Immigrants plan new "May Day" rallies

Advocate

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 03:48 pm
I have listened to him and, indeed, agree with him on some things. But the statement I mentioned seems to indicate brain damage.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 03:54 pm
((you do know I am messin' with you about this Tancredo thing, right?))
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:34 pm
A new law in congress provides:

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the
schools, no special ballots for elections, and all government
business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter
how long they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political
office.

4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No
welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor any other government
assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be
an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will
be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not
allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for
citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no
waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no "bad-mouthing"
our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent
home .

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be
hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say ?... I was joking about this being pending in congress.

The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of MEXICO
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:54 am
What the heck!

Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:37 PM
Subject: WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING HERE!!!!!?????

Does anyone out there even remember what the word EQUAL means???
What the Heck is happening to OUR COUNTRY????
Rec'd this today from an email buddy - Outrageous----
I am hoping you have the opportunity to read this email regarding the
utter frustration we as English-speaking Americans experience on a daily
basis. Hopefully, this will go beyond just an email
This is an experience that happened to my wife today, April 1, 2007, in
Denver County Traffic Court, Denver, Colorado . . .
She had to appear in traffic court as a result of a speeding ticket. She
was speeding and knew she would have a fine to pay.We have no problem
with that.
The rest of the court experience, however, is something we should all
stand up and take exception to and ask what is happening to the United
States?
She was asked to be in court by 4:30PM today, with
which she complied. However, when she got there, it was announced
that all non-English speaking persons with traffic violations would be
taken care of first. The reasoning being that the interpreter leaves
every day at the same time and does not stay late. So a reward for not
speaking English is one gets to go the front of the line.
Next, the non-English speaking individuals do not
have driver's licenses or insurance. Never was it asked why they did not
have licenses, what they were doing to get licenses or insurance. What
they were given for driving without a license was a $35 fine. Since many
of them did not have $35 they were also given payment terms. So, they
are granted another reward for not having the money to pay the fines.
My wife, who was born in Denver, Colorado, raised
here, and lived here all her life, was given a $249 fine for her
speeding ticket, was not given payment terms, and had to wait until all
the non-speaking, aliens were treated first.
If I understand this correctly:
Let's never require the non -English speaking individuals who live in
this country to learn English.
Let's never require they become citizens of this United States of
America.
Let's never require them to ever get driver's licenses and pray they
never kill someone on the road with their driving.
Let's never require they get automobile insurance, so that all of us
who
do will pay higher and higher premiums.
Let's make sure that those of us who do get injured by these
individuals pay higher and higher health insurance premiums.
Let's make sure those who can pay their fines, pay big ones to
subsidize all those $35 fines on payment plans.
Let's make sure we never inconvenience them and let's never
inconvenience the interpreters in this country who may have to work
late.
Our Country is eroding every day right before our
eyes. No country in the world has ever survived having 2 major
languages. We are heading down that path.
Respectfully, John DiNardo
14476 East Caley Ave.
Aurora, Colorado 80016
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:40 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Illegal immigrants and their legal friends and progeny marching to protest what? Enforcement of our laws? I am happy to march to advance enforcement of our laws. I heard one protester, in tears, explain that her illegal immigrant uncles and cousins are not animals, they are human beings.

Classic mindless liberal rhetoric.

Of course they are human beings. They are human beings breaking the law of a nation that prides itself as being ruled by LAW!

If your Uncle Jose or Cousin Maria breaks a law, it matters little as to their origins or your politics.
Agreed.

It is my opinion that the leaders of these movements need to improve their PR skills, if they intend to sway public opinion on this matter. Marching on behalf of people who are here illegally and demanding that they be made legal residents (if that is, in fact, a demand) seems counterproductive. Of course, just like you, I often wonder myself just what exactly is being protested.

However, I must admit that I have a bias outlook on this matter. I see faces that are very similar to my own; poor people who have been the victims of historical injustices and obvious poor economic policies by those in power. So, I "naturally" have sympathy for a people who are simply trying to better the horrible hand they have been dealt; many have been born into a life of inescapable poverty. No rational person could blame them for breaking laws in order to better their lives and those of their children. Of course, at the same time, no one can blame a people who want to retain their sovereignty by not relinquishing immigration policy to foreigners and their domestic supporters and who simply ask that people respect and honor the laws of the land.

However, I am reminded of a letter written to the editor of the LA Times. A reader wrote that he was driving along one day when a SUV sped past him with a bumper sticker that read: "Illegal Immigration: The Law is the Law." He wrote that he immediately slowed down to obey the speed limit. Many people who stand on their moral high-ground and fault "illegals" for breaking the law and who claim to look at this simply as a matter of law are often frequent law-breakers themselves. How many of them offer complete discloser on their taxes, come to a full stop at a stop sign, cross streets only at crosswalks? It seems rather hypocritical for one to break any law to then turn and demand that others obey a system for which they themselves have repeatedly shown contempt. Of course, that isn't a "real" reply to the charge of disobeying US immigration laws. But I can't help but wonder if the uproar over illegal immigration and the claimed disgust over the disregard of laws would be as fervent if many of the faces of the so-called illegals were white rather than brown. I tend to think that it would not. The law is the law and is written without regard to color, but when comes to on whom it has has enforced, it has been and is often a matter of skin color.

I find that I am a proponent of a very liberal immigration policy; one which would legally allow for willing-workers from any nation to come here and meet and negotiate wages with willing-employers. Now obviously, this would be a great boon to Mexican nationals as Mexico is nation filled with low- and semiskilled laborers who are obviously in high demand here and Mexico enjoys geographic proximity to this job-market. Making such a policy would ostensibly satisfy those who claim to be wedded to the idea of always obeying laws and most of the pro-immigrant crowd who are open to reason.

Anyway, I'm just throwing out ideas that popped into my head. I had not planned on writing this much; it's early and I have not had breakfast. I had just planned on saying I share Finn dAbuzz's bewilderment over what is the objective of these protests.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 02:56 pm
Mexica
What most of the people of your persuasion fail to point out is the fact that when law breakers are caught for speeding and breaking other laws they expect to be punished. We don't demand that the law be changed to accommodate us. Perhaps you would be happier if there were no laws of any kind.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:59 pm
rabel122,

Actually, I'd be happy if people of your persuasion were less inclined to extrapolate moronic conclusions from a post that suggested nothing of what you posted. Nowhere did I suggest or imply that laws ought not be respected or enforced, nor did I say or imply that those who violate ought to go unpunished. That is the product of a either a mind that has failed to obtain the most rudimentary level of reading comprehension or one who is bent on dishonesty by ascribing beliefs and opinions to proponent of ideas with which you are in disagreement.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:00 pm
Mexica
You stated that one is a hypocrite if they break a law and at the same time insist that others follow the law. You therefore are stating that it is ok to break the law because others do so. I can read and reason from what I read quite well without trying to insult the intelligence of others unlike you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:09 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Mexica
What most of the people of your persuasion fail to point out is the fact that when law breakers are caught for speeding and breaking other laws they expect to be punished. We don't demand that the law be changed to accommodate us. Perhaps you would be happier if there were no laws of any kind.

Rabel...people who are caught for speeding are given a fine. Then they are allowed to go back again to driving.

This is amnesty.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:08 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Mexica

Rabel...people who are caught for speeding are given a fine. Then they are allowed to go back again to driving.

This is amnesty.

Actually,no its not.
If it was amnesty,then the hypothetical speeder would not be fined or get any other type of sanction for violating the law.
If the speeder pays a fine,that is a punishment.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:49 pm
rabel22 wrote:
I can read and reason from what I read quite well....

Clearly, you cannot--or at least, did not.

Nowhere did I suggest or imply that people who break any law should go unpunished; that is a fictional conclusion attributed to my post by your mind.

Highlighting an obvious hypocrisy is not the same thing as "stating that it is ok to break the law because others do so." Your post smacked of utter ignorance and stupidity. Suggesting that I'd be "happier if there were no laws of any kind" based on my initial post indicates to me that your reading comprehension skills are substandard, or you engaged in sophistic tactics--perhaps a combination of the two.

If you're insulted by me characterizing your extrapolations as idiotic, you have only yourself to blame. For, it is your inability to comprehend straightforward prose and your propensity to infer silly and erroneous conclusions that is insulting.
0 Replies