Oliver and Lucy - can you tell who is who???

Mame

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 10:46 pm
It's uncanny how similar they look in these photos... and at different ages. Did your kids have this similarity?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Pamela/LucyOliver-LookAlike.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 743 • Replies: 4
No top replies

aidan

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 12:46 am
They do look alike- and like very happy babies. Their features are very similar. Is their coloring similar as well- the baby on the right seems to have darker eyes. Is that Oliver?

My children didn't look like each other (one is biological/one is adopted) but I was told many times that they look like each other and also at various times that they both look like me.
I always just smiled and took it as a compliment (even though I knew logically it couldn't be true). Sometimes people see what they expect or want to see.

But in this case- I'd say they're pretty much ringers.
I'm happy for you Mame. Lucy looks like a beautiful and happy baby and I'm sure she brings you and your daughter and son-in-law a lot of joy.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 06:04 pm
Well, Lucy is on the left... and we thought she looked a bit like him, but when Denise sent me those photos I had to find the ones of Oliver because I was positive they were nearly identical. I was just so surprised because she doesn't look like him in person at all.

Maybe your adopted child does look more like you and your family than you think, Aidan. If the colouring is similar, it's possible. I have sisters who look nothing like me yet people always guess they're related. Go figure.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 07:09 pm
Lucy and Oliver do look alike, very much so, actually. How is the young
family doing, Mame? Is there a lot of anxiety when handling Lucy?

My daughter is always compared to me and even the ones who do know
that she's adopted can't get over the fact that she looks like me. Strangely
enough, she has even more resemblance to my mother. Nature sometimes has fun in playing games with us.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 08:07 pm
Hey CJ.... maybe some of the 'resemblances' are gestures (for older kids, of course) - they pick that stuff up so quickly!

THings are fine with them, thanks for asking. The coroners now think Oliver had cardiac arrythmia and so Denise and Greg took Lucy for a cardiac check up. Her heart seems fine so that's a load off. They're doing really well.

She loved that I put those pictures together because it keeps a tiny bit of Oliver around them. How can we ever forget, anyway?
0 Replies