Girl takes down elephant with 83-lb bow

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 05:37 am
You just gotta see this....

http://tinyurl.com/2wglrg

http://www.teamnatural.com/forums/uploads/monthly_06_2007/post-1124-1181183883.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,693 • Replies: 68
Topic Closed
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 05:41 am
Horrible.............Killing an innocent elephant for sport.
0 Replies

dadpad

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:04 am
Is she gonna eat it? I can understand hunting game for food.

No challenge with a compound anyhow. Let me know when its done with a longbow.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:10 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

The elephant herds in Africa positively have to be culled and thinned out at present, since the continent no longer has the open spaces for them to breed willy nilly, that's common knowledge. Meat is given to villagers; laws forbid it being brought back to the states.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:11 am
dadpad wrote:

Let me know when YOU can draw and shoot an 83-lb compound bow accurately....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:16 am
Gunga will not be happy until all of God's world has been ravaged and slaughtered. Everyone of God's delicately created wonders must be poisoned, shot, burned or crushed. Gunga will then smile as he sits upon the ashes and bones and waits for the Evil One to take him home.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/nuclear_mecca_3.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:18 am
The elephant (even dead) is far more beautiful than she is. Maybe the wrong beast was shot.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:20 am
gungasnake wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Let me know when YOU can draw and shoot an 83-lb compound bow accurately....

Actually, when I was in my 20's and 30's I could. I never had the urge to kill God's creatures, just targets. By the way, I can still lift 100 lb bags of cement and I'm pushing 50 - so what's the point?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:20 am
gungasnake wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

The elephant herds in Africa positively have to be culled and thinned out at present, since the continent no longer has the open spaces for them to breed willy nilly, that's common knowledge. Meat is given to villagers; laws forbid it being brought back to the states.

Maybe so, but IMO, there is something disgusting about a person standing over a poor dead animal, with a triumphant look on her face. If killing elephants are necessary, let it be done dispassionately.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:30 am
What was it Sam Johnson said about puritans.... oh, yeah, that puritans were against bear baiting not because it brought pain to the bear (which presumably worked towards the bears salvation) but because it brought pleasure to the spectators....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:43 am
She looks like she killed it for the trunk........ so she could make a strap on....
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 06:45 am
Revolting.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:35 am
You know, I actually did include a url for the story on archerytalk in that first post.

The girl shot the elephant from 12 yards with 40 other elephants standing around; if she'd done anything wrong or messed up in any way at all, she'd be dead; there'd not have been enough rifle backup in the world to do her any good.

Any of you losers ever work up the cajones for something like that, let me know.
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:36 am
Jeez, who'd want to?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
we will because you're obviously some kind of mutha fockin' he man..... you have the cajones to actually take a chance on breaking a nail by posting the picture.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:37 am
Quote:
Any of you losers ever work up the cajones for something like that, let me know.

gungasnake- Yeah, there is something really manly about shooting a helpless elephant. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:39 am
something pretty manly about that chick as well.... Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:48 am
gungasnake wrote:
You know, I actually did include a url for the story on archerytalk in that first post.

Yes, you did.

And it's singularly unauthoritative. It's just a message board, not an actual news story.

For all we know the photo could actually be a zoo worker posing with an elephant who had been tranquilized, and some schmo made up the rest.

I also didn't see anything to support your claim that there was some sort of elephant overpopulation and that's why the elephant was killed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:52 am
I also find it totally disgusting, however, it may be that the future of many species in Africa will be assisted by allowing people of that mentality to pay huge amounts of money to make themselves feel like they have some...whatever the hell they think killing for fun gives them....thus funding wild life retreats and making it economically inviting for local populations to practise conservation, rather than poach and destroy the last bits of wildlife habitat because they are starving.

Sadly, Girlzilla is likely a necessary evil in protecting the wildlife treasures of Africa.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:57 am
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7700606
0 Replies