"All we need is some attacks on American soil"

kuvasz

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:16 pm
Quote:
"All we need is some attacks on American soil"

Yeap, sounds like a homo-lovin,' hate America liberal, doesn't it?

Yet it isn't. They are actually the words of the new chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, who believes that terrorist attacks help the Republican Party's political agenda.

Imagine that? No wonder some people believe "LIHOP" was the attitude of the Busheviks in 2001.

Quote:
"He said he's "150 percent" behind Bush on the war in Iraq.
"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001 ], and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country," Milligan said.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/191942/

Never let it be said that the GOP doesn't feed off of the misery of their fellow countrymen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 759 • Replies: 5
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 01:37 am
This Milligan guy sounds like a piece of work. His command of grammar seems a bit shaky, and his rhetorical skills are poor. Still, that appeals to down home folks I believe.

It should be, "all we need are some attacks..."

The phrase "all we need..." is often used to ironically denote the very thing the speaker should mean that we definitely don't need at all!

(II say "should")

Consider the following...

Welding is dangerous near gasoline stored in cans. All we need is a stray spark, and blooey!

Electrical wiring is best done by professionals. All we need is one wire wrongly connected, and someone could get electrocuted.

Substitute "All it would take..." and you obtain a less inflammatory prediction of what it would require to "bring around" the "naysayers".

Saying "150%" means that his math grades weren't too good in school either.

What does LIHOP mean?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:19 am
contrex wrote:
This Milligan guy sounds like a piece of work. His command of grammar seems a bit shaky, and his rhetorical skills are poor. Still, that appeals to down home folks I believe.

It should be, "all we need are some attacks..."

The phrase "all we need..." is often used to ironically denote the very thing the speaker should mean that we definitely don't need at all!

(II say "should")

Consider the following...

Welding is dangerous near gasoline stored in cans. All we need is a stray spark, and blooey!

Electrical wiring is best done by professionals. All we need is one wire wrongly connected, and someone could get electrocuted.

Substitute "All it would take..." and you obtain a less inflammatory prediction of what it would require to "bring around" the "naysayers".

Saying "150%" means that his math grades weren't too good in school either.

What does LIHOP mean?

Let It Happen On Purpose.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:59 am
contrex wrote:

And are you saying you think that's how he meant it? It doesn't sound that way to me.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:37 am
Quote:
And are you saying you think that's how he meant it? It doesn't sound that way to me.

he'd probably say he didn't mean it that way, if he's called on it, but it's a possibility. Do you really think he means that it's OK if lots of people die if it stiffens the backbones of people who doubt the wisdom of the govt policy? Seriously?

I know he's an Arizona Republican Maybe he and his voters know full well that if "Al-Quaeda" actually did hit the USA, it's a dime-to-a-dollar they'll attack a coast city, probably on the eastern seaboard, and he and his audience probably would not mind that too much.

I mean Timothy McVeigh thought he was doing the right thing, and was folowing the American Way.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:43 am
LIHOP is the best explanation of Bush crew complicity in Sep. 11th attacks. It's the easiest solution, the one which involves the fewest people, and the one supported by actual evidence.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies