Israel was behind 1976 hijacking to Entebbe

blueflame1

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 08:59 am
Amazing. Even the Jerusalem Post chose to carry this story. "'Shin Bet involved in 1976 hijacking'
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF" link
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 10:50 am
The JP piece is a mere recital of the bogus (I think) document released by the Brits. Note that Peres says that the charge is baseless and outrageous.

Zip, many in the ME said that the Mosad was behind 9/11. Were you one who supported that view?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 11:10 am
Advocate wrote:

Zip, many in the ME said that the Mosad was behind 9/11. Were you one who supported that view?

Well, the only reason why i would believe it could have been a possibility, is because the US media (fox news) had brushed of their investigative report. It was only transmitted once. There has never been any further investigations. Don't you find this suspicious?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 11:21 am
The report states that there is no evidence that Israel had a hand in 9/11. It does discuss alleged intelligence gathering in the US by Israel. I have no doubt that this goes on. Had there been something similar in Argentina a number of years ago, perhaps Israel could have prevented Hezbollah from blowing up the Argentinian Jewish Community Center and Israeli embassy. With so many Arabs in the USA, Israel evidently feels that it must be vigilant in the USA.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 11:33 am
Advocate wrote:
The report states that there is no evidence that Israel had a hand in 9/11.

Exactly, one cannot find evidence, without having further investigations.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 11:44 am
Advocate, the Jerusalem Post article is what you say. It's still shocking to read their headline, 'Shin Bet involved in 1976 hijacking'. Peres is hardly a man whose word or judgement can be taken as gospel truth. The headline imo is shocking.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:01 pm
Zippo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You're the only one whining about the holocaust. The fact of the matter is, you've got hearsay evidence at third hand, and it is only reasonable for people to reserve judgment if you don't come up with anything better than that.

I'm going by the Foreign Office report by a diplomat lead.

That does not alter the fact that this is a report of what the diplomat claimed someone else claimed that someone else said. That is still hearsay at third hand.

Quote:
You're going by the Israel can do no wrong lead.

No, i'm not. In the first place, i didn't say it is untrue, just that there's no reason to believe it when the only basis is hearsay at third hand. As for claiming that i say that Israel can do no wrong, that is hilarious, and it proves that you don't know anything about the history of what i post in these fora regarding Israel. According to the rightwingnuts, and even some people on the left, such as Advocate, my point of view is that Israel can do no right.

When both sides accuse you of having a prejudicial view, and their claims are based upon unfounded accusations which are diametrically opposed, it constitutes good circumstantial evidence that you're striking a nerve with people who rely upon their own prejudices rather than facts, and that you is likely nearing the truth.

Quote:
Considering that the Britz are pro-Israel, i doubt they're lying about this information.

Basically they have no reason to lie.

I haven't said they are lying. I have no doubt that they are sincere in stating that one of their diplomatic staff reported that someone else told him that someone else said something. I don't think they're lying, i'm just pointing out that all they are providing is hearsay evidence at third hand.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:45 pm
At that time, the British government did not only rely on an unknown source. They debated this issue.

Quote:
The documents also reveal that the British government debated whether or not to praise the Israeli raid after its completion.

Quote:
It was decided in the days after the raid that it was not clear whether the Israeli offensive was justified under international law.

Quote:
One document in the file reads: "The Israelis have been critical of the fact that the prime minister did not send a personal message of congratulations to Mr Rabin and that our public statement fell short of endorsement of the Israeli action at Entebbe."

Are you suggesting that the British prime minister did not send a personal message solely based on information from an unknown source, without doing their own investigations? He would be a foolish prime minister.

Quote:
The file also contains correspondence from UK citizens to the government expressing concern that the government had not expressed support for the Israelis

Further proof

Quote:
One letter reads: "I am writing to find out our policy towards terrorism. I find it deplorable that there was not a statement made congratulating Israel on the successful rescue."

Further proof from the Israeli's?

The British got to this stage, based solely from information made by an unknown source? Rolling Eyes

All quotes form the BBC

Common sense?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:54 pm
Zippo wrote:
At that time, the British government did not only rely on an unknown source.

Quote:
It was decided in the days after the raid that it was not clear whether the Israeli offensive was justified under international law.

Quote:
One document in the file reads: "The Israelis have been critical of the fact that the prime minister did not send a personal message of congratulations to Mr Rabin and that our public statement fell short of endorsement of the Israeli action at Entebbe."

Are you suggesting that the British prime minister did not send a personal message solely based on information from an unknown source, without doing their own futher investigations? He would be a foolish prime minister.

No, of course i'm not suggesting anything of the kind--and because you haven't provided any evidence for the claim that the Brits had other evidence of an Isreali sham hijacking. Note the source you provide here yourself: " . . . it was not clear whether the Israeli offensive was justified under international law." The simplest explanation, therefore, for why James Callaghan did not send a message of congratulations would be that he was concerned that the action on the part of the Israelis was possibly illegal in international law, and he wanted to distance himself from that. It is also worth noting that Callaghan had been Prime Minister for less than three months at that time, and would have been anxious not to take a false step, nor to take a controversial position without careful consideration.

[quote][quote]The file also contains correspondence from UK citizens to the government expressing concern that the government had not expressed support for the Israelis[/quote]

Further proof

[quote]One letter reads: "I am writing to find out our policy towards terrorism. I find it deplorable that there was not a statement made congratulating Israel on the successful rescue." [/quote]

Further proof from the Israeli's?

The British got to this stage, based solely from information made by an unknown source? Rolling Eyes

All quotes form the BBC

Common sense?[/quote]

You can roll your eyes to your heart's content. There is absolutely no support in those criticisms of Callaghan's government by letter writers, nor in the BBC piece you linked, that any criticism derived from a claim that the hijacking and the rescue mission were a put-up job.

You're really shitty at this kind of thing. You haven't provided a shred of evidence for your claim about a fake hijacking, and in fact, your first quote shows that the principle concern of Callaghan's government was that the Israeli raid on Entebbe was illegal in international law.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 03:59 pm
I'll put it for you in simple terms--terms even conspiracy freaks can understand.

The failure on the part of James Callaghan to congratulate the Israelis on the Entebbe raid does not serve to prove that Callaghan's government thought the hijacking was faked.

Letters to Callaghan from irate citizens complaining that he did not congratulate the Israelis does not serve to prove that Callaghan's government thought the hijacking was faked.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 04:11 pm
You're reading the article out of context. I've posted the relevant section as it was posted on the BBC. Keep reading it over and over...

Quote:
In the document, written on 30 June 1976 when the crisis was still unresolved, DH Colvin of the Paris Embassy writes of his source: "According to his information, the hijack was the work of the PFLP, with help from the Israeli Secret Service, the Shin Beit.

"The operation was designed to torpedo the PLO's standing in France and to prevent what they see as a growing rapprochement between the PLO and the Americans."

The hostages were held at Entebbe Airport

He adds: "My contact said the PFLP had attracted all sorts of wild elements, some of whom had been planted by the Israelis."

The documents also reveal that the British government debated whether or not to praise the Israeli raid after its completion.

I'll simplify it for you.

The document came first . ("written on 30 June 1976 when the crisis was still unresolved")

Then the "British government debated whether or not to praise the Israeli raid after its completion."
0 Replies