Jerry Falwell dead

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:53 am
Setanta wrote:
In fact, the thesis about Hitler would depend upon an assumption that Hitler is dead. I know of no reliable evidence that Hitler is dead, or that anyone has ever produced his earthly remains. But i'm sure Tico can enlighten us.

Another common assumption is that Hitler was born April 20, 1889. Which means that if he watched American Idol the night before last, he did so at 118 years of age.

And if you believe that I applaud you, for you've more faith than I.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:55 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:
In fact, the thesis about Hitler would depend upon an assumption that Hitler is dead. I know of no reliable evidence that Hitler is dead, or that anyone has ever produced his earthly remains. But i'm sure Tico can enlighten us.

Another common assumption is that Hitler was born April 20, 1889. Which means that if he watched American Idol the night before last, he did so at 118 years of age.

And if you believe that I applaud you, for you've more faith than I.

If you believe that through God ANYTHING is possible, then you have to believe that it is a possibility.

Unless you don't believe that God can do anything?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:56 am
I don't have any faith at all. I was just interested to know how you would prove that Hitler wasn't up late watching the teevee last night. Prove it, mind you, not just advance it as a plausible thesis.

I've got a million of 'em.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 12:22 pm
And I was just pokin' fun at the nominal christian's belief in life after death.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 01:22 pm
neologist wrote:
And I was just pokin' fun at the nominal christian's belief in life after death.

You mean the belief that no matter how many or how bad your sins were that you are still able to get into heaven by accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior......unless your Hitler, Karl Marx, Bill Clinton, or Michael Moore.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 09:10 pm
stlstrike3 wrote:
I think it is now appropriate to invoke The Celestial Teapot

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion..."

The assertion is, in fact, true....and there more than one. (paraphrasing Carolyn Porco)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 02:12 am
Eorl wrote:
stlstrike3 wrote:
I think it is now appropriate to invoke The Celestial Teapot

“If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion..."

The assertion is, in fact, true....and there more than one. (paraphrasing Carolyn Porco)

There certainly SHOULD be one.

(I used to have a teapot on a pillar in my garden)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 03:19 am
If it is still there, then it counts, at least some of the time.
0 Replies