"I could have gone to an upscale jail"

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:41 pm
I could have gone to an upscale jail: Hilton
Tuesday Jun 5 06:00 AEST

By ninemsn staff

Paris Hilton says she had the option of doing time at an expensive private jail, but instead chose to be imprisoned in a public facility.

"I did have a choice to go to a pay jail," the heiress told reporters on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet yesterday.

"But I declined because I feel like the media portrays me in a way that I'm not and that's why I wanted to go to county, to show that I can do it and I'm going to be treated like everyone else. I'm going to do the time, I'm going to do it the right way."

Although the 26-year-old's intentions may have been true, the latest reports from Los Angeles suggest she is still getting star treatment behind bars.

Hilton does not currently have a cell mate, and she will not be forced to mingle with the other prisoners at Lynwood Detention Centre.

She will be allowed outside her 12-foot-by-8-foot space for at least an hour each day, but will reportedly take showers and watch TV in private rooms.

Hilton's surrender to authorities yesterday to begin her sentence was also specially orchestrated by the LA County Sherriff's Department.

In a bid to help her avoid a massive crowd of paparazzi waiting for her at Lynwood, Paris was secretly checked in to begin her sentence at a men's prison.

After appearing on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet, the heiress went straight to her parents' house at 10:30 PM.

Accompanied by her mother Kathy, sister Nicky and her lawyer, Richard Hutton, Paris was then driven to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles, where she officially surrendered.

After the surrender switch-eroo, Paris was secretly taken to the all-female facility, where she is now serving her sentence.

Despite the special service, Hilton has been forced to lose a few luxuries.

As part of normal jail procedures, it has been confirmed her beloved hair extensions will be removed for the duration of her stay in prison.

No cell phones or BlackBerrys are permitted in the facility, even for visitors.

And no more gourmet food for the socialite. The Sherriff's Department confirmed that her first meal was a standard dish of cereal, juice and bread.

"During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes," Hilton said in a statement through her lawyer.

"This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions. In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isn't it nice to know that our system of justice is not tained by such things as social status and money, and that every person in that system is treated the same, no matter who they are?

Justice might be blind somewhere, but it sure isn't here in the great land of liberty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,632 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:54 pm
Quote:
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make."

WTF???
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:06 pm
Yeah, you're right, Stray Cat. What the hell does that even mean?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:27 pm
Maybe she's finally going to stand up to those voices in her head.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:12 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make."

WTF???

LOL! Well spotted!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 01:53 am
Aaaack.

I know what all that is about.
Remember, I don't by choice have a tv.

I understand all the Paris Hilton type dancing/LA Times.

Wake me up when she leaves...
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:16 pm
I do think the 1 hour out of your cell / day is a bit extreme.

Didn't Dahmer stay in a 12x8 cell and only get 1 hour outside each day?

I understand that it's for her protection, but still, it's gotta be worse than gen-pop.
0 Replies

maryYrica

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 08:38 am
why is Paris Hilton free?
I just heard on the radio that Paris Hiltons jail sentenced was reduced from 45 days, to 3 days. I am left wondering why. I am unable to understand why the court systems would so blatantly cater to upper class people like this. The fact of the matter is that she committed a crime, several times, and any other average American would have been scorned after the first time, she is not forced to comply with the judicial regulations that all of us have to. So the question is, who the hell decided this was ok. What makes someone having money and a sex tape immuned to the laws of our land? I am infuriated by this news. I am sick of rich girls being glorified for their lack of common sense and respect for themselves. These are the people that cover our magazines, that our youth is exposed to, and what kind of example are we setting for them?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 08:43 am
I agree Mary and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 04:07 pm
Yeah, it's pretty sickening. Frankly, I'm amazed she did even that much time, instead of getting the "x number of hours of community service" b.s. that celebs usually get.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 04:25 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if she set this all up (or her "people" did) so that she could get some more publicity for her new f*cking show.

Do you realize that her buddy Nicole is up on charges that could have her going to jail sometime in the next month or so as well?

Isn't that nice that these two can get to have such exciting "experiences" and actually make a profit (more publicity) from them!

That's what our American system of justice is all about. Getting rich f*ckers whatever they want.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 01:53 pm
HA! I just heard that the judge is about to put her butt back in jail!

She was taken into custody -- again -- this morning and brought to an LA courtroom -- where she apparently broke down in tears. Crying or Very sad

Maybe next time, instead of driving drunk, Paris and her buddies will try one of those new-fangled inventions called.....a cab.

Here's a pic of her crying, on her way to court.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2007/06/0608_paris_cuffs_vid_launch.jpg

Guess Daddy's money can't buy your way out of everything.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:10 pm
YES! I like the crying part. I imagine that the superbitch, after two days in jail, after expecting it to be just another day at the beach for her, probably started calling people and telling them, "Get me out! I don't care, how, just get me out!"

And it almost worked.

F---ing spoiled whore.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:55 pm
My favorite part is when they dragged her, crying, out of the courtroom, and she yelled, "MOM!!!" (Her mother was there, and apparently told the judge he was, "pathetic.")

These people truly can't see why the law should apply to them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:59 pm
Well, whatever she didn't learn from her parents, she's certainly going to learn now.

Most importantly, other celebs will learn something as well.

It's a start.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 06:03 pm
There are a bunch of odd mothers out there. Not to be judgemental.

I've given up my high horse and am just following the scenario. LA is my town, I've voted for Baca.
<Flails self for car-crash-watching.>

Me, I'm making bets with self on how many screenplay treatments are in the works, and figure the ones that get through will be legal dramas...
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 06:11 pm
Yeah, and she'll probably wind up doing all the talk shows. Confused
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 08:43 am
OH.. MY.. GOD..

i never knew someone could be such a, i cant even think of an appropriate word.The "mom" part was the best, is she serious?

this is one of the most hilarious things ive ever seen in the news regarding a celebrity.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:54 pm
I still don't understand why anybody cares about such an obvious waste of skin as most celebrities seem to be.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2007 01:06 pm
Re: "I could have gone to an upscale jail"
kickycan wrote:
I could have gone to an upscale jail: Hilton
Tuesday Jun 5 06:00 AEST

By ninemsn staff

Paris Hilton says she had the option of doing time at an expensive private jail,
but instead chose to be imprisoned in a public facility.

"I did have a choice to go to a pay jail,"
the heiress told reporters on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet yesterday.

"But I declined

This all resolves itself down to celebrities
( like Paris and Mel Gibson ) who r too stingy
to hire chauffers or even to take cabs.

BUNCH OF CHEAPSKATES.
0 Replies