Hamster Dancin' Around the World

fishin

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:51 pm
I could maybe be a hamster host at some point. Slide me in the line-up wherever.

*I wonder how well hamsters work as bait....* Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:49 pm
Great! I will take Penny to the beach and buy her a pina colada. Better yet, I will take her to the restaurant that invented the pina colada. It's just around the corner from my hotel. (back with a link)

Soz...should I "pm" my mailing address to you or Thomas or....???
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:59 pm
www.barrachina.com
(click on the "restaurant" tab at the bottom for a slideshow of the place)

I was there last summer, very briefly. Definitely going back.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:35 am
dagmaraka wrote:
dadpad wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
All right then.

Cambodia is still an offer to fill in whenever there's a few weeks. From there it's only a stone's throw to Australia.... just think of the possibilities!

You'd want a good arm!

you're wrong, dadpad. i'd want a handsome man with a strong arm! the sooner the better, in fact.

Well - you could bring him to Oz, Dag!....

Although this is the gay capital of Oz - so I'll leave it to dadpad to find the good looker - must be some among those mountain men where he comes from!

Just how old is this Penny, anyway. Should she be drinking!??? Alcoholic drinks, I mean! It may be setting a bad example for Sozlet! Sozlet! Sozzled??? Hmmmm!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 03:31 pm
Penny's on her way!

Sent her off to JPB today, should be there by Thursday.

Below: Rocky regales Penny with stories of his adventures...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/sozobe/RockyandPenny.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 03:37 pm
I hope, she doesn't get spoiled - will be a hard time travelling with me later on :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 03:44 pm
Eva wrote:
Great! I will take Penny to the beach and buy her a pina colada. Better yet, I will take her to the restaurant that invented the pina colada. It's just around the corner from my hotel. (back with a link)

Soz...should I "pm" my mailing address to you or Thomas or....???

Don't worry about it yet... we'll figure out who will be sending Penny to you, and then you can PM that person your mailing address. Right now Thomas seems likely, but let's give it a bit more time to see what shapes up for the period between Walter returning to Germany and you leaving for PR. (Sounds soooo nice...!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:44 pm
I'm looking forward to meeting Penny when Walter gets back to New York in a few weeks.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:17 pm
sozobe wrote:
Penny's on her way!

Sent her off to JPB today, should be there by Thursday.

Awwwww, she's adorable!!!

Penny arrived safely today, I'll turn her over to Walter next week.

we're going to enjoy her in the meanwhile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:19 pm
Penny is such a cutie!!! Not that Rocky isn't also a cutie. He's more suavo.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:20 pm
Yay!

Have fun!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 10:55 pm
Fine!

(There won't be any pics of Penny until I'll return, btw.)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 02:22 pm
Penny has survived the threat of being dinner to three very large cats quite well. Actually, I think she rather enjoyed taunting and teasing them from the safety of the top shelf of the bookcase. The boys would sit at the bottom of the bookshelf and stare up or circle round trying to figure out the best way to get to her. She looked quite smug looking down on them.

I'll take her downtown with me tonight and she can join us at dinner (vs being considered the main course) after which she'll be in Walter's very capable charge.

It's been a pleasure to begin the journey!

Happy travels, Penny.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 01:35 pm
UPDATE

Penny had breakfast with me, Walter, and C.I. this morning on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. (Walter took a photo.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 01:48 pm
Yay!

I know Walter won't be able to post photos until he gets home, but does anyone else have a camera?

(I did enjoy JPB's word-picture..!)
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 01:54 pm
sozobe,

C.I. is with Walter right now. C.I. has his camera (of course). They will be visiting JPB later today. C.I. usually posts photos faster than Walter. C.I. will also return to his home long before Walter is finished with his U.S. trip.

(by the way, penny seems to like those flavored gourmet coffees. i don't care for them myself.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:04 pm
Penny is wellknown all over the places by now :wink:

(Seriously, I/d never thaught how frequently stuffed animals seem to travel around the world - but none even so far as Penny is joining me :wink: )

The best photos I've made are those with Penny.
And correct, soz, I won/t post them before I/ve returned and "developped" the data (I/m photographing "raw data".

But be assured, Penny is well looked after and she likes it (Is in bed already. so I'll have a first stroll through the neighbourhood here by my own - tomorrow we'll be on an 8 hours bus tour, together.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:09 pm
Looks like Penny is having a great old time :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:09 pm
I can't wait to see the pictures, Walter! :-)

Has everyone been making entries in the book, too?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:55 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The best photos I've made are those with Penny.

Did you ask her if she's comfortable seeing her photo on the web?
0 Replies