Do you want a christmas avatar?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:52 pm
All right, I got out my AppleWorks book. See you next week...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:17 pm
Oooohh Paco, what a sweet Christmas doggie! I love it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:43 pm
I showed it to my business partner, who remained speechless in disapproval today. Frown. Not that she doesn't do Christmas, but that, y'know, we tend toward the Very Tasteful. Heh, heh. I am loving it more and more. I am going to learn the Paintbrush technique just to know it, but I think the avatar is my card. I mean, that bow is ridiculously fulsome, almost a rainhat. And I never never have liked the short cut X mas. But somehow, I like the package as very playful.

This all brings up the pros and cons of decorating dogs and cats, and do we like or hate Wegman's photography with Weimaraners. I like it, but I don't like all doggy dress up stuff, as animals do have dignity. Pacco, for example is the very manifestation of Dignity. Usually.

Next year, I'll give him a nice top hat with a sprig of mistletoe to make up for having to wear the bow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:48 pm
It's the juxtaposition -- Dignity Incarnate Wearing a Big Silly Bow -- that makes it work.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 08:19 am
Butterfly and onyxelle, I love both of yours, but I cannot upload either one of them. It says the file sizes are too large. What do I do?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2003 11:48 pm
eva - this one should only be 3k.. also, i realized you were only wearing 1 earring..fixed that.

http://members.aol.com/mrsscifi84/eva.jpg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 03:59 am
Here's a smaller one for you, sorry about that.

http://hometown.aol.com/butrflynet002/images/eva2.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:24 pm
Thanks to both of you! Since I just finished a big Christmas event and I still have parties on my mind, I'm going to start with Onyxelle's party clothes, then change to Butrflynet's card when it gets closer to Christmas. Thanks again for all your work...I feel all dressed up now!

{{{{{SMOOCHES!}}}}}
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 12:27 pm
I like to put clothes on after a party too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:12 pm
Cruella de Kere must be Australian.
<shakes head>
all this talk of nekkidness on the 3rd advent
<shakes head>
<thud>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:32 pm
LOL, Craven!

I can just imagine myself coordinating the event, running up & down the sidewalks with walkie-talkies...naked! Thanks! That sorta put all of it into perspective. Warped perspective, but still....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 09:47 pm
Butrflynet and Onyxelle, you are wonderful!! These are so much fun and add a festive feel to a2k, whether we celebrate or not.

Osso, bah humbug to your business partmer. Pacco is adorable in any situation. Proper can be so boring and stultifying, she needs to loosen up and take a lesson from Pacco. And Osso.

Here Bethie, let me help you up. I think craven just streaked by--it's safe to come out now.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 12:13 am
Eva wrote:
I can just imagine myself coordinating the event, running up & down the sidewalks with walkie-talkies...naked!

So can I. Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 10:34 am
ossobuco wrote:
Pacco, for example is the very manifestation of Dignity. Usually.

Next year, I'll give him a nice top hat with a sprig of mistletoe to make up for having to wear the bow.

Haha. Ossobuco, I was taken aback when I first saw that brilliant green, X & etc. but quickly saw its true genius. It does make Pacco look a little bit prissy. Girlie, really, I'll admit, but because it is so ~Out-There~!~~ it works. Very festive!

I'd like to "Don Me Now My Gay Apparel" too. It's still a few days 'til Christmas Day and this is the Weekend of the Solstice.

I have this... <dragging an old frock out of the closet & shaking it>....

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgAAABcUQaVCnHnasMntHxg1zQ4dJx4krTMItei2muBLOseI5hhxAdd1eZp0C9ObcoTIOKZI8QWRDGLi4mCuUUdcf4R7muxb2Yl*VhX1eXM/piffka.jpg?dc=4675452105357428691

A thin red line of ribbon to her hair or some sparkles... or is she OK as is?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 11:58 am
I like it as it is. Less is more. A motto I will remember next year.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 11:06 am
God Bless Colorbook!!! She helped me to load my avatar!!! She will be truly blessed this Christmas! Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:58 am
sozobe wrote:
Cute!!

I saw the commercial lastnight on the TV - with Rosie the riveter
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 11:13 am
btw the way the Christmas avatars were fun...thanks!!!!!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:36 am
Bumping this up to the surface for the year. The avatars that are still visibile (without a red X) start around page 11 and go to the end.

If anyone wants an avatar made for them, let me know and I'll give it a whack again this year.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:42 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
ah, a puffin's just a penguin wanna be, anyway . . .

Aren't.

Puffins can FLY!!!

http://www.richardbedford.co.uk/farnesguide-18.jpg

kinda....

http://www.richardbedford.co.uk/farnesguide-12.jpg
0 Replies