"Gun-free zone" College List?

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:31 am
Does anybody have any sort of a published list of colleges and universities which have declared themselves to be "gun-free zones(TM)"?

In other words, a list of colleges and universities for high school grads concerned about survival to avoid?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 461 • Replies: 10
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:39 am
I think all of them have.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 11:03 pm
All California public colleges, that's for sure. As an Air policeman in the 70's I had to turn in my sidearm at the UCSC gate to visit some buddies. Eight hours later, several sheets to the wind, I got it back.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:53 am
Adding that to the list of reasons for avoiding California is adding one more drop of water to the ocean.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 06:57 am
A 2003 survey by the Alliance for Justice, a Washington, D.C., advocacy group, showed that 82 of 150 of the biggest universities in the country ban all firearms on campus. All of the rest placed restrictions on firearms. Private universities and colleges can generally ban guns on their campuses, because of their rights as private landowners.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 07:15 am
I believe that Utah is the only state that has colleges that allow guns on campus.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 08:15 am
One thing I do hear on the news is that sales of firearms in and around Blacksburg have skyrocketed since the shooting. If you assume that at least some of these sales have been to students, then you have to assume that some people have decided to simply no longer obey the law requiring them to be defenseless targets whenever any sort of sh** happens., and I would guess that the same is happening elsewhere.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 09:30 am
gungasnake wrote:
One thing I do hear on the news is that sales of firearms in and around Blacksburg have skyrocketed since the shooting.

Any source for what you hear?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 5 May, 2007 10:47 am
Just WMAL. Listen long enough and you might hear it again.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 01:23 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
A 2003 survey by the Alliance for Justice, a Washington, D.C., advocacy group, showed that 82 of 150 of the biggest universities in the country ban all firearms on campus. All of the rest placed restrictions on firearms. Private universities and colleges can generally ban guns on their campuses, because of their rights as private landowners.

When I was in college,
we had a nice competitive rifle team.

Around the First World War,
Congress created the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice,
headed by the Director of Civilian Marksmanship,
who encouraged gunnery practice,
and sold us low cost war surplus guns.

I got a mint condition .30 caliber M-1 Carbine, still in the original cosmolene for $20
and a .45 caliber Colt 1911 automatic pistol for $12.
David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 01:27 pm
There shud be a lot more GUNSMITHING courses
readily available; ( I KNOW that there already are, but there shud be MORE )
so that more citizens 'd MAKE their own guns,
just exactly as thay like them; custom jobs.
David
0 Replies