life with my mum!!

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 08:03 am
My mum is so horrible to me and i dont know why. She is always very short with me and never seems to be in a good mood when im around i just dont know what to do!

She isnt like this with my brother or sister. They could do anything they want around my mum but i cant!

She makes me feel like an outcast, as if i dont belong in the family and she seems to love arguing with me and seeing me upset. Its like she hates me and i just dont know why.

Ive tried talking to her and asking her what the problem is that she has with me but it just turns into a big argument and i dont get any of the answers that i want.

What am i supposed to do??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 381 • Replies: 5
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 08:41 am
You have my every sympathy.
Sometimes I think my mum hates my guts and at times has really hurt me even making me think Im a crap daughter, but Im sure its just my interpretation of the situation and we do love each other.

I can only think its a clash of personalities.

I take it that your female.
Are you the oldest?Maybe she resents you in some way.Maybe yuor youthful and pretty and she doesnt feel that good about herself anymore!
Maybe her marriage is rubbish, is she married, divorced?

Try to let it go.Realise that your mum is your mum and she cant help the way she is, its just a clash.
Try not to react to her hurtful comments.
Its something she has to deal with, not you.
Im sure your an absolute champ.Focus on you, dont let her get you down.
0 Replies

krazykat72

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:09 am
just to answer!!

no im not the oldest i have an older brother n sister and a younger brother and sister.

Yes she is married and right now her marriage is pretty rubbish, she treats my step dad the same way as me. He's getting pretty fed up of it all now aswell.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:49 am
Krazykat--

How old are you? How old are your brothers and sisters? How long have your mother and stepfather been married?

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

krazykat72

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:06 pm
i am 17 my brothers and sisters are 12, 15, 26, and 28

my mum and stepdad have been married for about 4 years now

thnx
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 01:53 pm
Krazykat--

I'm guessing here, but I suspect your mother is headed into menopause with thirty-years of child raising behind her and you at 17 have your whole life ahead of you.

Have you finished school? What are your plans? Do you have a job? Do you intend to get your own place?

I doubt that your mother is ever going to "give you the answers you want". Maybe your current state of war is a temporary condition and maybe the two of you will be fussing and feuding forever.

You want advice on how to make your mother love you--or show you that she loves you--or at least how to make her stop picking on you.

Sorry, you can't change your mother's behavior, you can only change your own.

Try to avoid conflict. If this means avoiding your mother, do so. Try to make her life a little easier. Pick up after yourself and every so often pick up after the younger kids. I don't mean that you should be a slave responsible for everyone else's mess--just every so often do a bit extra for the sake of improving the amount of peace in your own life.
0 Replies