Why is it that only republicans are corrupt?

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:10 pm
So.. We've got one senator and one DA. That's it? How many indictments going on right now in the republican camp?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:19 am
littlek wrote:
So.. We've got one senator and one DA. That's it? How many indictments going on right now in the republican camp?

Is this from the dem talking points memo about how to respond?
Is the dem defense going to be that "more repubs then dems did it"?

I thought the dems promised to root out corruption,and to be the most ethical congress ever.

kuvasz said...

Quote:
Hell, mysterymeat, I don't want him just to resign, I want the man killed if found guilty; just as I did two of your heroes, Duke Cunningham and Bob Ney and other thieving politicians.

First off,learn my name or dont use it at all.
I dont disrespect you like that.

As to your comment,there are no politicians that are my heroes.
They are a neccessary evil in life,nothing more.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:53 am
mysteryman wrote:
littlek wrote:

Is the dem defense going to be that "more repubs then dems did it"?

I thought the dems promised to root out corruption,and to be the most ethical congress ever.

kuvasz said...

Quote:
Hell, mysterymeat, I don't want him just to resign, I want the man killed if found guilty; just as I did two of your heroes, Duke Cunningham and Bob Ney and other thieving politicians.

First off,learn my name or dont use it at all.
I dont disrespect you like that.

Try not to be such an ignorant and sanctimonious bumbling clown, mysterymeat and perhaps you might earn respect. But until then your only value around here is as an example to children on the dangers of interbreeding.

btw You don't even have to balls to say you were wrong for chastizing lefties for being silent about Jefferson. Only pussies act like that.

You earn respect, in the opposite manner you earn your rightly justified reprobation, by admitting your mistakes and following the paths to truth and not lying about it.

As to your comment,there are no politicians that are my heroes.
They are a neccessary evil in life,nothing more.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:01 am
Of course the real test of the proposition was SlicKKK. The rats knew SlicKKK had major kinds of psychiatric issues no later than 94 and were absolutely obligated to pack his sorry ass off to St. Elizabeths or some other place which could deal with him and hand the country over to Algor. That, i.e. the possibility of a president becoming or being found to be incapacitated, is what the vice president is there for. The rats as we know however, totally went to the wall to keep SlicKKK's sorry ass in the whitehouse for the entire 8 years, to the vast harm of the nation.

Edith Efron's article dealing with SlicKKK and his problems was published in 94:

http://www.reason.com/news/show/29549.html

Quote:

On June 7, 1993, after Bill Clinton had been in office five months, a very peculiar "media conference" was held at George Washington University and filmed for C-SPAN viewers. It was peculiar because of its theme and because it was thoroughly exasperating.

The theme was "The Politics of Illness in High Office." Among its participants were such journalistic eminences as Richard Harwood of The Washington Post, Marianne Means of King Features Syndicate, and Charles Bierbauer of CNN. These are smart and experienced people who under ordinary circumstances would not be dull either singly or collectively. But on this occasion, they all seemed to be wearing baskets on their heads.

Here's roughly how it went:

Q: Does the public have a right to know whether a president has physical illnesses, such as medical emergencies or chronic degenerative diseases?

A: Sure. The public does. The days of covering up the diseases of presidents such as FDR and JFK are over.

Q: How about mental illness, psychological or emotional disorders?

Q: Does the public have a right to know if a president suffers from a mental disorder?

A: Yes, but only if it affects his work as president......

As I see it, SlicKKK's presidency is reason sufficient to vote against the party responsible for it for the rest of one's life.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:47 am
mysteryman wrote:
littlek wrote:

Is the dem defense going to be that "more repubs then dems did it?"/quote]

Hasn't this defense worked perfectly for the repubs all these years? No matter what one of you brain dead "kill 'em all" cowboys have done to f**k up the USA and the world you can always trot out Bill Clinton's sexual escapades and the death of entire countries, the inability to rescue people from standing water, any damn thing at all, can be written off. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:48 am
your real name is mysteryman?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:17 am
BBB
The Democrat scumbag should go to prison if found guilty. In the meantime, he should announce his resignation so a replacement can be elected from his district.

I hate corrupt politicians regardless of their party.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 07:23 am
I agree BBB... wrong is wrong and that's that.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:35 pm
kuvasz wrote:
You earn respect, in the opposite manner you earn your rightly justified reprobation, by admitting your mistakes and following the paths to truth and not lying about it.
Really? So one couldn't, for instance, just post some interesting links in a friendly gesture, and avoid overt disclosure of foul? :wink:
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:51 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
kuvasz wrote:
Really? So one couldn't, for instance, just post some interesting links in a friendly gesture, and avoid overt disclosure of foul? :wink:

Billy apparently, you'll need to re-read the thread so you can understand; I did exactly that for mysteryman, who rather than actually reading the thread reflexively posted to it with his usual Mr. Magoo-like insight that no leftie was calling for Jefferson's resignation. A few hours earlier on the same thread I had just done so, and pointed out to him the time of that earlier post. He ignored it the same way my dog does when I try to explain quantum electrodynamics to her. She's a pretty smart dog, too.

Rather than displaying any simple cogitation typical to adult humans, the poor boy simply did what he ever does, mouth off with conservative talking points instead of beginning with clear, rational thoughts based upon an objective view of the topic. He has shot himself in his toes so often by misfired quickdraws of nonsense that he ought to called "Stumpy," not Mysteryman.

Actually, it is funny, in a Barney Fife kind of way in that if one of my political allies acted so bad and posted such thoughtless nonsense I'd take him aside and tell him either to shut the fu*k up or bone up on things because he was making the team look bad. So thanks be to the Good Lord he's on the other side.

Reading and responding to stuff from the Righties is akin to Slo-Mo skeet shooting; its just so god-awful hard to miss the target.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:02 pm
kuvasz wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
kuvasz wrote:

Billy apparently, you'll need to re-read the thread so you can understand; I did exactly that for mysteryman, who rather than actually reading the thread reflexively posted to it with his usual Mr. Magoo-like insight that no leftie was calling for Jefferson's resignation. A few hours earlier on the same thread I had just done so, and pointed out to him the time of that earlier post. He ignored it the same way my dog does when I try to explain quantum electrodynamics to her. She's a pretty smart dog, too.

Rather than displaying any simple cogitation typical to adult humans, the poor boy simply did what he ever does, mouth off with conservative talking points instead of beginning with clear, rational thoughts based upon an objective view of the topic. He has shot himself in his toes so often by misfired quickdraws of nonsense that he ought to called "Stumpy," not Mysteryman.

Actually, it is funny, in a Barney Fife kind of way in that if one of my political allies acted so bad and posted such thoughtless nonsense I'd take him aside and tell him either to shut the fu*k up or bone up on things because he was making the team look bad. So thanks be to the Good Lord he's on the other side.

Reading and responding to stuff from the Righties is akin to Slo-Mo skeet shooting; its just so god-awful hard to miss the target.

Actually,I didnt ignore your links at all.
But,I have to work for a living,so I didnt see your links till just now.
I just got home from work,so if you will be decent enough to allow me to take a shower first,I will respond to them.
Till then,you are free to imagine whatever you want.

However,I did find this today...

http://www.sunherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/69291.html

Quote:
Jefferson indicted; New Orleans recovery suffers more bad news
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW ORLEANS --The corruption indictment today against U.S. Rep. William Jefferson dealt another setback to a city struggling to recover from the economic and political devastation of Hurricane Katrina.

The investigation surrounding Jefferson had crippled his position as a champion for the city long before the 16-count indictment was handed down in Virginia

So now it seems that his being indicted will hurt New Orleans and its recovery efforts?
If he was that powerful,wouldnt NO already have ben rebuilt?

And apparently the biggest fear from this whole thing is this...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/04/AR2007060401664.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR

Since its a subscription site,here is the whole article...

Quote:
Democrats Fear a Wider Black Caucus-Pelosi Rift

By Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 5, 2007; Page A04

Democratic leaders fear that Rep. William J. Jefferson's indictment yesterday on racketeering and bribery charges, coming exactly one year after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi engineered his ouster from the powerful Ways and Means Committee, could rekindle a smoldering dispute between the speaker and black lawmakers who were once pillars of her power.

For months, the Louisiana Democrat's mounting legal peril has bedeviled Democrats as they sought first to point to corruption as a tool to oust Republicans from control of Congress, then pressed for ethics and lobbying changes that they said would usher in a new era of clean politics on Capitol Hill. For every thrust Democrats made against the GOP, Republicans parried with Jefferson, saying problems in Congress were bipartisan.

Through it all, much of the Congressional Black Caucus has stood by Jefferson and against the Democratic leadership. And yesterday, Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.), a veteran caucus member, said it would be "as supportive of our colleague as possible, in terms of saying a person in America is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty."

Pelosi would not say what actions she would take, but she called the charges "extremely serious" and, if true, "an egregious and unacceptable abuse of public trust and power."

"Democrats are committed to upholding a high ethical standard and eliminating corruption and unethical behavior from the Congress," she said.

The Democratic steering committee, which sets committee assignments, will convene this week to consider whether to remove Jefferson from his last committee post: a seat on the Small Business Committee, a relative backwater of power. Senior House Democratic leadership aides said he almost certainly would be dropped. Some leadership aides suggested emissaries could be dispatched within days to ask for Jefferson's resignation from the House.

"I can't imagine that based on what's happened and what we've done [on ethics rules changes and lobbying legislation] that at the very least, he'll be asked to step down from committee," said House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel (Ill.), who stressed that he was not speaking for the leadership. "We've set down a pretty clear marker about what's going to be expected."

Last year, Republicans faced a predicament as two indicted members, Reps. Tom DeLay (Texas) and Robert W. Ney (Ohio), held on for months against calls for their resignation. Now the tables have turned, with House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) moving as soon as today to seek an ethics committee review of Jefferson's indictment, with instructions to report back within 30 days on whether he should be expelled. The resolution would also force a vote to strip Jefferson of his last committee seat.

Democratic leaders scrambled last night to stay ahead of Boehner, seeking assurances from the ethics panel that an investigation of Jefferson that was authorized last year is well underway. Some Democrats made it clear they did not intend to let Republicans drive the process.

"For the good of the people of Louisiana's 2nd District, who have been through so much, we hope this matter is quickly resolved," said Rep. Chris Van Hollen (Md.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Senior leadership aides cautioned that a quick resignation under pressure could set a dangerous precedent, suggesting that a politicized Justice Department could target troublesome lawmakers with specious indictments. Jefferson spokeswoman Remi Braden-Cooper said that neither the congressman nor his staff had been contacted by the speaker's office.

But other Democratic aides said there was nothing specious about a 16-count indictment, complete with the lurid details of $90,000 in cash bundled in Jefferson's freezer. For Democrats, the vision of Jefferson moving about the Capitol for months would be a nightmare as they push to complete final ethics and lobbying changes.

With lawmakers just beginning to return to Washington from a week-long break, it was not clear last night whether Jefferson's indictment would unite Democrats against the nine-term House member, or whether it would reignite tensions between the black Caucus and Pelosi. She made a "culture of corruption" a central attack line in last year's campaign against Republicans.

A serious rupture with the black caucus would divide Democrats at a time when unity is needed to confront Republicans on the war in Iraq and as they face off with President Bush on domestic spending. Despite Davis's initial statement of support, many prominent black lawmakers remained silent. A spokesman for Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said she would not discuss Jefferson's case.

But last June, many members of the caucus were incensed when the Democratic Caucus voted to remove Jefferson from the Ways and Means Committee, where he had a hand in tax, trade and health-care policy. Federal investigators were closing in on Jefferson, with guilty pleas from his business associates and word of cash found bundled in his freezer.

The black caucus accused Pelosi of a racially tinged double standard. As she was moving against Jefferson, she allowed Rep. Alan B. Mollohan (D-W.Va.), who is white, to remain on the Appropriations Committee despite dealing with his own federal investigation. Mollohan, now chairman of the Appropriations subcommittee that funds the departments of Commerce and Justice, did recuse himself in issues involving federal law enforcement.

So,the dems biggest fear is that this will upset the CBC?
That doesnt say much for them,IMHO.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:33 am
This is interesting...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_on_go_co/congressman_probe;_ylt=Aj2_gL.cIoCyRwJJep_aqJ.s0NUE

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The House ordered a speedy internal investigation that could oust indicted Rep. William J. Jefferson from Congress before his bribery trial.

Mindful of anti-corruption sentiment among voters last November, the House passed two resolutions Tuesday that require the ethics committee to investigate charges more quickly than in the past.

Jefferson, meanwhile, resigned his seat on the Small Business Committee in response to his indictment on federal charges of taking more than $500,000 in bribes. Democrats already had moved to take that seat from him. Jefferson admitted no wrongdoing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:17 pm
Jefferson may have actually broken the all-time record for corruption:

http://tinyurl.com/2q97v7

Normally the only concern demoKKKrats would have would be how the thing plays with their wholly-owned voting block(s). In this particular case, the embarassment and the reaction from other elements they are concerned with might be too great to allow for that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:28 pm
gungasnake wrote:

Normally the only concern demoKKKrats would have would be how the thing plays with their wholly-owned voting block(s). In this particular case, the embarassment and the reaction from other elements they are concerned with might be too great to allow for that.
Yeah how true gunga now what was it Tom Delay was guilty of?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:51 pm
dyslexia wrote:

Being a republican mainly, and attempting to advance the fortunes of the republican party via legal means. I mean, it's not as if the guy were selling H-bomb secrets to the chicoms for RNC cash or porking fat/ugly teenage interns in his office during working hours or anything like that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:54 pm
gungasnake wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Being a republican mainly, and attempting to advance the fortunes of the republican party via legal means. I mean, it's not as if the guy were selling H-bomb secrets to the chicoms for RNC cash or porking fat/ugly teenage interns in his office during working hours or anything like that.
Yes of course, just politics. are you completely brain dead or just pretending?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:10 pm
gungasnake wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Who was porking fat/ugly teenage interns in his office during working hours?

Are you on crack?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 10:45 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

Who was porking fat/ugly teenage interns in his office during working hours?

Are you on crack?

SlicKKK was....

First time I ever saw a picture of Monica Lewinsky, I was almost in a state of shock. I mean, picture the European heads of state standing there with their actresses and super models looking at a picture of the leader of what's supposed to be the most powerful nation since Chengis Khan, standing there with a little pig like that. I mean, they must have laughed themselves silly.

I mean, Monica Lewinski is the sort of thing I'd anticipate seeing on the centerfold of some livestock journal.

It may in fact actually be that democrats and liberals can't tell the difference. If that's the case, then you might could devise a simple test for weeding out democrats and liberals in a manner similar to that in which they used to tell Japanese from Chinese during WW-II by having them try to pronounce something like 'lallapolooza' with a lot of 'l's in it, i.e. show the job applicant or whatever two pictures, e.g.:

Test:

One of the pictures below is of a super-model, the other of a pig:

Which is which?

A.

http://www.isrealli.org/wp-content/uploads/refaeli.jpg

B.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Monica_lewinsky.jpg

If somebody guesses wrong, or if they honestly can't tell the difference, then
they are probably a democrat and a liberal, and can be weeded out from whatever you're
testing for.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 10:48 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

They say that lesbians hate men.
Why would a lesbian hate a man?
They don't have to f*** them! - Roseanne

People earn money doing all kinds of things they don't HAVE to do.....
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:14 am
dyslexia wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

Since there has been no trial and no conviction,he isnt guilty of anything.
0 Replies