Best actor ever

eoe

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:38 pm
Shocked
Is that really true? Eddie used cgi to create his characters?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:43 pm
Not altogether if you reread what I stated. There was extremely talented make-up artists who transformed him (he did not make himself up, but that's debatable). However, many of the scenes had help a la CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) and there was even some electronic enhancement with his voices. Tony Randall -- nope that was just Tony Randall pulling out all the stops.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:44 pm
eoe, I have never mentioned this before, but I am a personal friend of Muhammed Ali and have had him over for poolside visits on more than one occasion.

I mention this not because I like to drop names, but rather because you seem to have a fascination with the more famous brothers and sisters in the world.

But I do, and I am dead serious, have an ongoing friendship with Ali, and, if you would like pictures I would be glad to send them.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:47 pm
No old man, I don't want to see your pictures of Muhammad Ali. I have my own thank you.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:47 pm
Not that there's anything wrong with Eddie Murphy in his earlier films, like "48 Hours" and "Beverly Hills Cop" (the first one). He's just made some really bad choices on vehicles in later years. He redeemed himself in "Dreamgirls."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:50 pm
I especially liked him in "Coming to America".
As much as I appreciate his abilites, I'm not a big fan of his movies to tell the truth.
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 07:05 am
Have we mentioned Richard Burton? He has made some memorable movies. He was expected to become a great Shakespearian actor and slipped into movie fame instead.
Alcohol was his downfall, I believe.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:23 am
liz helped that process
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:31 am
Right, Ragman. She helped twice, I believe. I recall him in Prince of Players, and he was excellent. There were others, of course, but that one sticks in my head.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 02:14 pm
Why would you blame Elizabeth Taylor for his downfall??? He was a grown man with a big drinking problem before they even met.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 02:24 pm
"Becket" is my favorite Burton performance even those some believe he was miscast.

He was part of the most famous drinking trio along with Richard Harris and Peter O'Toole. It's that damn Welsh blood, I guess. Liz was never dry herself until recent years. She and Michael Wilding has some regular drinking get-togethers at their house in the Hollywood Hills. Montgomery Cliff nearly died in a car accident driving down Laurel Canyon after one party. He also eventually died of alcoholism.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:01 pm
you misunderstood me. However, why would you assume their marital problems mighn't have contributed to his unhappiness and alcoholism. Co-dependency was common place.
0 Replies

noinipo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:15 pm
It is amazing that Welshmen were among the greatest orators in Britain. Emlyn Williams and Dylan Thomas come to mind. It was a pleasure to listen to Richard Burton.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:23 pm
Of course, but despite the genetics of the right enzymes to break down and metabolize the alcohol, and he was a smoker -- wasn't much of a chance for a very long life. His other relationships we're also rather volatile. I'm sure Liz was difficult to live with and she went through husbands like one switches favorite restaurants.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:41 pm
yes, Lightwiz....that was my thought exactly. The relationship dynamics of the characters that Liz and Richard played in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf were supposed to mimic their relationship's real life volatility. Neither of them was a day at the beach, so to speak. Also, in one of Liz's biography books, she highlights an alleged homosexual activity early in Richard's acting career.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 04:50 pm
Was informed of his A/C D/C in my Hollywood days but name nearly all good looking actors and in Tinsel Town they've fooled around both ways at one time or another. Probably one of the prime reasons those marriages do not hold together. "Oh, honey, it's okay -- I didn't have an affair with another woman, it was just a little fling in the sack with Peter."

I still bet that went over like a fart in a spacesuit.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:02 pm
And they say that women are the biggest gossips? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:08 pm
That's really not gossip but common knowledge in Hollywood circles and I still have connections in the industry. It's also not gossip when names are not named except for a dead actor. Of course, he can't defend himself now -- unless he can rise from the dead and beat us to death with his beaded bag.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:10 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
FYI, Gossip is unsubstantiated rumor. This is fact..from Burton's lips...quotes from Burton himself (not gossip):

"Perhaps most actors are latent homosexuals and we cover it with drink. I was once a homosexual, but it didn't work."

"I rather like my reputation, actually, that of a spoiled genius from the Welsh gutter, a drunk, a womanizer; it's rather an attractive image."

"You may be as vicious about me as you please. You will only do me justice."

Lastly, Liz was the love of his life, too
0 Replies