A dilemma...this time not about my husband

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 07:01 pm
Ok, im going to try and be as clear as I can in telling you what is going on with me right now but it really is as crazy as it sounds so bare with me. Over the past two months I have been working on campus at the school because I was the spot light operator for one play and I am directing my own play that went up today. I have been spending 14 hours a day at school every single day in rehearsals and working other shows as well as going to school at the same time. I come home around 1:00 in the morning and just want to pass out. If I didn't absolutly love what I did then I would be doing it. It also gives me an excuse to get away from my husband.

So over the past two months I have undergone a complete change in myself. I can feel it and I feel better about myself. A few people on the campus who I consider friends I have told about my failing marriage. On one of the shows I was working on apparently a guy that also was working on the same show became interested in me. He has been pursuing me now for two months. Though it is flattering, I am not interested. I have told him I am not available and he keeps on pursuing. There is another guy on campus that also feels the same way towards me. They both have been pursuing me. So if we include the guy that I talked about that has been pursing me for years and is my husbands enemy, this makes three. Unfortunatly it doesn't end here.

My really good friends' (jeff) brother (james) is in a fraternity with my husband (mark). Through the frat I met many people. One of which happend to be a good friend (jason) of my friends' (jeff) brother (james). All of us are mutual friends and we do lots of couple things together. My husband (mark) and I (kat), my friend (jeff), my friend's brother (james) and his wife (zana), and my friend's (jeff) brother's (james) friend (jason) and his girlfriend (liz) who is now his fiance. I hope that wasn't too confusing. So I sent out a text message to everyone including Jeff, James, Liz, Zana, Jason asking them if they were planning on seeing my play on Thursday night. I get a message back from Jason and to make a long story short, he pretty much tells me his feelings for me. He said he has always wanted me. First of all, he is engaged to a girl I happen to really like, and I'm married....ish. Plus, it's now going to be weird because all of us hang out on Saturdays and play poker and its going to be sooo akward now. I had no idea he had these feelings for me, but I just don't feel the same way about him because he is kind of a dick.

Ok...so now I have four guys after me at the same time and the one guy that does have me I don't want. To make matters even worse, I have a major crush on someone at my college who also is one of my actors (we are all the same age). This is a major crush.... and for the first time in a LONG time I was jealous when I saw him flirting with a girl and they had their hands all over each other.

For some reason this always happends to me. I always get four or five guys that I don't like pursing me while the one I want doesn't notice me. That is how I got my husband. I chased after him for four years while like four guys liked me at the same time and couldn't get me. Now I don't want my husband (which you all know by now) and I am really attracted to this other guy but I have 4 guys chasing me.

It's not like I ask for this, I don't go around and flirt with guys, I'm too shy to flirt. I don't know what it is. Why do they always go after me at the same time and why is it so damn hard to get the guy I really want?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 751 • Replies: 8
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 08:11 pm
First -- does it need saying to extricate yourself from your marriage before you pursue any of this? No? Good.

Because, for someone trying to get OUT of a problematic situation, you sure seem to be looking for trouble.

That said, it doesn't surprise me that more than one person would be attracted at a time. It's happened to me, I've seen it happen to other people. Several reasons, among them the fact that knowing someone is attracted to you makes you more attractive. (Extra spring in your step, bigger smiles, etc.) If you tend to not get the one you're going after, it also likely has something to do with you being too intense/ overeager/ something when you're attracted to someone.

But, of course, this is moot, because you're going to extricate yourself from your marriage before you pursue any of this.

Right?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:24 pm
Echoing sozobe.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 09:56 pm
Echoing ossobuco
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:08 am
I agreed long ago that if anything were to happen between us that I would call it off first before pursuing. But now a part of me feels like if that opportunity arrose I would definatly want to take it. I don't think I would go as far as sex but making out maybe. I think I have just been so desperate for love and affection that I want someone to fill that gap. But it's not like I am lusting over just any guy. I happen to lust only after one man at a time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:45 am
Echoing Sozobe.

Be sure you're off with the old love
Before you're on with the new.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:53 am
Echoing Sozobe, ossobuco, stuh and Noddy
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 11:06 am
Echo...echo...echoing.

In the meantime, help yourself. You've got fantasy material, some productive outlet for yourself in your play and theater.

A good time to practice self control and pleasing yourself, methinks.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 04:52 pm
Just looked up co-dependent in the dictionary. Kit Kat's picture is next to it.
Sorry for the slam, but kit kat's life needs serious intervention.

KKB, you say this thread is not about your husband, neither were any of the others, they are about YOU. Can't you SEE that?

You will never have a loving relationship until you get help for YOU!
0 Replies