Former Powell aide says Bush, Cheney guilty of 'high crimes'

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:23 am
Zippo wrote:
Brandon9000, here is a news flash!

CIA's final report: No WMD found in Iraq

Can you kindly grab hold of your ears and firmly pull your head...

Kindly read the thread before responding. We weren't arguing the likelihood that Saddam Hussein had WMD. We were arguing the consequences if he had someday acquired them. The two points can be discussed individually.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:29 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Kindly read the thread before responding. We weren't arguing the likelihood that Saddam Hussein had WMD. We were arguing the consequences if he had someday acquired them. The two points can be discussed individually.

Embarrassed - You are correct Brandon9000, i do apologize.

Do you admit now however, that Iraq did not have WMD's?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:32 am
Zippo wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Yes, however, that is now known only because we invaded. At the time we considered invading, it was unknown. At that time, we had to assess two factors: (1) the likelhood that SH was still hiding WMD development programs, and (2) the consequences if he did have such programs and they should come to fruition within the next few years. Only the combination of these two factors was a valid basis for deciding the seriousness of the threat.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 10:49 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Zippo wrote:

[size=25]Yes[/size]

Wow! This is a historical moment in the history of AK2. Laughing

Brandon has just admitted that Iraq did not have WMD's. All i can say is welldone! Drunk
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:03 am
Zippo wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Zippo wrote:

[size=25]Yes[/size]

Wow! This is a historical moment in the history of AK2. Laughing

Brandon has just admitted that Iraq did not have WMD's. All i can say is welldone! Drunk

Not my fault if you misunderstand my position. I haven't claimed that there is a serious chance that there are WMD in Iraq for years. For the past few years, my claim has consistently been that the status of Hussein's former development programs was unknown at the time of invasion, thus making the invasion reasonable based on what was known when it occurred. Your post implies, falsely, that I have claimed sometime within the past few years that Iraq had WMD at the time it was attacked. I have delivered the same message consistently since about 2004, and that isn't it. I wish that so many of the counters to my posts weren't based on misstatements of my position.
0 Replies