Hamster Dancin' Around the World

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 01:41 pm
Penny arrived in California safely, despite the gripes about the travel accommodations. She did, however arrive on the day I was leaving California so we picked her up on the way to the airport and only got a few San Diego pictures in before Penny and I had to catch our plane.

We arrived in Costa Rica last night, and Harry (my dog) was excited to have a visitor. Penny's a bit nervous about Harry so she's hanging out out of his reach while I unpack and unwind.

She has jetlag so she's cool with it. Harry wants to play hide and seek though...
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:52 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Harry claims Penny is the one who pooped in the kitchen. Can you ask sozlet if Penny is potty trained? I don't believe Harry and Fiona tells me he's telling a fib.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:57 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Silly, Penny leaves no poop. She is totally hygienic, as she has poopscoop and floop powers built into her lower chassis.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:58 pm
@ossobuco,
You sure? It was pretty small and Harry seemed adamant.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 12:06 am
@Robert Gentel,
I'm sure. Penny is Floop equipped.

Now, on the other hand, if Harry found poop across the room, I'd have to wonder.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 06:03 am
@Robert Gentel,
Sozlet says, "Actually, when I got her, she was potty trained, so... sorry Harry."
dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 07:11 am
@sozobe,
Penny was a scrupulous user of the litter tray when she was here.

Harry is a goddamm liar.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 07:55 pm
@sozobe,
I see Sozlet inherited your sense of humor. Good for her!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 07:21 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Penny's been in Costa Rica a while now. She's been a good sport about me being too busy to take her around town but that might just be because of all the animals around the house. She hasn't made friends with Harry because he barked at her when she first arrived and Fiona's playing it cool and ignoring her.

But today she met Tri, an Angel fish named after one of my good friends. Angel fish may well be the tropical aquarium fish with the most personality, and they will follow you as you move around the tank. Penny learned this first hand today and Tri came right up to her to check her out and followed her around as she inspected the tank. Here are some pictures of Tri and her meeting for the first time.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7785/img1871sj3.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3694/img1872sb1.jpg

It rains a lot these days in Costa Rica (the underground parking flooded up to the doors of my car) and with the power and water outages we've been having, and the car being broken we've had a lot going on and haven't had much chance to go outside.

Penny told me to send this picture of the living room view to show you a bit about where she is staying:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6637/img1870lk4.jpg

When things calm down a bit and weather permits, I promised Penny she can take Harry for a walk sometime out there.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 07:29 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Gads, that's beautiful..

(My basement flooded in northern california a few times.. the water coming up from the drain to the storm drain..)

Penny looks peaceful, and enchanted with Tri.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 09:08 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Is all of Costa Rica as lovely as that, or did you guys pick a specially lovely bit? That view is stunning, and your place looks great, too. It must be a pleasure working from home, and you'd not feel all shut in and such even if you can't get out a lot.

Is that a cat tower thing Fiona is standing on?
If so, it's the least worst cat tower thing I have ever seen, (and the damn cat looks good, too...for a fluff ball).

Any chance you could take a good photo of it?

margo

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 09:15 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yep - I had no Penny-Poop problems at my place. And if it was going to happen, it surely would have been when Possum first loomed over her!
dadpad

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 02:36 am
@margo,
I wonder if sozlet knows where costa rica is exactly. I sure dont.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 02:39 am
@dadpad,
I bet she's gettin a real education in geography.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:38 am
@margo,
Hey, Margo.....it even RAINS there and stuff!
dadpad

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:34 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
RAINS

whassat?
sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:07 am
@Robert Gentel,
I didn't know that about angel fish. May be a good step up from snails. (Snails are more interesting than I expected though, I have to say.)

That's a wow view alright. Fiona seems to be enjoying it.
littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:20 am
@dadpad,
It's in the skinny part of the Americas.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:24 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert....I plan on visiting Costa Rica in February/March for my wedding. Do you have any suggestions for a first time Costa Rica traveler? It sounds like you have a lot of experience traveling there.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:36 am
@maporsche,
Sure, just start a topic about it and make sure to tag it Costa Rica and I'll answer any questions I can.
0 Replies