Hamster Dancin' Around the World

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:54 pm
Laughing This is so cute.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:02 am
In the Wicked Big Apple Walter was a stern chaperone and guardian for Penny. Penny was not allowed to hang over the rail on the Staten Island Ferry or touch the exhibits at the Indian museum or ride the merry-go-round in Bryant's Park.

She was forbidden to sample the Roaring Twenties. Walter refused to allow her to chat with the jazz band (or pose with a trumpet) or take dancing lessons from flappers or sample shish-kabob from the concession stand.

Mind you, Walter is a clever photographer. Through artful posing he arranged many opportunities for Penny to view local festivities from afar. Penny did not seem fearful or down trodden. She made several unsolicited, artless comments about Walter's kindness and thoughtfulness --and the spacious comfort of his camera bag--which was as large or slightly larger than the rest of his luggage.

Perhaps further along in Penny's travels when she's a bit more sophisticated she'll have a chance to practice The Charleston.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:28 am
Wonderful! :-)

I just realized that what has been mentally categorized as "long trip with Walter, don't need to think about Penny for a while" is drawing to a close. Will Penny be going to Thomas next? I think we'd talked about room for maybe one more visit between Thomas and Eva before she goes to PR, I don't remember if anyone's name came up, though..?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:53 am
sozobe wrote:
Will Penny be going to Thomas next?

Makes sense. Assuming that customs don't notice all those drugs that Walter will smuggle in the inside of Penny, I'll be the closest station to send her to after Walter's trip.

sozobe wrote:
I think we'd talked about room for maybe one more visit between Thomas and Eva before she goes to PR, I don't remember if anyone's name came up, though..?

I don't remember either. Have you kept track which other Europeans wanted to host Penny? I haven't. As far as I am concerned, I'll happily send Penny anywhere you tell me to.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:55 am
There's a European swath, but not sure if it makes sense to go to only one or two of them, and then back for another European tour... I'll go back and refresh my memory, just a sec...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:02 am
OK, Eva's leaving for PR on July 5th -- let's just keep it to Thomas, and then Thomas sends Penny to Eva, for now. (Can take a while to travel from Germany.)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:06 am
Just checking -- another way to avoid multiple Atlantic-crossings would be an America (plus PR) tour before the Europe tour. Might that work? Or has Walter already brought Penny back to Germany?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:12 am
I think Walter's going home to Germany tomorrow, and really wanted to bring Penny back with him. The American tour can happen after Eva gets back from PR.

So Penny's route will be:

Columbus (me)
Chicago (JPB, then Walter)
Boston (Walter)
New York (Walter)
Germany (Walter, then Thomas)
Tulsa (Eva)
Puerto Rico (Eva)
Tulsa (Eva)

Then as-of-yet-unnamed American tour this summer (July, August, September), then Canadian fall tour, winding up with ehBeth, who will go to Europe. Probably a European leg will kick off there, then back to FreeDuck by Christmas or so to go to Morocco.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 08:16 am
Cool!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:36 am
After PR, we'll be going to Dallas later in July, then to Seattle on July 27. Maybe I could hand off Penny at one of those places (and meet an A2Ker in the process???)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:22 pm
Too clever, Soz. Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:16 pm
I'll be back on Thursday .... and the ealiest time to send Penny somewhere would be Friday.

I would really like to show Penny around where I live (she's really waiting to see that by now!).

Besides, I'm going along the Rhine valley the other weekend ... not sure, if the time frame allows Penny to see that as well. :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:18 pm
Pnny just told me to post her best wishes to sozlet .... and that her tour had been very educationally as well as that she'd had a lot of fun until now (she's a bit afraid right now due to some thundering). :wink:

And on the NY-thread Noddy24 wrote:
Walter (although his Care for Penny verged occasionally on over-protectiveness) ... New York never sleeps and neither did Walter's camera ...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:46 pm
Don't forget about those of us in New Mexico who would love to host Penny. Dys and I might be able to take her on a camping trip in some glorious scenery either in the desert or the mountains and I know Osso so loved meeting Rocky that she is looking forward to Penny.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 02:00 pm
Dys never liked Penny. Just ask him.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 02:50 pm
Penny does like dys (necause he likes animals, I told her) she said ... and she is quite excited just now for going to the bar with men shortly.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:26 pm
Smooches to Walter. Pfffffttt to Thomas! Harumph!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 08:08 am
So this the first photo I've taken of Penny (Chicago, we had left Berghoff's [in the background]) ...

http://i12.tinypic.com/61ovghd.jpg

... and this is the end of my and Penny's US-tour getting in my car here at my local airport:

http://i7.tinypic.com/5zfzoef.jpg

More photos from our US-tour will follow soon: I need a shower etc, and Penny has got a jetlag.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 08:33 am
So, here's Penny on her way downtown early in the morning:

at first by car ...

http://i10.tinypic.com/5zp6p2u.jpg

... and then walking

http://i11.tinypic.com/4klcxg4.jpg
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
So this the first photo I've taken of Penny (Chicago, we had left Berghoff's [in the background]) ...

They reopened the Berghoff's? One more reason to visit Chicago again!
0 Replies