Very important info from the media

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:42 am
with the media coverage of Kobe Bryant being a hot item in Colorado news, its great to get relevant information so we can make informed judgements. In the Rocky Mtn News 7/08/03 we can learn that Kobe, accused of sexual assualt "speaks fluent Italian-scored 1080 on his SAT and is one of the NBA's most respected players."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,380 • Replies: 8
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:44 am
and how many of those NBA players have S.A. and paternity problems?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:48 am
Hey, how 'bout them Cowboys. Can't even have a huddle without violating probation. Associating with known felons.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:48 am
Re: Very important info from the media
dyslexia wrote:
with the media coverage of Kobe Bryant being a hot item in Colorado news, its great to get relevant information so we can make informed judgements. In the Rocky Mtn News 7/08/03 we can learn that Kobe, accused of sexual assualt "speaks fluent Italian-scored 1080 on his SAT and is one of the NBA's most respected players."

Well I don't lhappen to like Kobe, but just to be fair, we also have to hear that the "victim" "tried out for American Idol, was an ex-cheerleader, and is of impeccable character."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:50 am
good point snood and sorry i didn't include that as well.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:53 am
KB in the news in CO
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 10:56 am
endorsements hanging in the balance
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 11:16 am
That's interesting, Snood, re the victim having tried out for "American Idol". I'd read that she'd been a member of the church choir, but not that detail.

But, at the end of the day, what does any of that, or Kobe's good SAT scores and ability to speak Italian, have to do with anything in this case?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:06 pm
Well, smart people commit really bizarre crimes, see, like that DuPont millionaire with the wrestler buddies, while cut-and-dry sexual assault is clearly more of a dumb-person crime. It's so obvious, in fact, that I'm surprised that the Clinton's did not submit academic records in Bill's defense.

Also, I would posit that not everybody who speaks Italian is intelligent or incapable of crime. It would be impolitic of me to cite examples, especially as I have potential future in-laws in New Jersey. And that glowing SAT score is 120 points behind the average score for students admitted to the entire University of California system in 2003, and even further behind the president's score (though the pres does not, so far as I know, speak Italian). I'm sure all of this is somehow relevant to something...
0 Replies