with pentecostal clarity

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 11:55 am
"the Polish of the letter seemed to translate itself with pentecostal clarity in his mind"

I know about Pentecost and Pentecostals, but here the word "pentecostal" must mean something like "(religiously) pure". What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 522 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:13 pm
One of the tenants of Pentacostalism is that they beleive the Bible to be the absolute word of God.

It would appear that the writer of the sentence you listed is intending it to mean something along the lines of "absolute clarity". - the reader accepted every word as absolute fact.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:14 pm
Pentecostal Christians believe that clarity of language is of great importance, both in translations of the Bible and in preaching.

From a piece of Pentecostalist writing I found via Google...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&q=pentecostal+clarity&btnG=Search&meta=

Quote:

We need to ask ourselves whether we have clarified our fundamental truth adequately and clearly. If not, then, we need to work at reformulation. Reformulation does not necessitate that we abandon traditional formulation all together. Precisely because this experience is credible we need to reformulate to make it intelligible.
0 Replies

literarypoland

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 05:04 am
What would I have done without you?!
0 Replies