Video of the day

nimh

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 07:58 pm
nimh wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
Look here. This guy is the next James Bond or something. This is the Russian Special Forces climbing video

This is a whole trend tho, isnt it, now? Like, urban climbing? One of those new extreme sports? Kids using the towerblocks and buildings to do the craziest jumping stunts.. there's a word for it, forget what it is.

Parkour. Its called parkour. Though there's also a twin form called Yamakasi - which the film was named after (duh!).

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Yamakasi

The Yamakasi are a group of practitioners of the sport of l'art du déplacement (French: the art of movement).

The sport resembles, and has its origins in, that of parkour which involves surmounting (often) urban obstacles as efficiently as possible. The philosophy of the Yamakasis, however, is that of aesthetics and complete freedom of movement from point A to point B, as opposed to parkour which focuses on efficiency of movement between point A to point B, without the emphasis on aesthetics. Hence Yamakasis perform flips and tricks, while traceurs (parkour practitioners) do not.

Theres LOTS more info on Wikipedia about Parkour

And of course, we're not talking guys who are doing it like James Bond - could have guessed it! - but the last James Bond film featured this stuff because it was already a hip extreme subculture.

Heavy stuff in this documentary - these guys put the Russian to shame. Serious eyecandy for Dag Smile

Generation Yamakasi
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:06 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Everything screams at climax. Even mimes

If a mime fucks in the dark, does he come?

dagmaraka wrote:
we should try that in komarno.

Ha!

There's a li'l problem with Komarno. When exactly are you in Slovakia again? The problem is - from the 9th to the 11th I'm in London for a meeting (hey, I'll meet one of the Dutch royals! Smile - but the squeeze is that I dont have a passport right now. My old one elapsed.

I applied for a new one last week, and the friendly young lady reassured me several times that "it should be OK" and "there should be no problem" in getting my passport before I have to leave - that is Friday the 8th at the latest - which I damn well hope b/c there's no refund on the plane ticket.

But yeah, I'm guessing it will probably only be ready right at the last moment - which means I wouldnt be able to cross the border into Slovakia in the meantime..

Whats right across the border from Komarom here in Hungary? :-D
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:08 pm
that's a possibility. it would have to be between 6th nd 8th then...which are work days. eh?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:22 pm
I have a friend who is leaving Barcelona tomorrow and heading to Prague. Anything off the beaten trail that is worthwhile to see there?

I would have asked Calmity Jane but she is no longer talking to me.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:23 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
that's a possibility. it would have to be between 6th nd 8th then...which are work days. eh?

6th to 8th, thats.. Wed-Thu-Fri.

I could take a day off.. not Friday. One of the other two.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:30 pm
Ok. Ill tell him no one had any suggestions.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:38 pm
Theyve got good mimes in Prague.. you could ask him if he'd be in for a research experiment?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 08:42 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I would have asked Calmity Jane but she is no longer talking to me.

I just said you're harmless. It doesn't mean I am no longer talking to you -
tststs, I always do and will.

I'm heading to Prague myself in a few weeks, haven't been there before,
so I can't give your friend any suggestions.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 12:23 am
Well... gus....
To make this shorter:

dive pubs or lounges?

4 star restaurants or, well, dive pubs with Czech greasy yet great food?

Ballet or crazy little off-the-beaten-path theatre?

There's choices for all worlds in Prague. I got to know a little more about your friend.

There used to be an old dive pub called Jama (Hole) right near the Wenceslass Square. THey used to have the best Vepro Knedlo Zelo (Pork Dumpling and Cabbage) on this planet. It must still be there, though probably a lot more touristy. Anyhow, my most favorite place was a squat near Troja Palace...bunch of Norweigean kids turned an old farm into a coop of sorts. They ran their own pub, gallery, worked on the farm. It was a lovely place. They were chased out though. But Troja is still nice to see.
I also love walking about the old Jewish quarter. There was a big flood in 2003. Some of it got damaged, but most remains. Who loves history needs to see Vysehrad, the cradle of the Czech nation.... there's tons to see and do.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 10:02 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Well... gus....
To make this shorter:

dive pubs or lounges?

4 star restaurants or, well, dive pubs with Czech greasy yet great food?

Ballet or crazy little off-the-beaten-path theatre?

There's choices for all worlds in Prague. I got to know a little more about your friend.

There used to be an old dive pub called Jama (Hole) right near the Wenceslass Square. THey used to have the best Vepro Knedlo Zelo (Pork Dumpling and Cabbage) on this planet. It must still be there, though probably a lot more touristy. Anyhow, my most favorite place was a squat near Troja Palace...bunch of Norweigean kids turned an old farm into a coop of sorts. They ran their own pub, gallery, worked on the farm. It was a lovely place. They were chased out though. But Troja is still nice to see.
I also love walking about the old Jewish quarter. There was a big flood in 2003. Some of it got damaged, but most remains. Who loves history needs to see Vysehrad, the cradle of the Czech nation.... there's tons to see and do.

I fired off that info, dag. I'm assuming they are already there but they may get the message in time and therefore have an opportunity to sample some of that Vepro Knedlo Zelo (Did I say that right?)

Anyway, thanks. I hope I have the opportunity to visit the city at some point; it sounds like a wonderful place.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:28 pm
Video for Dag
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 08:00 am
America on the way to perversion
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
Here is a video about a group of generic Christian laborers who work in a factory that manufactures...steam.

If you want to feel embarrassed, then THIS VIDEO is for you.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 07:17 pm
The problems with immigration:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b48_1184899579
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 09:39 am
A Nightmare from My Childhood
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 06:05 pm
The Floating Head by waverlyflams.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZkZWlAIG0w

Check out other videos by them, too.... funny stuff. or so i think.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfetdPWDtko
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:03 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
The Floating Head by waverlyflams.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZkZWlAIG0w

Check out other videos by them, too.... funny stuff. or so i think.

These guys are hysterical!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:30 am
Yep, they are.

This cracked me up today:

Harry Potter meets Nacho Libre

Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:23 am
This one made me laugh...though I could see myself doing something just like it - better him than me caught on video....

Head over heel
0 Replies