Hubby Is Quitting!

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 03:19 pm
Bella--

Are you surviving. Is your daughter all-awash with hormones of High Maternal Reactions?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 03:24 pm
It's ok today.

I think it will be an ebb and flow type deal.
And i should just back off for a bit to allow us both room to breathe.

No sense in causing an arugment...I know he's cranky and he knows I am pregnant so for the next week, I think we'll just love in passing.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 09:18 am
He asked me not to ask him how it was going.

But I know that he is almost at the end of the 2nd week and he is still smoking. Sad

I suspect it is much less than before but I know he had high hopes for being smoke free by now.

I just hope he doesn't get discouraged and quit trying. I tried to tell him that just because "everyone else" was able to quit after 4 days, doesn't mean he will be able to.

And the one time he did update me on progress, he told me he had good and bad news. Good news being he was down to 4-5 smokes a day (from 3/4 of a pack a day) bad news being he was at the end of his first week and still smoking. I encouraged him and told him it was good news no matter what because he was smoking less and that was the most important part of quitting...smoking less and then not at all.

Just wanted to vent and update. Today is rainy and despite a great doctors appointment, I am feeling a little blue.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 08:56 pm
Bella, you are both in such....I don't know how to say it.....touchy places right now; he's trying to quit smoking, you're pregnant...yikes!
The stress is probably palpable in your house.
Just give him some space, I'm sure he'll succeed. Smile

I'm glad you had a great doctor's appt......and, you know what they say
The sun'll come out tomorrow!
0 Replies

kdbug

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 05:26 pm
chantix hubby
Bella Dea-please update on chantix husband for this frantix wife. Mine stopped 10 days ago but now the mood is out of this world angry. Did this last long at your house?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 06:01 pm
About 6 weeks when Bear quit 16 years ago. We were all miserable and wanted to just cram a pack down his throat to make him stop. It was right after last cub was born so I had a newborn preemie, a 2 year old, a special needs 8 year old and a husband that ROARED!

Bella - It does get better. I know you don't feel like being all sympathetic right now... But quitting really is one of the hardest things to do. Remind yourself it'll be over soon and he's doing it for you and the baby.
0 Replies