Help with Understanding Sir Isaiah Berlin

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:45 pm
If anyone has read "Churchill and Roosevelt" by Sir Isaiah Berlin (from Winston Churchill in 1940) could you please explain:

1. According to Berlin, who are the great imaginary minds of each of the two great wars, WWI and WWII? What's the difference between the two groups?

2. What according to Berlin, are the differences between Roosevelt and Churchill? How do both show imagination?

3. How do their imaginations fuse "isolated beliefs"

4. In what ways does Roosevelt represent an "American" attitude? Can you discern any reason for the difference in American and British attitudes?

~~Thanks so much

Edit [Moderator]: Moved from "General" to "History"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 796 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Eva

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:55 pm
A2K is not meant to be a resource for homework. Sorry, perhaps you should read the book yourself.
0 Replies

burberrygirl

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 06:26 pm
Reply to Eva
First of all Eva, I did do the reading assignment, and I was hoping that a generous soul would help me understand the questions provided. Maybe you should reconsider your bitter attitude.

Thanks!!
0 Replies