"jihadism"_What kind of doctrine it is?

lust

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:58 am
Recently I read an article in which the writer stated some of his views about the connections between Jihadism and Anarchism.I am confused about the word -"jihadism".I checked it in the dictionary and found the definition of "jihad" to be "holy war fought by Muslims against those who reject Islam".But what is the exact meaning of "jihadism"?What kind of doctrine it is?(It may help me to get the main point of the article.)
Thanks!
This is my first post in the forum since I became a member of AK2.I wish I could be well received in this neighborhood. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 717 • Replies: 12
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:01 am
lust,

The point is that the meaning of "Jihadism" must be taken from the context of the article which uses it. Discussions of "exact meaning" are futile. No doubt apologists for Islam would wish to emphasise the "spiritual struggle" interpretation of "Jihad" but your author is clearly going for its iconoclastic aspects with respect to established secular government. In this sense it comparable to "anarchism" in its energy source despite the fact that its stated aim differs from that of anarchism since that might be to replace democracy with theocracy.
0 Replies

lust

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:45 am
fresco,
thanks for your detailed answer,especially your personal views.
well,I will make my question clearer averting futility you have mentioned.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 04:42 am
Hi,

Smile Lust is a friend of mine, whom I introduce to this site. She/he (excuse me) has recently begun to learn this language in earnest. There are problems with a starter (Oh I should admit, with lust there are many), yet they are problems only for a starter. Lust is enthusiastic. Those problems can be soon overcome if there is certain amount of will which is characteristic of this friend of mine. :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 05:09 am
Excellent answer, fresco.

Welcome to A2K, lust.

and j-b, please bring some more friends.

Joe(I have no answers)Nation
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:07 am
JB,

Any friend of yours, is a friend of ours. I'm sure that you are helping Lust by passing along what you have already learned of this difficult language.

Lust,

Welcome to A2K. Sometimes you need to be patient with us. We may not fully understand your posts, but we try hard. We also have a tendency to go of topic with humor that may be difficult for you to follow. With few exceptions, I think you will find this a very useful and supportive "neighborhood".
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:01 pm
Lust--

Welcome to A2K.

You could have no better sponsor/mentor/guide than JB.
0 Replies

lust

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:36 am
Thanks for your warm welcome! Very Happy
Surely I will overcome the language barricade settled in front of me.This is a promise I kept with J-B.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:53 am
You have used some harmfully big words... That was the problem I had at first. We should work on that more.

Or maybe you just want to test whether you have commanded the words kept on your notebook? Then you have to some point failed at that effort. You make your meaning less clearer to understand. That is fatal. And that means you really haven't commanded some words. (On the other hand, that means your vocabulary is expanding at a tremendous, often inefficient speed)

I try to paraphrase your response in my version of english

Quote:
Surely I will overcome the language barricade settled in front of me.

Surely, I will overcome the difficulties in studying this language.

(By using a not very fitting word "barricade" here you are actually producing more "barricades"...; "settled" sounds very strange; "in front of me" IMO is redundant)
0 Replies

lust

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 09:02 am
Well,it seems that I should /must be careful Rolling Eyes when I am showing gratitude. Exclamation
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 11:50 am
J-B--

I have no ear for any language other than English. I understand completely what lust means by "language barricade". Both the U.S. Marines and those learning English have to master obstacle courses.

I also like the poetic layers of "inefficient speed".
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:18 am
Hehe, you've found your supporter. :wink:
0 Replies

lust

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:42 am
Very Happy
0 Replies