Public stupidity:"Muslim terrorists scarier than Nazis were"

au1929

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:36 am
Cycloptichorn wrote
Quote:
The Nazis were still scarier - they were highly industrialized and scientific. That's how you discover new and interesting ways to kill lots of people.

And the terrorists are more humane only using bombing, torture, beheading, suicide bombers, human shields, targeting the civilian population justifying it with their religion to kill people.One could say they do it the old fashion way.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:44 am
McGentrix wrote:
Well, at any rate, the Russians were far scarier then either.

Yes, Stalin was definitely scarier than Osama bin Laden is..
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

au1929 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote
Quote:
The Nazis were still scarier - they were highly industrialized and scientific. That's how you discover new and interesting ways to kill lots of people.

And the terrorists are more humane only using bombing, torture, beheading, suicide bombers, human shields, targeting the civilian population justifying it with their religion to kill people.One could say they do it the old fashion way.

You are correct. But the old fashioned way is far less dangerous to the vast majority of people then the new-fashioned way. Remember, the Nazis practiced bombing, torture, beheading, suicide bombers, human shields, targeting the civilian population justifying it with their (the population's) religion to kill people.

There's nothing the terrorists could do that would be worse than the Nazis, or more pernicious to our way of life.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

It's not about being humane, it's about how much control and power they have. That's why I say the Nazis were way scarier.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:54 am
Freeduck.
What would concern you more the pain you had and took care of 10 years ago or the one you now suffer?
In my opinion there is nothig more dangerous than a religious war being waged by religious fanatics
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:00 am
I would add. G.Bush scares the sh*t out of me.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:04 am
Now Herr Hitler was a good Catholic boy leading his nation in a campaign to rid the world of Jews because they uh,--- let me check with Mel Gibson here,----- oh yes,----because the Jews have started all the wars in the world.
Whereas the Muslim Terrorists are trying to kill all of us because, excuse me, Mel?-- oh, yes, because we continue to let the Jews run everything in the world..

Besides all that, I would remind you that our President, who has a clear plan for peace and victory in Iraq, does not want anyone to take any time thinking about stuff like this.

We are supposed to be about our regular lives, send our kids to school, go shopping and not be about asking him to sign executive orders allowing the States to order the lowering of the US flags on Federal Buildings in order to honor troops fallen in battle. He never responded to the request. Probably busy shopping.

So, who's scarier?

Joe(He's not on the list)Nation
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:15 am
au1929 wrote:
Freeduck.
What would concern you more the pain you had and took care of 10 years ago or the one you now suffer?
In my opinion there is nothig more dangerous than a religious war being waged by religious fanatics

But that wasn't the question. It'd be like asking, which pain was worse: the pain of giving birth 5 years ago or the pain of the headache you have now? The fact that childbirth was 5 years ago doesn't make the headache pain worse.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:18 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Now Herr Hitler was a good Catholic boy leading his nation in a campaign to rid the world of Jews because they uh,--- let me check with Mel Gibson here,----- oh yes,----because the Jews have started all the wars in the world.
Whereas the Muslim Terrorists are trying to kill all of us because, excuse me, Mel?-- oh, yes, because we continue to let the Jews run everything in the world..

Besides all that, I would remind you that our President, who has a clear plan for peace and victory in Iraq, does not want anyone to take any time thinking about stuff like this.

We are supposed to be about our regular lives, send our kids to school, go shopping and not be about asking him to sign executive orders allowing the States to order the lowering of the US flags on Federal Buildings in order to honor troops fallen in battle. He never responded to the request. Probably busy shopping.

So, who's scarier?

Joe(He's not on the list)Nation

evidently the jews....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:23 am
FreeDuck
Somehow you have missed my point. What would bother you more the pain you experienced five years ago or the one you are experiencing at the present time.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:24 am
Joe Nation wrote:

I'd say we continue to veto everything. We continue to give them a blank cheque to kill a-rabs with impunity. ( Israel asks US for more cluster bombs )
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:24 am
au1929 wrote:
FreeDuck
Somehow you have missed my point. What would bother you more the pain you experienced five years ago or the one you are experiencing at the present time.

That wasn't what the question asked.

But, I understand that the vast majority of people will do as you have done, and substitute the question they want to answer (what is scarier NOW) with the question which was actually asked.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:31 am
au1929 wrote:
FreeDuck

What Cyclops said. If that had been the question then I would surely have answered the same way. And maybe that is why people answered that way. No biggie.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:38 am
Cyclo
That may not have been the question asked as you see it. However, it definitely was the reason for the poll results. And I understand the post it was questiong those results. Basically it was asking why?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:43 am
au1929 wrote:
Cyclo
That may not have been the question asked as you see it. However, it definitely was the reason for the poll results. And I understand the post it was questiong those results. Basically it was asking why?

Yeah, I understand that most people will misunderstand the question. But it was quite clear in its' wording.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:47 am
Let me digress for the moment. I received this article by E-Mail some time ago.

A man whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War Two owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

"Very few people were true Nazis " he said," but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories."

We are told again and again by "experts" and "talking heads" that Islam is the religion of peace, and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace.

Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam. The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history.

It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who blow themselves up and claim endless Jewish lives.It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughoutAfrica and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals.

The hard quantifiable fact is that the "peaceful majority" the "silent majority" is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia comprised Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

China's huge population, it was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War 2 was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel and bayonet.

And, who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were "peace loving"?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awake one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

As for us who watch it all unfold; we must pay attention to the only group that counts; the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, at the risk of offending, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on, can contribute to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on!! Let us hope that thousands, world wide, read this - think about it - and send it on.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 11:48 am
Excellent post.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 01:10 pm
This is a stupid thread. Certainly people find the terrorists more frightening than the Nazis. The Nazis never attacked Americans on American soil. The one significant example of a foreign attack on American soil before September 11th which most Americans living will be aware of will have been the attack on Hawaii by the Imperial Navy. That was Hawaii, not the continental United States, almost all of the killed and wounded were military personnel, and the attack on September 11th is fresh in people's minds and killed more people than died at Pearl Harbor.

So why should anyone be surprised that Americans are more afraid of Muslim terrorists than of the Nazis (leaving aside the time warp issue)? Even if one doesn't buy into this administration's propaganda about Muslims, it is hard to escape the conclusion that the Shrub and company have just made more enemies for Americans with their witless foreign policy and their wars.

Hell yes people are scared--and if this crew or someone like them remained in power for about a decade longer, they'd have damned good reason to be scared.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 01:11 pm
I hate illinois nazis.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 03:02 pm
kickycan wrote:
I think that poll makes sense. The nazis were doing their thing over fifty years ago, and muslim terrorists are today's boogeymen. I think the further in the past something gets, the less "real" it appears to people.

Also, the way I look at it, while those Nazis were some real nasty motherfu*kers by now they ought to be awfully damned old and slow, pushing 80-90 years old, and I doubt could be working on anything that would strain them physically. They probably just want to sleep or listen to Bach.

Polls like this are useless. There is no context, nearly 40% of US GDP went to the US WWII war effort and exemplfies the perception of danger found in the average US citizen towards the Nazis and Japanese, circa 1941-45.

Right now the Iraq War costs are less than one half a trillion from an eleven trillion economy, just crunch the numbers... To get to the level of sacrifice the United States took to defeat the Nazis and Japanese in WWII it would require expenditures of $4.4 Trillion and likely a million and a half soldiers in Iraq.

short bus analysis:

for WWII
the US labor needed to generate 4 dollars in 10 was used to "make war."

for iraq
the US labor needed to generate 0.4 dollar in 10 was used to "make war."

we're working one tenth as hard.

So anybody who thinks the "Islamos" are scarier than the Nazis, ain't thinking right, or should start protesting for an eleven fold increase in costs and funding the Iraq War, just to be consistent.
0 Replies