IDEAS WANTED: Doing something special for the one you love!?

djmike

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:42 am
Welll lets have your idea's.... What's something you have done for some one really close and special to you... Eg (buying them a star)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,155 • Replies: 8
No top replies

morganwood

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:41 pm
Wrote a poem and set it within a picture in Photoshop, framed it and giving it to my wife for our 27th.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 06:55 pm
One time she had to work on her birthday. I sent her a dozen long-stemmed red roses ... one every 45 minutes through the 8-hour workday. Eventually, that whole mess smoothed over.

Oh, and welcome to A2K, djmike. If you'd like to explore the bells and whistles here, click on the color-formatted links down at the bottom of my posts.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 11:32 pm
well we have done things for each other. i helped him get a used truck . let him borrow money for a hernia opperation, helped him pile cords of wood for his wood stove. put up with his dog that killed my cat.

but he has painted my apartment. built shelves for me, helped me with soundproofing my apartment, put a fan in my dinette for me, goes clothes shopping with me and he can find what i like to wear.

he wallpapered my livingroom, put up with my bad temper, and most important he got me to stop smoking almost 20 years ago.

he put in a ceramic floor in my kitchen, and a bruce floor in my dinette.
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 12:55 am
It's really the little things that mean the most to me.

Once during a conversation I mentioned that saw dust turned me on, reminded me of my childhood. We always had a new house in a new neighborhood, so all the other houses on the blockk were just being built and I would inspect them after school. Just found it interesting and the smell of saw dust takes me back to my early "free" youth.

Anyway, my sweetheart showed up the next day with a Ziplock baggy full of saw dust.

I still have it.

He used to bring me coffee everyday by the bed in the mornings. I had mentioned that my now-deceased sweetheart did that for me, and I guess he realized how much that meant to me.

We once played a game where you name the type of animal you would want to be--real or imagined. It's sort of a psychological game. Anyway, he mentioned of all things, Godzilla, which is funny because it was my animal, too. Anyway, he won a stuffed Godzilla-like dinosaur and gave it to me. I cherish it.

He has bought me books on subjects I am interested in. He has gone with me to the used bookstore and carried BOXES of books back to the car. I can't tell you how much that kind of support means to me.

It's the little things. Do them everyday. Make life special.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:05 am
a true romantic!
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:29 am
On my ex wife's 50th birthday I arranged a surprise birthday party with a bunch of friends casually dropping by for a "visit". She usually would have seen right through it but the way it happened with no one wishing her a happy birthday she was blindsided. As the house began to fill up she cornered me to confess she didn't think we had enough to offer refreshments to anyone. Since I was a husband and therefore incapable of doing the shopping I would be no help at all but she was worried as to how to get something for them without seeming rude at disappearing. I offered to see if the people upstairs might have something to bail us out. Having previously let them in on it and left food and drinks and a special cake upstairs with them I hopped upstairs and reappeared with everything for a party.

She was floored when the treasure trove appeared and couldn't believe I had pulled it off and that she'd been so blind. All of the friends were dear to us and therefore the unannounced dropping in was a natural thing for all of them to do (but not all at once). It was a monumental success.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:27 pm
bob
that was great. usually the birthday person walks into the party. this time the party slowly walked in on her. good show!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 02:19 pm
I arranged a surprise party for my wife in May, with the covert assistance of her work friends. One friend who thinks she is stoopid kind of spilled the beans the day of the event, by hinting that something was planned Rolling Eyes She suspected something, but what she did not know is that I had contacted a couple of her long-time friends from high-school, who live out of town, and drove in for the celebration. That really made her night. Also, the day to day things help a lot.
0 Replies