Hamster Dancin' Around the World

margo

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 12:57 am
you home yet, wabbit?

Just you wait until jetlag catches you.

s'OK for Penny - she just dozes all day...
Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 02:39 am
@margo,
Sooooooooooooo,what's happening with Penny's next trip?Is she going to Dadpad's friend Netty?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 07:58 pm
I'm waiting on advice, bids, etc.

In the interim, Penny can see some more of Sydney

Went to check out when Penny was last in Sydney around January - February 2008. Most of the links no longer work Crying or Very sad
NettieK

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 01:53 am
@margo,
Hi, just been contacted by dadpad, yay, I would love to have penny to visit, looking forward to showing her a bit more of rural Victoria.
dadpad

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 01:55 am
dont put your address here Nettie. fb it to me and I'll Pm it to margo
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 08:02 pm
@NettieK,
Nettie - are you ready for her now - or not until January?
NettieK

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:19 am
@margo,
well I have nothing really happening here, as in not going anywhere. I can show Penny around here but won't be going anywhere interesting as will soon be getting very busy for work. Post Offices tend to do that. At the end of January my hubby and I are going on a cruise around New Zealand so If she came after christmas I can double dip show here here and the cruise.
dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 04:49 am
Quote:
but won't be going anywhere interesting

Dont underestimate the interest in ordinary everyday Australian and rural way of life.
the most ordinary things to you me and margo are interesting to our OS counterparts nettie. Ordinary houses, streets, ordinary kitchens, trees, rivers their surrounds, the lakes swamps and marshes, school, shopping, takeaway food. None of them have seen salt scald or a deathridge wheel. I bet penny's never been to a cattle sale. the list is endless.
My daughters swedish host parents were incredibly interested about the leaves on trees here.
Communicating your excitement for the breaking of the drought.....

You do it your way though, whatever you want.
Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:54 am
@dadpad,
I second DP's emotions here.Special events ain't important.Going down to your local Cafe and having a bacon butty and a mug of tea,riding the local bus,a look at the local shops,plus a few pics,is!
NettieK

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 05:58 am
@dadpad,
Ok, send her, I am sure I can find something to entertain her. Actually Rural Australia doesn't have the hustle and bustle of the city but has a beauty all it's own and I will love to share with her.
sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 06:51 am
@NettieK,
Yes, I definitely agree that everyday life is interesting. Thanks for hosting!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 08:09 pm
She can come with me to "show and tell" on Sunday! She has her own stories to tell.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 08:15 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Thirding dadpad and Barry the Mod..
oops, fourthing..
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 08:38 pm
@NettieK,
Quote:
I can show Penny around here but won't be going anywhere interesting as will soon be getting very busy for work. Post Offices tend to do that.

I'd be very interested in the every day life at work at the Australian Post Office. Penny is a curious sort and would probably be diving into bins of letters and small packages to see all the interesting places things are being sent to. Penny has quite a collection of postage stamps from around the world and would love to see some of them on the job. She'd probably also have a great time on the route with one of your mail carriers too. There would be some mighty fine sightseeing for a hamster along the way.
0 Replies

PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 08:49 pm
@NettieK,
<pant>

<pant>

<pant>

I hope I'm not too horribly late ...

Happy Birthday NettieK !!!

I'm so looking forward to spending some time visiting with you - and helping you teach everyone else about life as you know it (my fav movie title lately)

NettieK

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:03 am
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
I loved the video thankyou. Really gave me a huge smile.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:19 am
@PennyAroundTheWorld,
Quote:
Happy Birthday NettieK !!!

It's your birthday, Nettie?

Here, a bunch of birthday flowers from me to you! Very Happy

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKylVcQVnRXzny2AZycc8ofaZ2oE9MVJ2Z7l9Y9Ynm_BAdcg0&t=1&usg=__N9r3NCdr-GhdY2yZqOeP1RockfE=

Looking forward to seeing what Penny gets up to when she visits you!

`
NettieK

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:34 am
@msolga,
lol, msolga would you believe purple is my fav colour. Thanks for the flowers. My birthday was actually yesterday 14th but with all these time zones it keeps going. Thanks msolga xx
msolga

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:36 am
@NettieK,
My pleasure, Netty.
Happy birthday for yesterday, then! Smile
(Glad I accidentally got the colour right. I love purple too.)
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 04:17 am
@NettieK,
Hope I'm not too late....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78l28tcIE0
Happy birthday NettieK (spelled it right this time Embarrassed )
0 Replies