Do you want a christmas avatar?

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 01:30 pm
Okay, this has probably been addressed, but mine is a bitmap, and I can't seem to figure out how to upload it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 01:40 pm
heeheeheeheehehhhhhh!!!!!!!!
They be cute! Love Poss!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 02:02 pm
cav, the xmas avatar on p. 5 is a .gif file, not a bitmap. Or are you looking at a different one?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 03:21 pm
Yes, I'd love one, Craven. (If I'm not too latr & you're not too busy.)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 05:47 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Okay, this has probably been addressed, but mine is a bitmap, and I can't seem to figure out how to upload it.

Cav, sounds like your browser is not letting you save the image file in the gif format and is converting it to bmp when you download it.

To overcome this, follow method #2 for retrieving the avatar file from a URL in my instructions earlier in this thread.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 06:02 pm
Hmm...you are right there, b-net. I'll try again after dinner. That's exactly what happened.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 06:08 pm
I think Pacco needs something green....

but I am worried about not being able to reload the Pacco picture later. Oh, well, if that happens he'll be ready for St. Patrick's Day.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 06:15 pm
I've never had an avatar. If I did, when I was so poor as a kid, we probably ate it. It was a two mile hike to school and back. Uphill in both directions. And we were barefoot.
Maybe this year I'll find an avatar in my stocking.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 06:18 pm
Osso, check out my instructions earlier in the thread for preserving the old avatar before you replace it with the holiday one.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 07:58 pm
hey osso - hope you like.
http://members.aol.com/mrsscifi84/osso.jpg

RealohnBoy - Merry Christmas - you can't eat this avatar :-)
http://members.aol.com/mrsscifi84/realj.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 07:59 pm
Cute!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:09 pm
Thanks, butryfly, I will.

Onyx, that is too darling, my boy will be very happy with his big bow. He's barking right now!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 08:21 pm
So, you guys, could you give us a tutorial on doing this ourselves? (thinking of holiday cards here, and even if it is okay - is it? - to use in cards, I want the image to go out to the Greater Holiday List to be a little more, ah, spare. (Don't feel bad, Onyx, I will happily use this one here.) But say I wanted to give Pacco a green bowtie, what do I do?

And, butryflynet, was your post on avatar-ing recent or last year? I have riffled through this year and don't see it....
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:17 pm
osso, you want a larger immage of you pooch...w/ green bowtie for your cards... no hard feelings mah dear - glad to assist.

first, do you have an editing program - even paintbrush will get you through if you use it right. I've done some amazing stuff with that cheeky proggie. anywayz....take your original photo of pacco and find a picture of a bowtie. if it's got a transparent background...great. if it doesn't, erase the background and move it into place on pacco.

i am in love with psp...but others may know of even more userfriendly programs that you can use to do this. if you can't find one or need more help or get frustrated, i'm happy to do it for you..but if you're anything like my non a2k friends they'd much rather have me show than do :-).

fealola: i hope this lights you up:
http://members.aol.com/mrsscifi84/fea.jpg
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:24 pm
cool, now what do I do with it? Or do you do something to make it mine?

(Making dinner so not reading the whole thread right now)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:32 pm
I found butryflynet's how-to on saving your present avatar if you want to and posting the new one a couple of pages back. On my screen it was on page six.

Onyxelle, I have never checked out paintbrush, not sure I have it. Will nose around.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:36 pm
if you've got anything other than a mac, you've got it. it's in Start/Programs/Accessories/Paintbrush

fealola - you can save it to your hard drive and upload it on the profile page OR you can link it via img url from my space on the web. just right click on it , select properties, copy the url and paste in the 'url' box for avatars on your profile.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:37 pm
How to post your new holiday avatar into your A2Kprofile

It's on page 6.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:40 pm
I have a mac and I do have paintbrush. Now for the directions...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:42 pm
There it is!!
0 Replies