularly questions the gender of his opponents, but he always, reliably, abides by the Liberal dogma.

So what the hell is this post about?

Some yokel threw a softball into big bad bipos's wheelhouse.

God, I love Bipo!

Do you think his bar-band plays Freebird? If so I have to buy some Bics.
Maybe the word or label "liberal" matters more and is exploited more by the right THEN ANYBODY ELSE!

Duh...do you think?

For the first two years everybody was calling me a liberal I didn't even know what the hell it meant.

A deficiency I don't think I would be so ready to reveal Amigo. It took you two years to figure it out?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 09:54 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
By the way, good for you that you recognize that crude sexual slurs are not scatological in nature.

I thought he meant you carry a chicken around with you.

Oh that's so funny!

"Pecker" -- chicken -- I get it.

Wow Drew, ever consider going out on the circuit?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 12:19 am
Finn dAbuzz, Your ideology is bankrupt.

It was a sad, costly and pathetic process to witness. We would laugh except we all have too pay for it.

Why do you seek an olive branch through a Friedrich Nietzsche quote tucked down in your sig line. Why have your fellow Americans become "insipid".

If you guys really cared about the country you might try some introspect.

Of course we all know like some ideologies of the past that you prefer suicide to redemption.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:01 am
Amigo wrote:
Finn dAbuzz, Your ideology is bankrupt.

Is it? Presumably you can offer proof to this effect.

It was a sad, costly and pathetic process to witness. We would laugh except we all have too pay for it.

Again, since you have born witness to the process, one might hope that you can provide us with greater detail.

Why do you seek an olive branch through a Friedrich Nietzsche quote tucked down in your sig line. Why have your fellow Americans become "insipid".

My signature line is hardly an extension of an olive branch, but if you think it is, so be it. Why some of my countrymen have become insipid is a source of great consternation for me. Can you help? Since you so clearly hold the sort of opinions that I find to be insipid, perhaps you can explain the origins of your vapidity, and thereby I might better understand the wayward nature of so many of my fellow Americans.

If you guys really cared about the country you might try some introspect.

The country or my country, or our country? Where do you fit in?

It is introspection on a national level that leaves me with such dispair, but not, I suspect, in the way you would have it.

Of course we all know like some ideologies of the past that you prefer suicide to redemption.

That's rich. What are you offering? Redemption via the barbarians at the gate? At the end of The Empire's days, Roman intellectuals were known to welcome the cleansing influence of the barbarians. Now I would hardly accuse you of being an intellectual, but your notions bear a resemblance.[/[/color]quote]
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:09 am
Vapid a who? Confused

I'll be back. I have to go find a dictionary.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:11 am
Amigo wrote:
Vapid a who? Confused

I'll be back. I have to go find a dictionary.

See you later.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:15 am
Finn dAbuzz, Your problem is not a lack of intellect.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:23 am
Amigo wrote:
Finn dAbuzz, Your problem is not a lack of intellect.

This is a great straight line, but I'm going to take the lobbed softball and accept your claim to intellect. I'm also going to ask you to articulate what "my problem" might be.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:39 am
Desperation.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:44 am
Amigo wrote:
Desperation.

Sorry, but based on this inane reply, your problem truly is intellect.

Care to give it another shot?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 01:57 am
No.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 02:37 am
Amigo wrote:
No.

Understood.

Adios.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 07:13 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Putting aside the paradox of a Liberal suggesting that violence is the solution to any problem, why should we care about this particular incident?

We all know, by now, that Bipo has cultivated a personae that attempts to personify the Liberal Good Ole Boy. He posts disgusting scatological comments and regularly questions the gender of his opponents, but he always, reliably, abides by the Liberal dogma.

God, I love Bipo!

I guess I am not sure what your point is Finn other than to swing and miss at Bipo's softball. You fail to address any issue. You attack BP personally. Putting aside the paradox of your complaint that we shouldn't comment on the incident while you comment on the commenters, what is your point?

Perhaps we should care about this incident because the person that made these comments is in the US Congress. When a member of Congress will go so far as to denigrate US Soldiers serving overseas that disagree with him we seem to have lost any semblence of rational discourse, don't you think? Or would you rather contribute to the lack of rational discourse by proclaiming you are the only rational one here while providing no evidence of said rationality.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 08:49 am
BBB
All of you who consider reading Finn's posts a waste of time can join us with Bear's band playing and singing "May The Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose." ---BBB

One fine day as I was a-walkin' down the street
Spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet
Took a penny from my pocket
In his tin cup I did drop it
I heard him say as I made my retreat

CHORUS
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"
"May an elephant caress you with his toes"
"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"

The laundry man is really on his toes
Found a hundred-dollar bill among my clothes
When he called me I came a-runnin'
Gave him back his dime for phonin'
I heard him sayin' as I turned to go

CHORUS

I was way behind one day to catch the train
Taxi driver said "We'll make it just the same"
The speed cop made it with us
And as he wrote out the ticket
I stood by politely a-waitin' for my change

CHORUS

CHORUS

FADE

CHORUS
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:01 am
All together now! Laaa La Laa La.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:06 am
Amigo
Amigo wrote:
All together now! Laaa La Laa La.

Video with band playing-singing the song. So funny.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7894891733868871420&q=May+the+Bird+of+Paradise+Fly+up+Your+Nose&total=7&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:07 am
folks Finn is what he is. he particulalry doesn't like me. so what? he can't possibly get under my skin, so don't let him under yours.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:13 am
I think the right wing has gone a little coocoo.

There walking around like zombies repeating a broken program and their leader, a snake charmer, has skiped town.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 10:40 pm
parados wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

God, I love Bipo!

I guess I am not sure what your point is Finn other than to swing and miss at Bipo's softball. You fail to address any issue. You attack BP personally. Putting aside the paradox of your complaint that we shouldn't comment on the incident while you comment on the commenters, what is your point?

My point is that I find the sort of rants that this thread represents silly, and enjoy pointing them out. This was the issue I addressed. Another of my points is that I find Liberal Machismo hilarious. Another point I addressed. Yes, I supposed I attacked Bipo. It would take someone with far more time on their hands than I to find proof among all of these threads as to who first attacked who. (Although there was once a time on Abuzz when I indicated Bipo was one of the members I would most like to meet in person). Bipo is no suffering lamb though. I've been the target of his personal attacks on many occassions. I'm not complaining, and I don't think he is either. Come to think of it, I've also been the target of your personal attacks, but again, I'm not complaining.

By the way, please explain how it is a paradox to suggest that a particular subject is not worthy of comment while commenting upon those who do?

Perhaps we should care about this incident because the person that made these comments is in the US Congress. When a member of Congress will go so far as to denigrate US Soldiers serving overseas that disagree with him we seem to have lost any semblence of rational discourse, don't you think? Or would you rather contribute to the lack of rational discourse by proclaiming you are the only rational one here while providing no evidence of said rationality.

By all means care about what members of congress think. I know I do. When one of them makes a perfectly idiotic comment, though, I hope I don't try to suggest that it represents the views of his or her fellow Democrats or Republicans. (I may have in the past and if so, deserve whatever thrashing I may have received). I know I never suggested that the individual's stupidity should be met with violence.

Oh lofty parados, I never proclaimed to be the only rational person in this discussion or this forum, although many times I think I am one of a very few, and whether I have evidence rationality is a matter of opinion. If I have made anything clear in my participation on A2K, it is that I care very little about what others suggest about me, and while I grant the right of each and everyone to have an opinion, I feel no compulsion to grant them legitimacy simply because they exist.

0 Replies