Lady liberty is holding what book in her hand?

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:30 pm
Diane wrote:
Rex, don't you realize that most of us simply object to your attitude that everything is this world is Christian.

You have a right to your opinion, but please don't force it on the rest of us as the only truth.

At least have some respect for those of us who disagree with your beliefs.

And I object to your objection

All things belong to God whether if you are in denial of that or not...

I am not forcing nothing I am stating my opinion it is liberals who get nasty and this is one Christian who is not going to be your little martyr.

Atheists make up less than ten percent of the WORLD population...

Get over yourSELF...

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/goryo13/bean_head.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:33 pm
I have received NO respect from those who disagree.. So they are not deserving of my respect or civility...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:36 pm
rex seems to think that knighthood was bestowed upon him

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/PosterThumbs/373477.jpg

from the same page of the "answers" website :

Quote:
0 Replies

RexRed

I did not start this and people like Set and Dys may realize they are not the only ones with forked tongues... I can get just as nasty as the next and who do you think God will be cheering for?

God is on my side... for I am on God's team...
Diest TKO

RexRed wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
you don't have to defend yourself in front of me. This one is your personal spiritual exercise. You be the judge.

The word of God needs no defense...

But yours do. You words are not the words of god.

magalomanic.
lair.

BTW, if you are going to take the time to quote my post, post something. Simply writing

Quote:
Mirror..

Doesn't mean anything. If you disagree with my points, make a convincing case. If you feel that i'm being hypocritical, make a case. However, by just saying "mirror," you imply that my own post requires a degree of reproach. Without you taking the time to prove it, just like the other claims you make in these threads, you only destroy your own credibility.

If you have noticed I have used the words of the Bible to back up what I have said?

What backs up your "opinion"?

You're bible doesn't stand a chance against in world of facts. It's not my opinion, it's fact...

http://www.nps.gov/archive/stli/prod02.htm

BTW... That's the National Park Service's information, you might note the ".gov"

Here's another. I believ this comes from the official site of the Statue of Liberty!

http://www.statueofliberty.org/Statue_History.html

It's not a bible, your aoriginal claim which you backed down from, and it's not symbolic of the bible either. I could go get plenty more sources.

The words in the bible which you dribble out don't even back up your arguement.

You're not entertaining anymore, it's just annoying now. The Statue of liberty has NOTHING to to with Christianity.

FACT.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:38 pm
I'll be obnoxious here and go ahead and elaborate on my take on another a2ker, not, by the way, meaning to hurl ad hominems past 'doppus', a word of my distant past, not, as it happened, said to me.

I'll say this as conjecture. I think our a2ker is bright, perhaps very bright.
I think he has lived in some isolation in trying circumstances at some tough time, perhaps for quite a while. Not my business, but I'm not closed to understanding.

I think our friend has worked up constructs from available info and generated a program to make it, move his life forward, and I see this whole construct as
a reach to survive.

I am mostly sympathetic, and understand fully that this sounds condescending, but I don't mean it so. Don't know how to fix that, having been on both sides of religion arguments.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:39 pm
hamburger wrote:
rex seems to think that knighthood was bestowed upon him

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/PosterThumbs/373477.jpg

from the same page of the "answers" website :

Quote:

How little you know...

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:48 pm
RexRed wrote:
You liberals want to have your cake and eat it too...

I prefer to just eat the cake. Having cake is without meaning. BTW, great job using a common proverb, then not relating it to any point!
RexRed wrote:

What you don't seem to get is that liberty is not the way of God but the LAW of liberty is... BIG distinction.

A mediocre reply at best addressed to nobody's arguement.
RexRed wrote:

So it is not do unto Christians and act like bimbos and laugh about it later...

This is not about anyone doing on to Christians anything... You are trying to redefine our world and rewrite history. Keep your pen away from my dictionary and my history books.
RexRed wrote:

For what goes around comes around... The same law of liberty gives me the right to defend myself against bigots and hoodlums.

I guess if quoting Christianity doesn't work, you can always see if posting eastern religious ideas will make you point any less impotent.
RexRed wrote:

God is no respecter of persons saint and sinner alike are required to view liberty as a LAW and not a free pass to give God the finger and act, well, like jerks...

But I'm sure he respects you loads. Again, I'm not sure who came into this thread and made any claim that we were to "view liberty as a LAW."

If you think people here are acting like jerks, you aren't built for this world. People here have given you more patience than you deserve. Don't they let you guys go out of the compound every month for a day? Damn, take a field trip.

As each reply comes from you, you collapse a little more and more. I'm seriously advising you to retire your quest to rewrite history.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:56 pm
RexRed wrote:
Diane wrote:
Rex, don't you realize that most of us simply object to your attitude that everything is this world is Christian.

You have a right to your opinion, but please don't force it on the rest of us as the only truth.

At least have some respect for those of us who disagree with your beliefs.

And I object to your objection

All things belong to God whether if you are in denial of that or not...

! Shocked !

Ok then, I give up.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:01 pm
RexRed wrote:
I did not start this and people like Set and Dys may realize they are not the only ones with forked tongues... I can get just as nasty as the next and who do you think God will be cheering for?

Claim: Rex is a liar.
Evidence: The first post in this thread belongs to Rex, and is of a confrontational stnace.
Quote:

God is on my side... for I am on God's team...

This is redefining pathetic.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:01 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I'll be obnoxious here and go ahead and elaborate on my take on another a2ker, not, by the way, meaning to hurl ad hominems past 'doppus', a word of my distant past, not, as it happened, said to me.

I'll say this as conjecture. I think our a2ker is bright, perhaps very bright.
I think he has lived in some isolation in trying circumstances at some tough time, perhaps for quite a while. Not my business, but I'm not closed to understanding.

I think our friend has worked up constructs from available info and generated a program to make it, move his life forward, and I see this whole construct as
a reach to survive.

I am mostly sympathetic, and understand fully that this sounds condescending, but I don't mean it so. Don't know how to fix that, having been on both sides of religion arguments.

If you are referring to me you may be onto something.

Yet the word of God has not isolated me but made me more outward...

Ac 26:17
Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Comment: Though learning does take much sacrifice of one's life. While others were out having fun I was studying on my own volition. For a heavenly prize.

If you keep it up I feel a testimony coming on... Smile

I can give you some insight into myself and why I am the way I am if people would stop hurling the insults and apply some civilized decorum to this forum...

My story is quite a remarkable one but I only let people in whom I trust and who actually have a desire to learn from it. For I have only revealed the tip of the iceberg. For there are those who only desire to gather more ammunition to start a new rash of trouble.

It is a shame for if people could speak from thier hearts we could all progress together toward some worthy endeavor... I have truly been blessed by God...

Instead we have potty jokes and adolescent pranks from the peanut gallery.

There is so much on my heart that there are not enough books in the world that could contain my desires and intentions. This has always been the case.

Instead I will give you only enough to whet your curiosity for what I know is everlasting and what I have seen is eternity. There is only so much time and this moment is gone forever...

Peace with God
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:02 pm
RexRed wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
You guys do realize you're arguing with someone who thinks this is a bible? (Laughing)
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2125/statueofliberty2691dr0.jpg

It has been established it is a tablet and if you had taken the time to read this post you would know that...

The tablet that contains the "law of liberty" FROM THE BIBLE...

So what do you have to say about that NOW smartie pants???
So it wasn't you who produced this bit of idiocy?
I wonder who wrote:
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:03 pm
He doth protest too much.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:04 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
RexRed wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
You guys do realize you're arguing with someone who thinks this is a bible? (Laughing)
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2125/statueofliberty2691dr0.jpg

It has been established it is a tablet and if you had taken the time to read this post you would know that...

The tablet that contains the "law of liberty" FROM THE BIBLE...

So what do you have to say about that NOW smartie pants???
So it wasn't you who produced this bit of idiocy?
I wonder who wrote:

I have already conceded that was a mistake now rub my face in it.

Does it make you feel bigger?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:06 pm
Occom it might serve you to actually read this post rather than just barreling in like a bull in a china closet...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:08 pm
RexRed wrote:
It has been established it is a tablet [..] that contains the "law of liberty" FROM THE BIBLE...

Uhm, no. No such thing has been established.

The architect of the Statue of Liberty made it clear, at the time, as can be read back still now, what the different elements of the statue referred to.

There was reference to "liberty", yes - a value and concept that has been around throughout history and is not tied specifically to the Bible.

But there was no reference to such a thing as "the law of liberty", which appears, in the way you use it here, to be a concept of your own making; and there was no reference to the Bible.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:15 pm
Sorry pal, after skimming only a handful of posts; I could feel myself getting dumber, so I didn't realize you recanted. I don't waste much time on religious nuts and the respect worthy-theists I know don't prattle on about nonsense and wouldn't pretend to know the mind of God as blatantly as you. See you in hell. :wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:17 pm
One of these days I may open up and let you all in...

I have considered it but each time I say to myself, NOPE.

I will just keep feeding you by hand, little by little and someday you MAY see what I see. Until then it will be a rocky road.

Consider that many are not even where you are yet.

Some of my closest friends have no idea of the spiritual matters that some of you have already come to understand. Believe me it frustrates and saddens me.

God is the poet and we are God's poiema...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:19 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Sorry pal, after skimming only a handful of posts; I could feel myself getting dumber, so I didn't realize you recanted. I don't waste much time on religious nuts and the respect worthy-theists I know don't prattle on about nonsense and wouldn't pretend to know the mind of God as blatantly as you. See you in hell. :wink:

It's ok, I left myself open to it and deservedly so. It's forgotten.

Thanks
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:24 pm
nimh wrote:
RexRed wrote:
It has been established it is a tablet [..] that contains the "law of liberty" FROM THE BIBLE...

Uhm, no. No such thing has been established.

The architect of the Statue of Liberty made it clear, at the time, as can be read back still now, what the different elements of the statue referred to.

There was reference to "liberty", yes - a value and concept that has been around throughout history and is not tied specifically to the Bible.

But there was no reference to such a thing as "the law of liberty", which appears, in the way you use it here, to be a concept of your own making; and there was no reference to the Bible.

So laws aren't written on tablets? Do we have to rehash all of this over again?

Please go back and reread the topic... starting at page one... Smile

How do we reconcile the "law of liberty"?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

For law impedes absolute liberty.
0 Replies