I Am a Walking Disaster

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:23 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
_Heatwave_ wrote:
Yikes, Bella Dea - got to be careful there. Checked in with your doctor? At 8 months, you're probably just starting your weekly visits?

As big as you get in the last trimester, how d'you manage to forget that you're preggers?

No....I didn't. I was planning on calling today if the contractions hadn't stopped.

I don't really "forget" but some days I feel pretty good and not really 8 months pregnant. Laughing I know that sounds weird but I can't make myself slow down....I know I have to. My husband is getting mad at me because I continue to do things like I am not pregnant.

Is it the nesting that makes you feel like you can't slow down? Sounds like it to me - try to take extra precautions and try to remind yourself about the pregnancy thing.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:26 pm
Chai wrote:
Funny story tai

Yeah, I've known pregnant women who do things in their 8th month like buy a house, or move, or both.

What the hell?

I'm like...do you think this is the best time to make this huge decision and take this project on?

That was me! We sold one home, bought another and moved during my 7th month. Hey sometimes the selling/buying doesn't always work out when you are not preggers.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

You are all starting to scare me.

I wasn't suppose to be on baby-call until July 7th. (completed 35 weeks)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Bella--

Quote:
You all know that she is going to be late now. She is going to make me miserable well past my due date.

Ahem.

Bella, this is her due date, too.

Mother/Daughter rivalry is always ugly, but pre-natal Mother/Daughter rivalry is....ugly as homemade sin.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:27 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Bella--

Quote:
You all know that she is going to be late now. She is going to make me miserable well past my due date.

Ahem.

Bella, this is her due date, too.

Mother/Daughter rivalry is always ugly, but pre-natal Mother/Daughter rivalry is....ugly as homemade sin.

Hold your dominion.

Laughing

The problem is she gets to pick it, not me. I am putting my fate in the hands of a fetus.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:29 pm
Oh and I keep feeling weird about saying I am 8 months preggers.

I mean, technically yeah I am. 32 weeks. But since my due date isn't until Aug 4th, people look at me like I am lying since they don't get the whole "pregnant for 9 1/2 months thing".

What are you suppose to say? I am 32 weeks preggo? Or I am 8 months preggo?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:30 pm
AND I don't think she's flipped yet.

I feel her moving really low sometimes still. And up high. And on the sides.

I guess that could be her hands or her feet...oh hell, I don't know.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:34 pm
Quote:
The problem is she gets to pick it, not me. I am putting my fate in the hands of a fetus.

Yep.

Furthermore, after she's born, she'll spend the next 70 years carrying your heart in her hands--sometimes dragging it by one leg, like a teddy bear.

Motherhood is waiting for you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:40 am
'Case you were all wondering, I did not go into labor and have the baby last night.

Around 7ish, the contractions stopped and I felt a little better.

Today I feel...so so.

Baby is moving and there aren't any contractions. I am on high alert now though. Laughing
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 08:01 am
Noddy24 wrote:

Furthermore, after she's born, she'll spend the next 70 years carrying your heart in her hands--sometimes dragging it by one leg, like a teddy bear.

Motherhood is waiting for you.

Noddy, you have *such* a way with words! That's such a perfect description - I love it.

Bella Dea - glad you're feeling better. Must actively encourage that baby to stay inside for a couple more weeks - which means taking real good care of yourself.
0 Replies