pain in stomach

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:15 am
i have a wierd on and off pain in my stomach area, on my right side right behind the 2nd to the bottom rib, Does anyone know offhand what it COULD or MIGHT be?

im goin to the doctor someday to get looked at, i might have diabetes if that could be part of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 882 • Replies: 9
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 11:48 am
Any time you have a pain, especially if you are worried about it, you should see your doctor. It is no use asking on web forums for answers for stuff like this. You will get answers that are wild guesses by people who know nothing. It could be bad, sure, but much more likely it is nothing - I get a pain like that if I have eaten spicy food especially if I had plenty of Tabasco. But I am not you, and my body is not your body so see your doctor!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:15 pm
Maybe you're pregnant. I am and have that same pain.....

:wink:
0 Replies

paintedtearz

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:05 pm
You need to get this pain checked out by your Doctor.I had a similar pain,just under the bottom rib and slightly to the right of the belly button,it came on with regularity 2 hours after eating.Got it thoroughly checked and I had a Duodenal Ulcer.Had it treated and it does not bother me any more.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:38 pm
Can you point directly to the painful area or is it a generalized ache? How long has this been going on? Any fevers? By your description it sounds like the area of your gallbladder.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:40 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Maybe you're pregnant. I am and have that same pain.....

:wink:

You're pregnant, Bella? Shocked

Congrats :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 09:42 pm
Oh, and I agree with all the others that say "see your doctor"! Always see your doc when your body is doing something it doesn't normally do.

I wouldn't wait.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:51 am
im not dumb enough to go by an internet post alone, but im just asking to see what other people might say.

I was actually thinking it could be an ulcer! thanks for the replies.
I hope its not expensive to take care of >.<
0 Replies

paintedtearz

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:24 am
OGIONIK It may or may not be an ulcer.If it was an ulcer,you would know because the pain is very acute and would only stop with stomach medication or especially drinking milk.When my pain was being investigated,they asked me if I had any backpain which I learned aftewards would be related to Gall Bladder problems.Do not be guided by this because you may have something not as serious as this.See your Doctor,you could have an intolerance to something you are eating.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:50 am
It really could be several things. If you were diabetic you would have symptoms such as being thirsty all the time, peeing a lot, etc.
I had pain in my stomache last year and after some testing they found I had acid reflux and a hiatal hernea.

Good luck and I hope it's nothing serious.
0 Replies