Torture, Al-Qaeda Style

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:42 am
When we cheapen the word torture by calling simple abuses "Torture" what do accomplish.

Which would you prefer. Being in a naked pyramid or having your hand drilled and your skin ironed?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0524072torture1.jpg

Quote:

Torture, Al-Qaeda Style
Drawings, tools seized from Iraq safe house in U.S. military raid
MAY 24--In a recent raid on an al-Qaeda safe house in Iraq, U.S. military officials recovered an assortment of crude drawings depicting torture methods like "blowtorch to the skin" and "eye removal." Along with the images, which you'll find on the following pages, soldiers seized various torture implements, like meat cleavers, whips, and wire cutters. Photos of those items can be seen here. The images, which were just declassified by the Department of Defense, also include a picture of a ramshackle Baghdad safe house described as an "al-Qaeda torture chamber." It was there, during an April 24 raid, that soldiers found a man suspended from the ceiling by a chain. According to the military, he had been abducted from his job and was being beaten daily by his captors. In a raid earlier this week, Coalition Forces freed five Iraqis who were found in a padlocked room in Karmah. The group, which included a boy, were reportedly beaten with chains, cables, and hoses. Photos showing injuries sustained by those captives can be found here. (12 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0524072torture1.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,237 • Replies: 26
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:46 am
What is a "simple abuse"? When we cheapen humanity by renaming or redefining torture we cheapen ourselves. This is a sickening attempt to minimize what is being done in our name (that we know of).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 07:54 am
I'm guessing the reverend also gets really self-righteous whenever a report comes out about how some Muslims don't regret Islamic terrorism.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:47 am
Let me guess...the rev. only supports torture when it is perpetrated by Americans...

Or does he have the integrity to condemn it no matter by whom it is committed?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 08:58 am
This is your basic "Oh Yeah, well just look how bad that other guy is" style of argument.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:15 am
Bush told me that 'Al-Qaeda' were really evil people, who's aim was to kill/behead foreign soldiers...furthermore they are going to follow us home if we pullout from Iraq Twisted Evil

Well, why the heck, have they NOT depicted white US/UK/European soldiers in their torture sketch books ? ? ?

Answer that Rev.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:24 am
Wow... I expected a little bit of excuse making. But just wow....

Tell the Good Reverend. Would you rather be forced into a naked pyramid or have your hand drilled?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:28 am
Who says you can't to both?
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:33 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Who says you can't to both?

Laughing This is not some BDSM fast food joint and that was not some bondage kink site I linked you to! These are both bad things.... One though is abuse the other torture.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:42 am
So is it your opinion that the worst thing we've ever done to captives is stack them in naked pyramids?

How does having your arm drilled compare to having your legs beaten to a bloody pulp until you die?

Where exactly is the line between what they are and what we are willing to become? How badly can we "abuse" our captives without becoming like them? Must we embrace every form of conceivable torture in order to become torturers?
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:42 am
FreeDuck wrote:
What is a "simple abuse"? When we cheapen humanity by renaming or redefining torture we cheapen ourselves. This is a sickening attempt to minimize what is being done in our name (that we know of).

Girls highschool lacrosse teams treat each other worse than the abu Gahrib incident that you all call torture.

It was abuse, it was wrong, and the people involved were punished.

This above is clear torture.

dlowan wrote:
Let me guess...the rev. only supports torture when it is perpetrated by Americans...

Or does he have the integrity to condemn it no matter by whom it is committed?

The Good Reverend abhors torture and applauds the US military for not engaging in it as our enemy does.

DrewDad wrote:
I'm guessing the reverend also gets really self-righteous whenever a report comes out about how some Muslims don't regret Islamic terrorism.

Thats a loaded statment. I think savages that support terror and torture regardless of religion get the Good Reverend all self righteous.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:45 am
reverend hellh0und wrote:

Girls highschool lacrosse teams treat each other worse than the abu Gahrib incident that you all call torture.

Abu Ghraib is not the only known incident of torture/abuse of detainees. And the naked pyramids were only one image. Do girls high school lacrosse teams perform mock executions on one another?

Quote:
The Good Reverend abhors torture and applauds the US military for not engaging in it as our enemy does.

Do you applaud our CIA?
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 09:47 am
FreeDuck wrote:

Abu Ghraib is not the only known incident of torture/abuse of detainees. And the naked pyramids were only one image. Do girls high school lacrosse teams perform mock executions on one another?

Forced freshmen girls to eat dog **** and beat them with lacrosse sticks.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you applaud our CIA?

I applaud speculation and rumor..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 10:25 am

Mock executions? Threatened with dogs while naked? Beaten to death?
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 10:27 am
FreeDuck wrote:

Were not those people all prosecuted?

Did you miss my BDSM post... I thought it was kinda funny...... damn..
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 10:29 am
FreeDuck wrote:

The people who ordered them to do it, or ordered them to get information no matter what it took, didn't, no.

It's like you claiming that putting mafia hit men in jail is getting to the bottom of the issue. You have to go to the top or the problem doesn't go away.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 10:47 am

Were you not still comparing what they did to a girls lacrosse hazing?

Quote:

Nah, I saw it. I was being funny myself when I teed it up for you.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 11:45 am
It's rather farcical for a supposed manual on torture to include a picture illustrating, for example, the technique of "burning someone with a hot iron." Really, if a would-be torturer can't figure out how to burn someone with a hot iron without referring to an illustrated manual, then perhaps he should find another line of work more congenial to his limited skills set. I understand the job of attorney general might be opening up soon.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 11:52 am
joefromchicago wrote:
It's rather farcical for a supposed manual on torture to include a picture illustrating, for example, the technique of "burning someone with a hot iron." Really, if a would-be torturer can't figure out how to burn someone with a hot iron without referring to an illustrated manual, then perhaps he should find another line of work more congenial to his limited skills set. I understand the job of attorney general might be opening up soon.

<snork>
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 12:06 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

The people who ordered them to do it, or ordered them to get information no matter what it took, didn't, no.

Wasn't up to a General prosecuted?

People in intelligence know torture does not get reliable info.

Quote:

It's like you claiming that putting mafia hit men in jail is getting to the bottom of the issue. You have to go to the top or the problem doesn't go away.

Cycloptichorn

I think they did. and still do.
0 Replies