My girlfriend is Leaving Me

Quincy

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:22 pm
She says I am too weird for this century. The last thing she told me "Atleast your a good kisser, gawd, imagine if you were weird and you couldn't kiss..."
I know that was meant to be comforting, but it wasn't.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 767 • Replies: 10
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:32 pm
She sounds a little immature. Is that really what you want in a girlfriend?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:50 pm
Re: My girlfriend is Leaving Me
Quincy wrote:
She says I am too weird for this century. The last thing she told me "Atleast your a good kisser, gawd, imagine if you were weird and you couldn't kiss..."

too weird for this century?
What does that mean?
In which century do you belong? 1800s? 1900s? 2100s?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 04:00 pm
Re: My girlfriend is Leaving Me
Quincy wrote:

Clearly, she is just too young for this man. Very young people are typically very concerned about being "average" and not standing out in any particular way that might be embarrassing...but as you get older, people stop giving a **** if you're weird, and are just happy that you are unique and interesting. She sounds like a real immature bitch -- good riddance to her! I know that doesn't alleviate the hurt of rejection, but there are better ones out there.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 05:00 pm
Quincy--

At first you were exotic and desirable. Now you're "weird"--perhaps because your world has more complexity than she chooses to understand--or perhaps more complexity than she is able to understand.

Physically, she can relate to you. Mentally? Socially? You could live with her limits, but she can't live with your spacious mental field.

Life is full of detours.

Painful detours.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 05:30 pm
Sorry Quincy.

That's a tough way to learn just how bad some people can be at break-ups. She couldn't muster up to tell you the truth, so she insulted you.

You're smart to recognize that it is her lack of grace and not yours.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 05:39 pm
Sorry Quincy! That really sucks!

I'm weird too and I know a load of great people who are even weirder than me, so I tend to like weird Cool
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:03 am
Being weird is good, it makes you different.

She sounds stupid. Why would you say that to someone? Why would she even want to kiss you if she thought you were weird?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 08:23 am
YOUR JUST A FREAK. DEAL WITH IT.

just kidding, how can anything be "weird" in this century? not being weird today is whats wierd! maybe she has some weird phobia that she herself is weird.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 02:05 pm
Why thank-you everyone for your kind responses (except OGIONIK!).
She's actually 10 months older than me, I guess age has nothing to do with maturity. Maybe (big maybe) I was just infatuated...can one tell when ones infatuated?
That sees the end of an 8 month relationship, might not sound like much, but it's the longest relationship I've been in by far!
Anyway, it's not the end of the world...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:06 pm
I'm sorry this is happening Quincy. But you know, in life you go through such things -- I figure it just means a better relationship is out there and now you're free to pursue it.
0 Replies