How Far Do You Go to Help?

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 02:39 am
I am driving to Missouri Wednesday and will be taking my friend to the police station. We had a long talk on the phone and I told her that I wanted to file a report myself so that the police would investigate. She is scared, of course, but she is willing to do this as long as I am there. I guess she's not quite ready to do it on her own. But that's ok. Perhaps Tico (I believe it was Tico anyway) was right about her wanting someone to intervene on her behalf.

I stressed to her the fact that he will only continue to do this to others and since she knows it is wrong she is kind of responsible. I'm not sure that was the right thing to say because he is the one with all the responsibility. But it did seem to jar her into some reality.

I also talked to her about going and getting counseling. There are quite a few programs there in Missouri dealing with this issue. She's not sure about the counseling part yet but I'm sure that's only because of her fear of going through the police report and trial, etc.

I appreciate all of your help so much. Your advice and comments really stirred me into action. For those that do pray, please keep her in your prayers. She is going to need lots of courage to get through this. I am so grateful there is a light at the end of the tunnel for her.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:25 am
You're a good woman and a great friend, Arella Mae. Peace be with you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:44 am
(((((Arella)))))

You are what I call a true friend and I am so glad she has you to help save her from this monster.

You're not just helping her, you're helping every victim this man has put his filthy hands on and that makes you an angel in my book.

Good luck and thanks for keeping us informed.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:02 am
Hi Everyone. Thought I would catch all of you up.

I got back from Missouri last night. What a week. She did it! She filed charges and he has been arrested (again). He had been arrested on charges of molesting his daughter and was out on bond.

There wasn't much I could do to actually help my friend except sit in the police station and wait for her. She, unfortunately, had to go through hours of interviews with several officers. There was one lady officer who was particularly helpful and we are so grateful for her. She was there with my friend during all interviews and it really helped her to get through it.

My friend is going to be coming back to spend a couple of weeks with me in July. She is in for a rather rough time in court, of course, unless he pleads guilty. We are praying that he will and will save everyone the trial.

I appreciate everyone's help so much. It seems my friend only needed that push of someone saying they'd report it themselves if she didn't. So Tico thanx for that advice!

For those that do pray, please keep my friend, K, in your prayers. She's a lot stronger than she knows but will appreciate the prayers!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:14 am
Well, that's a relatively happy ending to that story - considering the things that could've happened. Good job, AM. You doin' okay, other than that?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 08:36 am
Hey Arella, great news. I was wondering how things were going and I'm glad she found the courage to take a step up to the plate.
If it wasn't for you, she would have never taken this step to help herself and his other victims.

Thanks for keep us updated. You're an angel and I wish your friend the very best in her new life without abuse.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:37 am
Everyone should have a friend like you, Arella Mae. Good on you! And on your friend.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:51 pm
Good to hear, MA.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:30 pm
Geesh guys! Embarrassed I am only doing what I would want someone to do for me. If it wasn't for all of you I'm not sure that I would have actually told her if she didn't do something I would. So back at y'all!!!!

And Snood, other than that, doing wonderfully. We are remodeling our house here in Ruston. We moved back here in March after we sold the other property.

We now have two horses, which were given to us. A friend from the net in Texas couldn't afford to keep them anymore so we got them. A two year old and a three year old. Here is their pic. The paint is mine. Her name is Indy.

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i812097_IMG1189.JPG

The cats are doing great. Hubby is leaving in a few for a motorcycle trip with his nephew. So, doing great here!

How are you Snood? You didn't get deployed I take it? I pray that is so!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 05:54 am
Not deployed (knocking my wooden head) yet. Less than 3 years left in, so maybe I'll dodge the proverbial bullet. I did get stuck in a prophys slot, though (where you're sort of earmarked to go, if a certain line unit that they attach you to goes). The captain I work directly for is probably going to go within a year. He has a2 year old and a 4 month old at home, so I feel for him and his wife.

But life's pretty good. Gettin hiched the 7th of July (Same day as Tony Parker and Eva Longoria, but we picked the day first Laughing ), and tryin' not to let it freak me out too bad. Been on my own for a while, and fearin' loss of independence a little.

Sorry if that's TMI, but maybe I needed to chew on this stuff myself...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 08:17 am
AM, those horses are beautiful :-D Almost as beautiful as you Cool

Snood, congrats on your coming wedding and I wish you huge bunches of happiness :-D
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 11:05 pm
snood wrote:
Not deployed (knocking my wooden head) yet. Less than 3 years left in, so maybe I'll dodge the proverbial bullet. I did get stuck in a prophys slot, though (where you're sort of earmarked to go, if a certain line unit that they attach you to goes). The captain I work directly for is probably going to go within a year. He has a2 year old and a 4 month old at home, so I feel for him and his wife.

But life's pretty good. Gettin hiched the 7th of July (Same day as Tony Parker and Eva Longoria, but we picked the day first Laughing ), and tryin' not to let it freak me out too bad. Been on my own for a while, and fearin' loss of independence a little.

Sorry if that's TMI, but maybe I needed to chew on this stuff myself...

So glad to hear you haven't been deployed. I will keep you in my prayers on that.

Well congratulations! I pray for a wonderful happy life together!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 10:31 pm
Hey Arella-- I just saw this and realized I hadn't talked to you in so long! just wanted to say hi and see how things are with you and your friend...How is she doing?

And how is the kitty shelter doing-- how many do you have these days?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 12:55 pm
K is doing all right. She is on a roller coaster of emotions but has started counseling. HE was denied bail, thank God, so she feels a bit more at ease with him in jail.

The date for the trial has not been set as of yet, his lawer and the continuances! But she is going to be going to counseling 3 times a week so that should help her to be strong enough to get through it.

The cats are all doing fine. Right now I only have 23, which is a blessing. They are all healthy, happy, and running around these ten acres climbing trees and chasing lizards.

It's good to see you too Cyphercat!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 12:58 pm
I was just thinking about this Arella. Thanks for the update and am glad to hear all is well so far.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed.
0 Replies