Anniversary Gifts?

MrNinja

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 09:41 pm
Hey there. My first anniversary is coming up next month. I always thought it would be fun to celebrate wedding anniversaries by giving my wife gifts based on one of those anniversary gift lists. I'm also hoping it will make it easier for me to figure out what to give her each year Wink I was going to pick either traditional or modern gifts, however,I just looked up what all the gifts are for each year and I'm sort of rethinking sticking with just one list. I'm thinking about jumping around, both to throw my wife off a little on the guessing and to give me more options. I found a pretty good list here [Edit: Moderator: Link removed] . With both lists, as well as those jewelry options, I can expand my possibilities quite a bit, so I don't end up giving unromantic gifts like yet another set of silverware.

So, does anyone here buy their anniversary gifts based on those traditional and modern gift lists? Is it possible to for it to really be a total surprise each year when there's a published list of the possibilities? Do you try to get really creative to get her/him off the scent? I'd love to hear any anniversary gift stories you've got. I'm new at the marriage thing and it would be great to hear from those of you that are experts at it Wink

BTW, this is what I'm thinking about getting for my sweetie for our first, sticking to the clock theme [Edit: Moderator: Link removed] . Yeah, my wife is a lucky lady Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 484 • Replies: 7
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 09:48 pm
I had no idea that such lists exist Shocked

Anniversaries don't have to be pricey, a nice dinner at
home, cooked by yourself, soft music playing in the background,
a nice massage etc. etc. can be very romantic and probably much more
appreciated then a watch.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 09:50 pm
Start with the paper, but be very creative with it.
0 Replies

MrNinja

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 10:05 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Start with the paper, but be very creative with it.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting her some tickets to a play or something. I knwo she'd like that. Maybe I'll see what's showing in LA. That and a night out may be much more appreciated than the watch. I suck at this gift thing. That's why decided to check for ideas!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 10:10 pm
That's a pretty good idea; buy her tickets to a show. That way, you can progress to more expense gifts as the marriage matures. If you start big, you can only disappoint in subsequent anniversaries. Only remember the "creative" aspect; she'll appreciate that, because it means you gave it alot of thought. !
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 01:42 am
Hmmmm, I am new to the anniversary thing, too!
Have had three married, and three non-married ones.

Last one my husband brought me a bunch of flowers, and I made a nice dinner.
Usually we go out, often to the pub, since that is where we met (went for a quick drink for dinner this year, too!) and celebrated our wedding.

I would not feel comfortable if my husband felt the need to buy me presents for every anniversary.
That would mean that I have to buy him presents for every anniversary, which in my eyes would take the fun out of it, since it would start being stress!

Watches and jewellery are not for me in any case!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 07:56 am
For my 1st anniversary, my wife wrapped herself up in paper. This was inexpensive and I really had a fun time unwrapping her. I think it was the only anniversary we really did anything according to any list. In a few weeks we will celebrate anniversary #25 with a few days secluded in a mountain cabin. Not one bit of silver will be in sight. At least I don't think so.

Have a good anniversary, whatever you do.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:22 am
Natalie and I used to use those lists, but after 43 years we have more stuff than we need. I'm continually trying to get Natalie to start getting rid of stuff as gifts to children, grand children, brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces. Not much success at that, but I keep trying to "lighten the load". We've been relatively successful in discouraging the family from giving expensive gifts when the money will be far more usefully spent on their own families.

These days, we have a dinner a good restaurant and decide together what improvement we can afford to make at Corazon. This past year we've concentrated our gifts on kitchen/cooking stuff like really good knives, specialty cookware, etc.
0 Replies