Why is it that only republicans are corrupt?

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 12:38 pm
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic Rep. William Jefferson (news, bio, voting record) was indicted on Monday on 16 counts that accuse him of soliciting bribes and paying off a Nigerian official, a U.S. Justice Department official said.
The official said the counts charge Jefferson with racketeering, soliciting bribes, fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, conspiracy and violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

Must be the MSM forgot their rule about always avoiding negative stories about dems.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,608 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Winthorpe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 02:30 pm
Let's not jump to conclusions here, nothing has been proven yet. Don't tell me you don't keep at least $90,000 in your freezer?

Corruption and stupidity affect people of all political persuasions.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:21 pm
Winthorpe wrote:
Let's not jump to conclusions here, nothing has been proven yet. Don't tell me you don't keep at least $90,000 in your freezer?

Corruption and stupidity affect people of all political persuasions.

Brings new meaning to the term "cold, hard cash" doesn't it?

Jefferson ought to resign, and if convicted should be executed in public as an Enemy of the State.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:47 pm
actually I was thinking Jefferson should resign from the Dem party and join the repubs, he could earn millions instead of thousands. he could probably get Delay's seat.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:58 pm
dyslexia wrote:
actually I was thinking Jefferson should resign from the Dem party and join the repubs, he could earn millions instead of thousands. he could probably get Delay's seat.

As of now, a Democrat has DeLay's seat. It ain't his no more. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 04:05 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

As of now, a Democrat has DeLay's seat. It ain't his no more. Very Happy

Damn, the dems just ain't got the skills to replace DeLay, they're like teenagers when it comes to corruption.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:09 pm
Is Jefferson going to resign?

I recall the dems demanding that DeLay resign once he was indicted (and he did the right thing and resigned).

Now,are the dems going to demand that Jefferson resign,or are they going to rally around him and say that he doesnt have to resign?

If they dont demand his resignation,or at least remove him from ALL of his committee's,then they will be guilty of a serious double standard.

Are any of the left on here going to defend that action by the dems?

Somehow,I think they will.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:10 pm
mysteryman wrote:

I recall the dems demanding that DeLay resign once he was indicted (and he did the right thing and resigned).

Now,are the dems going to demand that Jefferson resign,or are they going to rally around him and say that he doesnt have to resign?

If they dont demand his resignation,or at least remove him from ALL of his committee's,then they will be guilty of a serious double standard.

Not this leftist. Not the online Left - they've been calling for him to resign for over a year now.

Not that facts like that will keep those such as yourself from slandering us...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:15 pm
What about the left that just re-elected his corrupt ass? Surely you count them amongst your peers, or are they just ignorant southeners to you?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:19 pm
McGentrix wrote:
What about the left that just re-elected his corrupt ass? Surely you count them amongst your peers, or are they just ignorant southeners to you?

Oh, ignorant southerners.

What is it you want me to say? It's Louisiana. They (the voters) don't care about corruption down there the way that other places do...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:28 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Not this leftist. Not the online Left - they've been calling for him to resign for over a year now.

Cycloptichorn

I dont doubt your word,but please show anyplace where you called for his resignation
Show us anyplace where the left on here called for his resignation.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:37 pm
Fair enough

http://www.able2know.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=2324470

Here's a great one

http://www.able2know.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=2296704

Quote:

As for Jefferson, f*ck that guy. I hope he goes to jail for a long time with a bunch of Mark Foleys.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:52 pm
I seem to recall the crook getting a standing O by his peers recently. I think there may exist, rattling around in my dome someplace, a fragmented image of Hillary being among the standing O'ers. Must be a closet Republican.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:26 pm
mysteryman wrote:

The answer to that is obvious from recent history. That's why the choice between the two parties is so easy despite any of the problems one might have with the republicans.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 07:15 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I dont doubt your word,but please show anyplace where you called for his resignation
Show us anyplace where the left on here called for his resignation.

Ate another big bowl of stupid for breakfast today?

At 4:21PM today......
kuvasz wrote:
Brings new meaning to the term "cold, hard cash" doesn't it?

Jefferson ought to resign, and if convicted should be executed in public as an Enemy of the State.

Hell, mysterymeat, I don't want him just to resign, I want the man killed if found guilty; just as I did two of your heroes, Duke Cunningham and Bob Ney and other thieving politicians.

Public trust is the only thing sacred in a secular society. Betraying that trust for money is like buggering your mother for a cheap thrill. It just ain't done and if it is and your caught doing it, you should be declared an "Enemy of the State" and killed publicly.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:27 pm
Shocked I'll be damned. I agree with Kuvasz.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:21 pm
It's so obvious Jefferson will lose his job and most likely be imprisoned, why make a big issue calling for something that's a foregone conclusion.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:29 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Shocked I'll be damned. I agree with Kuvasz.

Come into the Light, dear Bill. I'll make a mensch out of you yet.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Hey McG :-) Haven't seen you in a while. How's it goin?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 09:57 pm
McGentrix wrote:

What about the left that re-elected Mike Nifong to DA of Durham last November when the basic realities of the Duke "rape(TM)" case were well known? Is it that hard to comprehend that these losers don't care??
0 Replies