Miss Universe

rabel22

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:13 am
Many posters charge those of us who don't agree with the present immigration policy and the new law the congress and president are trying too pass as racist. I was wondering if they feel that it was alright for the mexican crowd at the so called pageant to boo the U.S. beauty entrant because she is a white U.S.citizen. Are they also racist. It should be interesting to see what comments come from the usual posters if any.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,432 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:16 am
What does Miss Universe have to do with illegal immigration?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:20 am
She fell over, poor darlin that must have been really embarrassing.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:23 am
Illegal immigration, nothing but racism much.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:03 pm
rabel22 wrote:

How?

They are ILLEGALLY trying to live here and suck our resources...resources that legal citizens pay for and deserve.

Anyone who wants to live her legally is more than welcome.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:25 pm
People often boo the US at international events because they oppose the war. This is unfortunate and inappropriate, but it has nothing to do with racism or immigration.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:26 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

How?

They are ILLEGALLY trying to live here and suck our resources...resources that legal citizens pay for and deserve.

Wanna fight Bella?

((Your first post was appropriate, but then you had to post the same silly anti-"illegal" immigrant tripe with capital letters and all.))
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:30 pm
racism? xenophobia, maybe. but not racism. they booed her (i presume) because she was american, not because she was white.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:40 pm
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:46 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

How?

Wanna fight Bella?

((Your first post was appropriate, but then you had to post the same silly anti-"illegal" immigrant tripe with capital letters and all.))

Well, it's true. What isn't true about what I stated?
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:51 pm
I'd say there's something racist (or maybe speciesist) when we presume to set the standard of beauty for the entire universe. Miss Solar System perhaps, because we probably don't have any competition here, but Miss Universe? I mean, come on.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:53 pm
Actually, beauty is universal. There are certain things that all people find beautiful that have nothing to do with skin color.

Facial symmetry for example.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:54 pm
ha, in the competiion itself, got it. NOT in the mexican's booing.

i find it odd. when they stand there in swimsuits it vividly reminds me of horse markets, where they parade horses for sale. personally i don't care if it goes on or not, they are there voluntarily, i just don't understand what lures people to watching miss universe and similar pageants.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:55 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
ha, in the competiion itself, got it. NOT in the mexican's booing.

i find it odd. when they stand there in swimsuits it vividly reminds me of horse markets, where they parade horses for sale. personally i don't care if it goes on or not, they are there voluntarily, i just don't understand what lures people to watching miss universe and similar pageants.

It's like a train wreck. We know we shouldn't look and yet, we have to...

I didn't watch it either but I respect the right of those women to be able to parade around in bathing suits like $2 steaks.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:58 pm
The key word in your reply to my post, bella, is "people". There's no guarantee that a squid, for example, would find human facial symmetry beautiful or even attractive.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

username wrote:
The key word in your reply to my post, bella, is "people". There's no guarantee that a squid, for example, would find human facial symmetry beautiful or even attractive.

Well, uh...how do you know? Have you spoken to a squid recently?
0 Replies

username

Let alone what some being on Betelgeuse XII would find appealing.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:59 pm
hm. i'd rather watch a train wreck i think. miss universe is genuinely boring to me. but sure, i don't care if they keep parading if it pleases them.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:59 pm
No. Has anyone bothered to poll them? Did Donald Trump check with chimpanzees before he set it up? Typical Trump overreaching.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 01:03 pm
I'd say he's liable for a hefty truth-in-advertising lawsuit.
0 Replies