Is the Postal Service run by the Democrats?

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:10 am
okie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
okie wrote:
I expected all you guys fun with this. If you love the Postal Service, wonderful, to each his own, but personally I have had more stuff slow and lost, by far, by sending with the Postal Service than any other service. This new rate setup is a bad one in my opinion, as confirmed by one of their own employees yesterday at the counter. Some of their little rules about what makes a mailing a letter, a flat, or whatever are actually quite hilarious. I do not predict it to last. If you guys love it, I am happy for you.

Yes, we all understand that Anecdotal Evidence trumps each and every form of Proof available.

It isn't that anyone loves the postal service (other than the band, who are not bad) but that you're so damned against this service, that, why, it's just too tempting not to argue against. You set yourself up for this sort of thing.

Cycloptichorn

When did I say I was against the service? The whole purpose of this thread was to point out that the recent rate setup, with all of its rules, is a bad one, and will not help the Postal Service compete. Instead of debating what was posted, everybody took the bait about the reference to Democrats, which was partly humor and partly serious and for the purpose of posting this on a political thread. Absolutely nobody addressed the specifics of the new rate setup, as to why they think it is so great and wonderful.

It was disengenuous. If you wanted to discuss postal rates and such, then why use political "bait" with which to do that?

If you wish to further "bait" individuals into these discussions, then don't complain when the outcome isn't what you wish it to be.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:11 am
My husband reached for me in the middle of the night....

I just mumbled...."I can't....the postal service...democrats....."

He sighed and said he understood.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 11:21 pm
The problems and complaints are only beginning:

A quote from the following link, that more or less summarizes the frustration:

"We're trying to figure it out," said Mario Amici, senior vice president of production, operations and project management. "The post office hasn't really explained this."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/13/mail.shape.ap/index.html

And this quote from the following also pretty much summarizes the whole mess:

There are so many different rates, it's confusing."

http://www.leelanaunews.com/blog/2007/05/16/postal-rates-rising-demand-for-forever-stamp-slow/
0 Replies