Break up on my anniversary

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 03:11 am
I've been with my boyfriend for exactly 10 months. We get a long great but he's cheated on me. There are times when I realize that I havent gotten over it because sometimes I dont trust him. We just broke up because he's tired of me asking him if he's cheating me. I know he's changed, and I know its me because I know I have a jealous personality. He broke up with me, because he's tired of me continuously asking him if he really wants to be me. It's been 7 months since he's cheated.

How do I make him realize that I'm sorry, and I've learned to trust his feelings for me? He doesnt want to talk to me. And it doesnt help that right now he's in San Diego and I'm in the Bay Area.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 588 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 03:32 am
The 2 paragraphs of your post could've been written by 2 different people. Is it that you haven't gotten over the betrayal, or that you've learned to trust his feelings? You cannot have it both ways.

In fact, I will answer my own question. It's the former -- you're still not over the cheating. You have 2 choices: either truly get over it with no reservations, or accept the softball breakup he's given you and go your separate ways. Your choice, and it may be difficult if not impossible to do the former anyway. I suspect you and he would both be a lot happier if the breakup stayed broken.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:38 pm
have sex with someone who is HIV positive. then have sex with him. It'll take several years to show up and you'll have forgotten about it by then, I can tell.

then you have guilt free revenge.
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 08:58 am
The relationship is screwed. I know cause I've been right where you are where he cheats on you and then you spend the rest of your time together wondering if he's cheating. The best thing to do is to just let this one go and hope you two can be friends.

Its sounds like you're not ready to move on and he already has. There is no way to be together like that.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:47 am
Yup, sounds like you've killed the romance for him.
0 Replies