Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:12 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
great to see Penny back in her old Union Square stomping grounds

looks like it was a great evening in the city
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:17 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
Penny is having such a good time Very Happy Clever little hamster!

Tsar... great shots

I love this...

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/tsarstepan/Pennys%20PreApocalyptic%20Friday%20Evening/IMG_2174.jpg

and this too...

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/tsarstepan/Pennys%20PreApocalyptic%20Friday%20Evening/IMG_2176.jpg

Penny, please give Tsar a hug from across the pond Wink

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:21 pm
@Izzie,
Thank you Izzie. I truly appreciate the appreciation especially from the source ( a great photographer). Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:48 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
Oh, I could see it in slide show this time. (I always have to click back to stare longer). Lovely to see the city and Penny at night. (I only saw it for a short time at night on my last trip, and before that.. not since I was a kid, and the major buildings weren't all lit like that when I was nine. Oh, wait, I saw it one evening in 1969, when I went out for a drink and then dinner with a childhood friend and her husband.)

Fun to see the Helmsley. What's the building below the Met PanLife bldg? Um, is the MetLife the old Pan Am building - 666 5th? or something like that. That's where old friend, her husband, and I, had that drink, at the top of the sixes.

Thanks for the show, you two.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 02:06 pm
@ossobuco,
The MetLife ... formerly known as the Pan Am building: 200 Park Ave.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 02:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, now I'm nice and confused, again. I know - or think I know - it was the Pan Am bldg, so maybe they just pointed out the top of the sixes (666 5th)..

I see it's the Grand Central bldg that's below MetLife.. duh, last time I saw it, I was looking at it from ground level, going in the door.. Gorgeous at night indeed.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:54 pm
NYC looks pretty good at night.

I love this shot:
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/tsarstepan/Pennys%20PreApocalyptic%20Friday%20Evening/IMG_2124.jpg

Looks like a good night was had by all!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:55 pm
Okay, so how is it I'm finding this thread now? Confused

Looks like fun! Laughing
Barry The Mod

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:36 am
@Reyn,
It's always fun when you're with The Penster.She puts a smile on every ones face.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:40 am
@Barry The Mod,
I'll report Penny's latest adventures (Friday's) after I get some sleep tonight.

Long day had by all parties involved!
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:47 am
@tsarstepan,
Uh oh. Maybe you should think about locking up the keyboard while you're napping.
PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 03:00 pm
@roger,
Hi guys!

Tsar left me at home this Thursday. Kind of miffed as he went to Brooklyn afterwork for a pastrami sandwich from Mile's End Deli. How rude! Mad

Then he went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in the movies without me. ((harumph!)) Claims that he wasn't planning on going to the movies that night.

Anyway, Friday was an eventful day with lots of walking!
http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/tsarstepan/Penny%20Friday%20the%2027/?albumview=slideshow
Took the Governor's Island ferry to Governor's Island. Walked around the mostly ghost town for several hours.

From there? Walked around Battery Park City and Tribeca. Then spent 4 and a half hours until the 11:15PM screening of Tree of Life.

Dined on a meal from Pakistan. Frozen yogurt from Red Mango. And a delicious veggie burger from Lucky's Famous Burgers.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 03:10 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
Next time, make him take you to the Shake Shack. Keep up the walking. You'll probably need it after spending time with the Tsar.
PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 03:12 pm
@roger,
I may have gained a 1/4 of a pound since I arrived here in NYC! Maybe I should go somewhere the food isn't so good next. Or not. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 03:12 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
Penny, tell us about the food from Pakistan, if you are so inclined.
PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 03:18 pm
@ossobuco,
It was a curry based stew on a bed of rice. Asked for the spicy lamb but we may have gotten spicy chicken instead. Doesn't matter. Still delicious. Not too spicy but it did make one's nose a bit runny.

It came with two vegetables: cabbage and peas and a dish of curried chickpeas.

The meal came to $8 (including soda and tax). SO it explains why a lot of taxi drivers eat there. Very cheap and very delicious.

The Pakistani Tea House is a well known award winning restaurant known for its cheap eats. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 04:21 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
My kind of place.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 09:38 pm
Penny, You are seeing a lot of wonderful things in this city. And eating well, too. I loved looking at all the pictures. You're very photogenic.
PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 08:33 pm
@Roberta,
Thank you Ms Roberta. I love this city very much! Very Happy

Here's the product of my busy day today!:

The only thing I don't like about photobucket is that they refuse to put the upload the photographs in the right order.

They always put the last photo first and the first photograph of the day to the last:
http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/tsarstepan/Pennys%20Tuesday%20June%207th/?albumview=slideshow
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 08:48 pm
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
Wow - I think that's the best tour yet. Have to look at it again - lots of buildings I like there, Penny. And it's good to see the High Line Park so well. (Those clever folks).
0 Replies