chest discomfort/palpitations (especially after eating)

HEARTBREAK

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 11:10 am
I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING THESE SAME SYMPTOMS FOR MYSELF AND JUST READ THAT MEALS CONTAINING: SUGAR, MSG, AND NITRATES CAN CAUSE THESE FLUTTERS. I AM STARTING A MEAL JOURNAL AND I HOPE I HAVE A FOOD ALLERGY BECAUSE MY HEART TEST AND STOMACH TEST COME BACK NORMAL.
0 Replies

jasascoria

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 09:20 am
@sakhi,
Did you ever have your gallbladder removed? If so, here is my same plight!!
For people who have palpitations after your gallbladder removal:
#1, I am not a doctor; I am just someone who had these issues for years. I saw cardiologists, had panic attacks was diagnosed with anxiety disorder treated with Xanax.
#2 How I would feel: I would almost pass out, my heart would race or skip beats. I thought I would die when I was grocery shopping, driving etc. After I would eat, I would really feel bad, almost passing out. My best friend told me that I should try a digestive enzyme because it might be my gallbladder. Plus I read in the Wall Street Journal that our gut was VERY much in charge of our entire body.
#3 So I went to Walgreens (because it was right next to Starbucks ) to see if I could find a digestive enzyme. The first thing I saw was gas pills that were a food enzyme supplement. The main ingredient was Alpha-Galactosidase enzyme 600GALU. Yeah, don’t try to pronounce it. I took one of these pills prior to every meal and it made a HUGE difference!!! My palpitations are completely gone. No longer feeling sick.
#4 Once again, I am not a doctor, only someone who has been through this. I made a promise to God, that if it cured me I would post it everywhere. Ask your doctor about that enzyme prior to using. As you can see, I don’t work for any company trying to sell something because you can get that enzyme in a plethora of different medications or vitamins. I truly just chose the cheapest generic version I found and it works wonderful!!!!!!
#5 Your not crazy!!!! Your not having panic attacks!!!! (most likely) Your not weak!!!!!! You just need help in your gut!
I hope this helps you!!
0 Replies

dhruba

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 06:52 am
@sakhi,
sakhi i think u have anxiety disorder...palpitation that is heart beat in an unnatural way that disturb us is a symptoms of it...so go for a doctor an ask about it....hope u will get well soon....
0 Replies

eskays30

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 02:28 pm
same symptoms leaving me scared and slpeeless. Doctors say no bp, hypertension. Help me.
0 Replies

poute

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 09:55 am
@54inches,
yes my friend 54inches. i have had a very similar reaction to the energy drinks. and now I have the EXACT SAME symptoms as SAHKI every since i had an attack with the energy drink monster. . I have seen many doctors and nobody knows what it is. someone needs to find out what it is, its very discomforting. After certain meals, my heart skips beats and palpitates. I feel like it might have to do with gas...but who knows!? I am a 25 year old male, in the very best shape. workouts 5 times a week and just enough cardio. hopefully after i get the monitor that records your heart, even when you're at home that they can tell what the heck it is. its so annoying. too young and healthy to have heart problems...
0 Replies

poute

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 09:56 am
@sakhi,
i HAVE THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS SAKHI ever since i had an attack with the energy drink monster. . I have seen many doctors and nobody knows what it is. someone needs to find out what it is, its very discomforting. After certain meals, my heart skips beats and palpitates. I feel like it might have to do with gas...but who knows!? I am a 25 year old male, in the very best shape. workouts 5 times a week and just enough cardio. hopefully after i get the monitor that records your heart, even when you're at home that they can tell what the heck it is. its so annoying. too young and healthy to have heart problems...
0 Replies

thadood

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:44 pm
I think heartbreak and jasa hit the nail on the head. I've suffered with this for many years. I've been through the gamut of test$, ct scan, scopes up/down, barium xray, sonar, what have you. Never a bad result and definitely no answer from any of the medical community on what it is. Just the cop out, IBS; such a lazy answer. The cause I've found is most likely diet. Mine sucks, admitted, so I have to narrow it down. I'm a bettin' man, and i'm bettin' on the MSG and lack of proper digestive enzyme. My history, gall bladder removal, hypothyroidism, anxiety, stressy IT job. I've since quit the crappy IT job, just programming now in a higher ed setting, highly recommended. I still have episodes of this, especially after the possible ingestion of msg/nitrites, like the Jimmy John's I had today, I'm sure it's loaded.
I'm going to try the enzymes tonight. I have tried some digestive enzymes in the past. I got a bad reaction to them, they made the skin on my chest very itchy. I thought maybe even hives (although, with my Magnum P.I. carpet goin' on, it's hard to tell).
0 Replies

Isabela

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 04:18 am
@sakhi,
me too have same problem... its due to the bad digestion system. i am using buscopen for this. you should try this medicine and also cold milk for relief.
0 Replies

Achieva

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:31 am
I too am having the same issues as sakhi with all the same results from doctors. I am an asian male (do not know if this is relevant or no not) who has had this issue for about 8 yrs now. I have been to the doctor multiple times with no results and more testing so I stopped going. One thing I am 100% sure off is that I get the attacks after eating fatty foods, I realize that if I just stop eating those foods I might not get an attack but I guess I am stubborn and enjoy those foods too much to fully give up. I also have not seen sakhi's reply lately and was wondering if anyone got any results to the palp issue or might even have a cure. Another thing I would like to mention is that I have been drinking a lot of teas lately and noticed if I drink camomile right after the foods the symptoms might not occur. Camomile might have some mild effects to certain individuals so plz look it up before drinking. So many years of this annoying problem someone plz help!!! Oh one more thing I also noticed the symptoms sometimes occur instantaneously when I drink alcohol sometimes....
0 Replies

Olay

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 08:44 pm
@sakhi,
If that occurs try to take Disflatyl 40mg, it chewable.
U will feel better or take nexium 40mg...
0 Replies

jamesh cllark

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 06:43 am
You are not feeling well so you must consult to doctor as it is always preferable to take precautions before getting into pain or suffering
0 Replies

judyme

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 04:36 pm
@sakhi,
Acid reflux. Read up on it. It will reassure you
0 Replies

judyme

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 04:37 pm
@sakhi,
You might want took read about acid reflux
0 Replies

judyme

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 04:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
Me too. Thanksgiving night.I think (well, I KNOW) I had way more red wine than was prudent. But the chest pressure while lying down was very scary.
0 Replies

sadiqsyed

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 11:26 pm
@sakhi,
hi
I am also having similar problem for more than a year.I have consulted a cardiologist had done eco-cardiograph, Stress test and all test being negative. I am also a doctor, lecturer in medical college.
With all the above problems, I am doing all things, going to Jim and can do heavy exercise without having any problem at that time.
I think this problem is due to our stressful lifestyle.
try following things which i am trying and getting result
1. Relax your mind by doing meditation or prayer
2. Start eating less food and also don't eat in a hurry
3. Loose your weight if you are overweight
4. stop over thinking of the problem, don't resist it just accept it
amygarside

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 12:18 am
@sadiqsyed,
This is interesting, I think our lives right now are really stressful and we need to follow healthy living.
0 Replies

afail

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:57 pm
@sakhi,
Also they should check your potassium levels when you have heart palpitations bc I was having them really bad and they found my potassium was almost non existing..
0 Replies

niniteerx1955

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 02:45 pm
@sakhi,
Ask your doctor to let you try a prescription beta blocker like propranolol. If all else is normal it should relieve your symptoms
0 Replies

Naseeh

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:27 pm
@sakhi,
Checkout if its CARDIOMYOPATHY. May be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Theres three types. 2 are common.

YOU MUST HAVE THIS 2 Tests done:
1. Halter
2. Echocardiogram

NB: Pls Don't trust every doctors, they too are HUMANS!
See many, and accept which u feel right, because no one knows your own body well other than you! (Except god)
0 Replies

Naseeh

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 06:33 pm
@sakhi,
Checkout if its CARDIOMYOPATHY. May be hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Theres three types. 2 are common.

YOU MUST HAVE THIS 2 Tests done:
1. Halter
2. Echocardiogram

NB: Pls Don't trust every doctors, they too are HUMANS!
See many, and accept which u feel right, because no one knows your own body well other than you! (Except god)

If its a situation related to this; its just a state. Nothing to worry.
Best medicine for all is being happy. If your mind is healthy your body too gradually be healthy! Smile
0 Replies