Who Will Replace Wolfowitz?

Zippo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 03:42 am
White House to Quickly Replace Wolfowitz

Trying to put a controversy behind it, the Bush administration was wasting no time finding a successor to World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz, who will resign over his handling of a pay package for his girlfriend.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,577 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 04:14 am
Its pretty obvious his girl friend fits the bill. She'll give him a job mopping floors.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:33 am
Steve 41oo, it could be worse : Laughing

Blair could be in running for World Bank top job, says US economist

London - Outgoing British Prime Minister Tony Blair could be a contender for the post of president of the World Bank following the resignation of Paul Wolfowitz, one of America's most respected economists told the BBC Friday.

Nobel Prize-winning economist Joe Stiglitz, a former senior vice president and chief economist at the World Bank, told BBC Radio 5 Live Blair was 'in the frame' for the job, which is traditionally held by an American.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:23 am
One thing the New Yorker article that seemed to basically start all of this said is that it's really time for a non-American president. (I don't remember if that was said in so many words, it's something I got out of it.) Tony Blair would be probably the safest (from the Bush Administration's perspective) non-American for the job.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:40 am
I think the strange timing of his departure (end of June) allows Blair to be in the running, as he could not declare an interest until he formally resigns on June 27.

I also think that Bush's comments about being potentially, partially responsible for Blair having to leave office, make it more likely that he would favour making "Yo Blair" his man in the World Bank, usually reserved for Americans.

The Financial Times ran an article last Monday suggesting that Tony would do a good job there.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:42 am
Good point about the timing, Kitchenpete.

I can see Blair being good in that position.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:46 am
Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:53 am
Oooh!

That'd be mighty interesting.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:55 am
BBB
Bono
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:41 am
I'm sure the last thing the World Bank needs is another Bush ass kisser as it's president (Blair). But no doubt it sure sounds like a distinct possibility, what with the Bush/Blair love fest on display in the Rose garden yesterday.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:44 am
If I can enlist the help of the A2K community to help me secure the position then I promise when I take over the bank everyone will get a free toaster oven with a deposit of 100.00 or more....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:46 am
Bear
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If I can enlist the help of the A2K community to help me secure the position then I promise when I take over the bank everyone will get a free toaster oven with a deposit of 100.00 or more....

Would you consider giving a vibrater instead of a toaster?

BBB
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:47 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

BBB

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Reboot

Okay. Back to normal

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:48 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

BBB

a genuine Doc Johnson.... with 200.00 the Doc Johnson Rabbit model...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/images.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 10:20 am
I was going to say that maybe Blair would shy away from the position as the cherry on top of the "Bush's poodle" reputation, but then started wondering if DEFYING that label might be an attraction for Blair. As in, take the job, but then refuse to kowtow to American interests once there.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:19 pm
sex toys aside, who actually gives a flying **** who will be next president of the world bank?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:21 pm
I prefer Blair over Clinton - 24/7.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:22 pm
sozobe wrote:
I was going to say that maybe Blair would shy away from the position as the cherry on top of the "Bush's poodle" reputation, but then started wondering if DEFYING that label might be an attraction for Blair. As in, take the job, but then refuse to kowtow to American interests once there.

or more likely take the job as worked out behind closed doors in advance and contiinue to be bushs' poodle...
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:10 pm
Quote:
Bush picks Robert Zoellick to lead World Bank, replacing Paul Wolfowitz

Canadian Press
Article tools

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senior U.S. officials say President George W. Bush has chosen Robert Zoellick to be the new World Bank president.

Zoellick is a former U.S. trade representative and former No. 2 official at the State Department. Bush will announce his decision Wednesday. Zoellick succeeds Paul Wolfowitz, who is stepping down June 30.

Wolfowitz resigned after a special bank panel found he broke bank rules by arranging a hefty compensation package for his girlfriend, who was a bank employee.

canada.com

http://www.dealbreaker.com/images/entries/Robert_Zoellick.jpg

You see...I put him down first on the list because he is an extreme Jewish supremacist part of the pro Israel, pro Iraq war, neocon cabals...

How did i guess ? I was the only one who got it right. Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:52 am
Beautiful.

Another PNAC signatory.
0 Replies