Hamster Dancin' Around the World

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:29 am
Penny was .... well, quite interested to watch the crowd watching the Cubs at Wrigley Field.

http://i18.tinypic.com/5xs242v.jpg

Afterwards some cool beers at the May Fest at Lincoln and LeLand Avenue

http://i11.tinypic.com/4u435aw.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:00 am
Abraham Lincoln's death bed ...

http://i15.tinypic.com/6c6ipu8.jpg

... and some 'dangerous' animals

http://i7.tinypic.com/4znp4yd.jpg

we saw in Chicago as well
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:13 am
Sometimes I got the vague idea that Penny didn't really like the art of transportation I could offer ...

http://i12.tinypic.com/6auj7k9.jpg

... especially when she looked at other offers

http://i13.tinypic.com/687k48j.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:21 am
A last look back to Chicago ... with many good impressions (some more will be on a cd)

http://i11.tinypic.com/4ka73hu.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 01:00 pm
Hooray for Penny and Walter!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 03:58 am
Penny and I had a delightful conversation in Boston. I wonder if photographic evidence of that will appear online? Smile
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 07:54 am
In Chicago, Penny had coffee with me and the legendary cicerone imposter.

http://i14.tinypic.com/4ykokex.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 08:08 am
jespah wrote:
Penny and I had a delightful conversation in Boston. I wonder if photographic evidence of that will appear online? Smile

Penny today joint me on my daily routine visit to my native town .... and is now laughing loud because I instelled my VISTA this morning and now have to re-install ALL my programs ...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 08:12 am
Have you and Thomas arranged anything? I think she'd have to be on her way to Eva by June 20th at the latest to get there by July ... oh, 4th. Make that June 19th, to get there by July 3rd. (July 4th is a holiday, Eva leaves July 5th.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 09:26 am
Will do that ... though there's nothing written in the book yet (wanted to clue in the one or other pic as well as perhaps some metrocard) ..... and about hundred photos have to be added ...

I'll write a bit in the book this weekend, make the/most photos later and will send them to you, soz, then.

So I could post Penny on Monday.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 09:28 am
Seems a bit late .... I might write a bit in the book tonight (hoping, I get where we've been and what we've done) and send all to Thomas tomorrow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:00 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Will do that ... though there's nothing written in the book yet (wanted to clue in the one or other pic as well as perhaps some metrocard) ..... and about hundred photos have to be added ...

To the book? Don't worry about that. Sozlet has already seen the pictures you've posted here, so a few representative ones are fine. Maybe the best one from each location. My thinking is that this thread is for photos, then the book is for people to write in (mostly), and then maybe bits and pieces of interesting (flat) items and ephemera. (Like cicada wings from JPB's invasion.) Emphasis on writing though, and definitely not intended to become a photo album.

Did everyone you saw on the trip have a chance to write in the book?

There will be another European leg so if there isn't time to send Penny to Thomas, you can just send her straight to Eva and then Thomas can see her on the European leg (either just before FreeDuck goes to Morocco or sometime after that).

Quote:
I'll write a bit in the book this weekend, make the/most photos later and will send them to you, soz, then.

That would be cool, I see this thread as the main repository though so no need, unless the ones you have in mind are different.

Thanks again for all the great pics!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:27 am
sozobe wrote:
My thinking is that this thread is for photos, then the book is for people to write in (mostly), and then maybe bits and pieces of interesting (flat) items and ephemera. (Like cicada wings from JPB's invasion.)

JPB can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Penny had an opportunity to actually eat some cicadas (plenty of protein).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:06 am
sozobe wrote:
My thinking is that this thread is for photos, then the book is for people to write in (mostly), and then maybe bits and pieces of interesting (flat) items and ephemera. (Like cicada wings from JPB's invasion.) Emphasis on writing though, and definitely not intended to become a photo album.

Did everyone you saw on the trip have a chance to write in the book?

There will be another European leg so if there isn't time to send Penny to Thomas, you can just send her straight to Eva and then Thomas can see her on the European leg (either just before FreeDuck goes to Morocco or sometime after that).

Thanks again for all the great pics!

Well, JPB wrote of course "her" pages.

It seems that I unfortunately didn't get your idea that everyone meeting her should write something in the book Embarrassed
(My only weak excuse is that I had to carry already enough Crying or Very sad )

Well, I'll send Penny to Thomas tomorrow morning.
(I've made only a few pics in my native town today, none around here Sad )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:09 am
Not sure if you caught that it might work better if you just go ahead and keep Penny until the 19th or so, and then send her directly to Eva... Thomas will have a chance for the European leg that will be happening later. (At least one more, maybe a couple more.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:09 am
sozobe wrote:
Quote:

That would be cool, I see this thread as the main repository though so no need, unless the ones you have in mind are different.

I think, I've made more than one hundred pics with Penny - not all worth looking in public :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:13 am
sozobe wrote:
Not sure if you caught that it might work better if you just go ahead and keep Penny until the 19th or so, and then send her directly to Eva... Thomas will have a chance for the European leg that will be happening later. (At least one more, maybe a couple more.)

Okay, that would let Penny recover from her jet-lag .... before she gets a new one ... [or should I buy her the Deluxe Jetlag Combat Kit: £299 ? :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:14 am
I'll "pm" you my mailing address, Walter.

Thanks for remembering, Soz!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:56 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
It seems that I unfortunately didn't get your idea that everyone meeting her should write something in the book Embarrassed(My only weak excuse is that I had to carry already enough Crying or Very sad )

Even though Walter forgot about the book, he was very gracious in introducing Penny to everybody. Walter told me: "Surely you already know about Penny from sozobe's thread." I bought Penny a cup of gourmet coffee. Cicerone Imposter watched Penny carefully because he was afraid she was going to fall into the cup. Afterwards, Penny offered to buy me a beer at the Cubs game. Unfortunately, I was unable to go to the game. The last I saw of Penny was when she got on a State Street trolley with Walter. Walter took very good care of Penny and right now I can not picture either of them without the other. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2007 12:01 pm
wandeljw wrote:
I bought Penny a cup of gourmet coffee. Cicerone Imposter watched Penny carefully because he was afraid she was going to fall into the cup.

Laughing

Yes, Walter has once again proven himself to be an exemplary host. :-)
0 Replies